Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Provincials Masters Championships: Round of 16 Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gee you are up early Anti Fan. I heard you got into it with the Lynn Valley Smiling Crab Society down at Bridgeman park last night.

And quit slagging Cside, that team is one of your primary sources of income.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slur M.. I may have been at bridgeman supporting my favorite non proffit organization.......ok enough about my gambling. I was just up early to watch the man U. game. Just installed a new Satellite dish in the tree fort, thanks for the empties... and the game balls, they really add up.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2-1 West Van (PK's 4-3)

I was busy losing a game this afternoon but second hand reports tell me that WS was up 1-0 first half, WV equalized in the second (from some good pressure by the sounds of it). A couple of scoring opportunities in OT went unfulfilled (if this was Sir M's report he would be making some Mrs. Sir M comment here no doubt...but it isn't so I won't).

PK's (again!): WV hit the cross bar on the first, everyone scores until WS hits a softy for a save...and up steps Merks to try and set the record straight for a perceived slag in another thread on this hallowed forum. He slots it to go up a goal and then makes the save to win it!!!

Woohoo!! Onto the round of 8.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 5
Nordic 0

After some initial pressure, we slotted 3 to be up 3 nil at the half... second half saw a lot of space but we took the foot off which Farks said may be the wrong thing to do at this point of the season.

In any event, a good game, Nordic has a bunch of good guys on their squad, too bad hot-heed Tee wasn't one of them :D (sorry for getting stuck in, either you or me :D )

I heard Columbus won 3-1 over Nanaimo, Coveside and Norvan lost 3-0 and 2-0 (don't know which is which) so Peace Arch and FireRangers are through.

Also heard VFF were down 1-0 with 10 to go... I really don't want to go to the Island already :eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, close...

In PKs both teams scored on their first chance, we hit the bar on our second, but Maros stopped WS' I guess it was their third shot. Merks buried his and we missed our 5th PK when he guessed right. Extremely disappointing game for us as I thought we had 10-15 golden chances, to WS's not very many chances but typical WS game with JC slotting one on a rebound on about a five player collision with the goaltender off of a corner, and then it was the Merks show, with some help from his crossbar on too many times to count. Best game by a Master's goaltender I have ever seen. Unbelieveable. Hopefully Luongo will play close to that this eve.

Well done Westside, a good bunch of guys.

I heard Columbus beat Nanaimo 3-0, don't know of any other scores...

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back to work and will mention that Fireman just lost on penalties to a Vic team called....Vic West; saw first half and mostly dominated by fireman only to be down 1 zip; came back to actually watch part of next game but caught a penalty awared to vic west with 5 minutes left in 2nd ot....but a clear miss. The fireman were quite a bit larger than the other team and i would say from the bit i saw did not get the ball in the air in the box enough. i was told they dominated most of the game, but thats why we play correct! The 2nd game was metro ford vs uvic....and with about 5 minutes left in the
1st half a very nasty collision stopped the game with uvic up 1 zip. metro ford moved the ball very well for the 1st 15 minutes, but uvic looks very dangerous when they get near the goal. could have easily been 1-1 but for a very nice save by uvic keeper before the collision. i left as an ambulance was taking the uvic player away....the metro ford chap had a very nasty cut as well......

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Sir M.
I'm the same age as Merkle and was a first hand witness at many matches in my youth as to what the boy can do.
Unbelievable keeper for sure.

We beat Coveside 2-0 although I wasn't there missing out due to work.
However, Coach informed that me Coveside battled the shite out of us and we were fortunate to hang on for the win in the late stages.
We played a good game he said but he was also very complimentary of their fitness.

PAU beat Norvan 3-0.

Looking forward to next week,
RF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Howdy boys............

Just BBQing over at Nights place with the boys..

Aldergrove beat Vantights......Don't know the score....

Leatch is not answering his phone yet??? As soon as he does i will post both M F and Firemens score.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go boys.........

Both Firmen and Metro Ford lost

Metro Ford lost 2-0.....Leatchy says Victoria is damm good.

Firemen lost in PK'S.................

This tourney lost some big teams today.........WoW!!!!

Game On.............

By the way Sir M.....A bone to pick with you later buddy boy.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent showing by the FVSL teams thus far. It appears that the NSCL teams were unable to score a goal this year in this tournament. Not too surprised at the MF result after the toll last week's game took on the sides.

Should be an interesting rankings this week...Some heavyweights have gone by the wayside early...will a VISL team top the rankings? Staff, sequestered now, are crunching numbers ...stay tuned, it will be a long, stressful night: coffee, cigarettes, magazines, ties loosened, and sweat stains under staff's mandatory white button down shirts...the Final Eight will be up on this thread in the next 24 hours, depending.

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/o...-excellent-power-rankings-2006-2007-a-16.html

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next week then

Columbus FC - U Vic Alumni (assuming that Columbus won)
Vic West FC - Surrey United

Aldergrove - Westside
SFC Rangers - PAU

Interesting...

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from both the Island games. Vic West beat Fireman in Pk's. VW had the first 10 minutes and then fireman took over. VW scored a nice goal 20 minutes in and that was the end of their attacking threat. Fireman were poor in front of goal and missed 4 or 5 great chances. VW missed a PK in the 2nd half of OT and then held on till the end.

Uvic beat Metro Ford 2-0. Boring for the most part, Uvic player shipped off for a serious head injury. Uvic made it look easy to be honest. MF strutted around like peacocks but didn't actually do anything. Uvic keeper made 1 great save but MF had no balls and didn't show any fight to get back into the game.

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next week then

Columbus FC - U Vic Alumni (assuming that Columbus won)
Vic West FC - Surrey United

Aldergrove - Westside
SFC Rangers - PAU

Interesting...

Very interesting considering the popping off by a certain group on here earlier.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from both the Island games. Vic West beat Fireman in Pk's. VW had the first 10 minutes and then fireman took over. VW scored a nice goal 20 minutes in and that was the end of their attacking threat. Fireman were poor in front of goal and missed 4 or 5 great chances. VW missed a PK in the 2nd half of OT and then held on till the end.

Uvic beat Metro Ford 2-0. Boring for the most part, Uvic player shipped off for a serious head injury. Uvic made it look easy to be honest. MF strutted around like peacocks but didn't actually do anything. Uvic keeper made 1 great save but MF had no balls and didn't show any fight to get back into the game.

Hey well done. Way to win with grace.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0