Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Masters Provincial Cup Banter

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, no sorry not looking good. One Cub cannot be involved because he might get injured.

And the second Cub is at a golf tournament at Northview. Curiously, the post tournament banquet will be attended by but two people. And even more curiously, it will be held in a dark corner at the Park Royal Keg.

Sir M.

Speaking of getting hurt SirM... look out for the knuckle dragger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't realize Ralph Maglieri was a wrestling referee before he got into real estate.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that's it for another season..............

The boys had their last training session on Weds night and everything looks good to go.

I know U Vic are a well prepared squad so we want to make sure that we do everything we can to make things difficult for them.

To have Izzat back and playing greatly helps our depth again this weekend.

We have many, many players who have played in big games before so i don't see that being a problem.

It would be nice to see Barry have a solid 90 minutes on Sat.

The first final against Inter he was suspended and last year he broke his big toe ten minutes into the game.:confused:

C J and Tony give us two solid keepers, it's now just left to see which one we go with in the final. Both have played very well for us.

Anyways thanks for the good luck wishes and all.............It's time to get this game over with and see if we can continue to keep the ball out of the net.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict a very boring game, not sure why I'm making the drive to watch...

1-0 sounds about right.

:D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not making the drive as I have more important things to do...just ask the wife? Wait...don't..I'll just be in more shite...you are right Coach...get this done then join us for our "Island" trip...lots of room! Good Luck!

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M got tied up at work, otherwise I would have been there. KNVB, for entertainment sake, you may want to hit up Dickens, I think he is going to be in attendance. He may even be wearing the blue blazer.

2.jpg (image)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 - 1 U-Vic at the half.

Mclean was sent off for a proffestional foul. HoS saved the PK. Rangers had a PK miss of their own just before that.

Long half ahead for the Rangers.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Uvic Final.

Rangers ended up playing 2 men down for about 30 minutes and still had their chances staff report. It just wasn't to be today I guess. N. Gilbert with the winner for Uvic.

Unlucky Rangers.

Sir M, I'm not there Regs is... he's never seen him before but by all reports he had a good game. The ref did, not Regs. He's a minger.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks. Dickens said the same about the ref, that he did not know who he was but had a very good game. I see The Rock was bang on with his prediction, once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This game had many, many talking points.

FireRangers came flat out flying. 1-0 5 minutes in on a harmless shot that the UVic keeper waved at - looked like he was screened, also looked like he was a girl :D

5 minutes after that, a PK for Rangers. Unfortunately for them, didn't even hit the target. From that point on, it was all UVic to the half. During that time, they tied it up, scored another and were awarded a PK of their own. On the PK, Ian Mac was judged to have committed a professional foul and was sent off. JoJo13 then stubbed his dink and Hands of Stone made the easy save :)

Gary Bryan for UVic was creating problems for Rangers and I thought was their man of the match. JoJo13 had a hammy problem but was probably the most skilled guy out there (scored the winner).

Second half saw Rangers start to control the game but unfortunately for them, a second half sub picked up 2 yellows in about 10 minutes and now Rangers were down to 9 men. Over? Nope, they dominated and really, had enough chances to win this thing. Well, maybe dominated is too strong as UVic did have some good counters but they lose marks for not capitalising on the situation.

Overall, the Rangers just seemed to be missing that extra gear on the day. Not having Bails out there obviously hurt them and there was a huge gap between Wilkie and Parno for large stretches of the game.

Congrats to UVic and good luck in the Westerns!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to UVIC. This win will have an impact on the final 2007/2008 edition of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm...thought the Rangers might be able to pull off the repeat...now we have to get the cup back from the island....8 years....wow..that's along time...but hey I have to brag that we took it 3 of those 8....now...can UVIC repeat?? Wonder if we'll have a late late night post from Coach?

Cheers!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0