Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Langley Summer League

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
To say Ned is worse than Tin Po is slanderous. Expect a call from his legal team.

So who gets the big appointment in the final?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
housearrest should have gone to work instead didn't seem like you were into it mate. Demoralized at times but hey I would be too when you get no support from your defense. QUOTE]

ya, not too sure what to say bout my performance there. Obviously wasn't happy with that at all. Don't know what it is but been finding it difficult the last couple of games to stay focused in the net. Find myself not concentrating at points during the game and try and refocus. Don't know if its just the summer ball and too many other things going on, but like you said, definetly wasn't in it and demoralized at times.

Maybe taking a couple of weeks off and enjoying the rest of the summer will do the trick:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m sort of busy LFC4, but will take time out of trying to dominate the pollution control universe to appease your palate.

JBN…your post reads of a guy that is pissed he lost to a bunch of cokcey, talented kids.

Dude, I never said he was the worst ref available...I have seen him do the odd good game (3 weeks ago Nomads vs Muckers wasn't bad at all) The comment that getting decent refs is hard enough is crap...There are plenty of officials that could partner up with the always good and consistant Pete to do the other game each night in this league...

Not to speak for Gary, but easier said than done.

Everyone has a ref that doesn't favor them. We do too. You don't like the way he officiates, and you think he has it out for you- fine. I'd suggest you guys probably need to get better at managing the official. Easier said than done. But we all have to do it. Refs are human, and they command a level of respect. They may not give it back, and frankly, that’s just the way it is. But, if you don’t at least give it on the surface (Fake it), it will come back to hurt you.

The rest of the stuff…I have no idea what the issues are. I do know that after being involved in the FVSSL, Utah and Gary decided to start their own league. Gary especially puts his heart and soul into this little league. Say what you will- and a lot of people have varying opinions of the man- but you can’t dispute that he does all this for us because he wants to. He doesn’t have to.

So, if I’m in your shoes, I’d be judging this SUMMER league on three things:

1. Did your team have fun playing in it?
2. Were the teams respectful of common sense, clean, fair play?
3. Was the caliber satisfactory?

For a dinky little league, the caliber is actually not bad. It isn’t the old Knights Premier league, or the PCL, but it is still half decent. As for the level of respectful play, I don’t recall ever hearing about an ugly incident of any kind that would throw the unwritten rule of “Gentlemanly conduct” out the window. I’ve played in some summer leagues where brawls were a regular thing (thinking of the Burnaby Summer league, and FITS league in Vancouver years back). Finally, in the two games out, I see a bunch of lads having a good run, and enjoying themselves.

To me, I think that qualifies as a pretty successful summer league.

If you can run a better league- and I have no doubt you’d be extremely organized- offer to take it off his plate. Then you can fire Ned. If you want to pull your team, I’m pretty sure there will be another squad who’ve heard it is a decently run, fun, decent caliber league that will take your spot.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You didn't play poorly at all HA...You made an absolute circus stop off that free kick in the second half.

ya but that was about it.....first goal should have done alot better....third goal off the post had the angle and touched it but was a good shot, and the last one i guess i was just done for cause went right through my hands (although it was a hard one, still should have had it).

All in all, like robj put in, I should have done better. My head wasn't completely there and if I had made a save or two on one of those goals, the team would have still been in it and had a chance to win.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was no getting piss drunk on your own while watching Intervention re-runs, but entertaining none the less...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN…your post reads of a guy that is pissed he lost to a bunch of cokcey, talented kids.

Kind of sounds like us last week...:rolleyes:
Karma's a bitch innit lads?

:D

Ned's OK in my books even if we've had the odd run in with him in the past.
But you learn to forgive and forget after 20 years...:D

We were out to have a good time this summer, get some fitness :rolleyes: ;), have a few laughs (at Uppal) :D, play some competitive footy, yell a few profanities at the oppostion sometimes, have a few pints after.
We did that and happy to say it worked for us.
Also, very proud in that I think we had like two yellows the whole season.
Think about it boys - It's summer league and kind of rinky dink IMHO.
How the league is run is not rinky dink, far from it, but like JBN said, it's not the fcuking World Cup boys.

Utah:
Care to elaborate on how Baldy and his crew of merry cheating cnuts ended the dream season?

TTP and all that Baldy, ;) :D
RF

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, wow, ouch.

Are you going to be the one to FINALLY put Dude in his place, the Mr. know it all about virtually nothing TTP loud mouth.

Looking forward to it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I respect Dude and his opinion, we can agree to disagree.

The league went pretty smoothly.

Games went as scheduled without hiccups
Refs were at the games
Only had one cockup with a double booking with the field that was entirely not the LSSL's fault in any way shape or form.

Our guys had a lot of fun, and enjoyed the footy.

I am a little irate about a few things... And hopefully I can work through those issue with the Powers that be. Otherwise I can take my team to one of the other 3 or 4 Summer leagues out there...

We thought it would be best for us to join this league since it is effectively the closest thing to participating in a Langley United thing (considering 3 LUFC teams were in it, unofficially or officially) and that the calibre was quite good.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
like robj put in, I should have done better.

Hey I thought you played ok. I thought your defense let you down especially Kjohnsob, his flub was the turning point. Most of their goals were solid. I think kjohnsob was the reason your team lost he had no business playing ;).

I have to say I agree with the kids being cocky and I think tonights final will be entertaining.

Highlight of the night Jose convinced Panago to deliver pizza to the stands. I think Ned is reffing both games.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey I thought you played ok. I thought your defense let you down especially Kjohnsob, his flub was the turning point. Most of their goals were solid.

ok being the key word there. I just expect more from myself and while it might have been an ok performance, simply wasn't good enough. My job is to give my team a chance to win and keep them in the game, and couldn't do that to save my life yesterday.

ah well, what can u do. still had fun playing in this league to the games I could make. hoping that maybe next year we can play with a beachball so I could stop something!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word round the campfire was that the FV team won 2-1 over the Kids...

Ps, You suck Frase...I'll never get those minutes of my life back...They're gone forever...

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol clearly I should be posting from work.

the 2nd half was not going to go our way long before I gave that kid his break away. We had 4 yellow cards and I dont think the ball had been out of our half.

I need to stop playing like I'm the fastest player on the pitch - Sub's goon made sure that will never be. obviously not a good game, makes up for keeping IS21 and Reegan in my back pocket the game before. *shrug* it happens.

I dont know if Ned just needs glasses or to wear something other that Reebok areobics shoes, but he is totally clueless. I did not touch the kid on my yellow, the whole pitch knew it (except hin), there were un obstucted shots that were called corners and phantom offsides and missed offsides. I supose it raises the question, why would anyone want to be a ref.

Robj stick to yuor observations about the knight's league, they're more accurate, clearly you were a few too many bud lights in by the time our game came around (though I'd love to hear what else the parents were saying)

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My personal Ass informed me Fraser Valley scored in the final minutes to beat the runts 2-1.

Cheaters > Cheaters.

Cant wait til next year, sans Ned.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robj stick to yuor observations about the knight's league, they're more accurate, clearly you were a few too many bud lights in by the time our game came around (though I'd love to hear what else the parents were saying)

buddy I have been cutting you down more in the knights league ;).

As far as the parents when you got that yellow I clearly saw the kid dive like a salmon trying to make its way upstream. The parents although, thought you deserved a red which I turned around and said you guys are lucky the Nomads have layed off these kids. They are a little too lippy and give no one any respect. The ref which I normally stick up for (except Uppal) most of the time because it is a hard job kept calling you guys on 50/50 balls when they would go down but when a Nomad would go down it would be play on. Then to top it off a parent would say whimp, or girl.

I was sort of happy the FV team beat them even though I really thought they were the worst team in the league. The kids were a little too cocky and observing their coach you could see why. Their coach was cocky. He did get upset though when I told him his wife called and wanted her yellow jacket back.

I can't believe you guys didn't want to play the consolation finals kjohnsob. I wish we would have know the muckers could have played the dynamo. After your performance kjohn I understand, but it's only a game. See you in two weeks bud. I would say first round is on me but the knights management keeps bringing u brew.

Good job to Gary and Chad. I like this league much better than the KNights league. Great job of keeping things updated.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How can you not love that song? That used to be the 2:AM closer at Mardi Gras in New West, back in the day. Quick- everyone find a cougar!

RDM

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanx for the dig KJ.The day I can`t run circles around you is the day I am in a wheel chair.We did have a lot of fun though.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0