Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Langley Summer League

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still dont know about this final the DAY AFTER the semi's....

ya, not liking this either......having to take time off work for the semis tomorrow, and possibly wed as well..... loss of money out of my own pocket!

Ill pay the dam $30 to move the finals to next week!

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill pay the dam $30 to move the finals to next week!

I will as well - and that's without us knowing we'll be in it. I've got TFC tickets :mad: I'm gonna miss heckling Lauren Robert and Danny Dichio to play a game, and once we've beaten the kids and the muckers there's not much left, maybe gary's old men would just admit defeat and deliver the trophy to my mantle. ;)

what do you say Utah?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So 7pm the Lizards vs FV? right?(I'll predict Lizards/Referee to win 3-1 over FV ;) )
and 9pm the Mighty Nomads vs "The Kids" LUYSA U-18 metro (I'll predict a 3-1 Nomads victory)

I'm drinking beer :wa: to numb the knee ...couldn't keep up to those young bucks if I tried anyways :D

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Johnny,
If you'd stop yelling at Magnum(ned) the way Higgins(you) does, you might actually end up with a ref who likes your mob.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We didn't yell at him the last game, because he did a good job and didn't job us...

Nice try on the Higgins thing ;) , I can only dream :rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard via my Personal Ass. that the Lizardz lost to the FV "late additions" 4-1?

The Lizards Rolled on and on and right off the pitch. How Righteous is that..hey brothers!

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

4-2 for Magnum over Higgins with 20 mins left as well in the other matchup.

Shaping up for a FV / LUYSA final. I hope to watch tomorow.....

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to watch both games with Jose and RDM last night. First game 3-0 at the half and the lizards looked like they were not into the match mentally, better second half but not enough a 4-1 loss.

The next game was more entertaining thats for sure. I think it was 6-3 in the end. 2-2 at the half kjohnsob flubs a clear out the youths took advantage and scored 3-1 and the turning point of the game. He should have taken himself off at that point but decided to stay on. housearrest should have gone to work instead didn't seem like you were into it mate. Demoralized at times but hey I would be too when you get no support from your defense. housser and carni you guys played great didn't give up at all kept trying and couldn't catch a break. The parents of the youth team, I gotta say ridiculous at times. Have no idea of the rules cried ever time one of the kids went down on a fair tackle and when their kids brought down a Nomad just laughed and called the opposing team whimps.

We muckers agreed to lay off of them because they are kids but I gotta tell you they are lippy and will piss off the wrong team one day. The youth team should win but their cockyness may be their down fall in the end.

As far as the illegible players (need 4 games in) if this is an issue which it seems to be hopefully it will be rectified next year. I don't think it really matters because it is after all summer league, and in the end if teams wanna cheat they will.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ned is not capable...

I don't possibly know how Gary and this league continues scheduling him for us...After my and Lima's incident with him, where I asked specifically to not have him do our games for the betterment of both parties we get him 3 out of the last 4 games!!!

Fcuking shocking.

The kids second goal was offside, and by a mile, the play after Ned blew an offside call against us...make up call, and not cool...

We didn't take our chances well, they were clinical.

Well done to those cocky little scumbags...they worked hard and were rewarded for it...

That being said, the diving and falling all over the place should not be allowed or tolerated...Ned not only condoned it, he practically endorsed it.

My thoughts on the officials are the same as I can tell from the LUYSA coaching staff as well...He was right into it with a few of their players too...There were times that Doug and I just looked at each other and shrugged...

I know that I will need a personal guarantee that this bag of crap will not be officiating in this league next year or the Nomads will not be a part of this league. It isn't sour grapes at all...When half our team walks off the park at the end of the game upset during summer soccer about stuff like that you know there is fire to the smoke so to speak. It just isn't fun, we aren't out here to win the world cup...but why bother showing up if you can't possibly do enough to get a result because the calls just go against you at every turn...It's like beating your head against the wall

Beer was good, Nomads finally outlasted everyone at the park...until the mosquitos came out

Go FV!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to be kidding? That's not sour grapes?

JBN- Ned is by far not the worst ref available. Not even close. He's actually quite easy to manage as compared to some guys. I'd take him over 1/2 of the guys we get handed in the regular season. I think you guys need to learn how to manage the officials a bit better.

Sorry bro, but I'm pretty sure that type of ultimatum will fall on deaf ears, especially when it is hard enough to find refs, let alone half decent ones.

My take is that you were outpaced by a bunch of young kids. From what I saw, you weren't going to win, even w/ the best official on the planet. In fact, you may want to thank the kids for going down, as it gave your boys a rest. If they were smart- and they aren't yet- they would stay up, and play through the advantage. That would have really killed you. It usually takes playing men's at div.1 or Prem to finally understand this.

My 2 bits.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, We didn't lose because of the referee...perhaps my post read that way...sorry for the confusion, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that they finished their chances and we didn;t

We couldn't have won, even if we had played better.

We have ZERO, read: ZERO, issues with other referees...Have had run-ins with individual players getting dissent cards from other notorious ego-maniacs like Albert, Tin-Poh, an another Dude who's name escapes me at the moment...

Ned is Meglomaniac...He trots around, and like all officials/coaches/players makes the odd mistake, but then it seems like he has to 'Make it up' and then things start compounding, and he then tries to re-collect control by getting into chirping contests with players. He has to understand that nobody came to watch him. He loses control of the game then has to go way out the way to try and regain control through the weirdest of means...

He has carried his apparent disdain for us into this game, and I'm sure future games...

as far as an ultimatum...Gary was struggling to get teams this year...We are not back next year unless a few things change. It's not like I have some grandiouse illusion that life in the LSSL will not go on without the Nomads...c'mon, I'm just saying that we will not participate next year...Ned is just one of the concerns I have with the league. IIRC, FV was an 11th hour addition to the league and the Muckers were touch and go to start the year.

Ned had no idea about advantage...The LUYSA coach was pissed he didn't play the advantage a few times for them in the first half...then they start falling down in the second half...gee, I wonder why...good coaching, poor officiating...

The Kids were, albeit cocky and tough to take, full value for their win.

Dude, I never said he was the worst ref available...I have seen him do the odd good game (3 weeks ago Nomads vs Muckers wasn't bad at all) The comment that getting decent refs is hard enough is crap...There are plenty of officials that could partner up with the always good and consistant Pete to do the other game each night in this league...

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
This is gripping stuff. It has been 18 minutes since you were called out. I hope that means we have a HUGE post of the day coming.
The soon to be lfc4.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0