Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Masters Provincial Cup Banter

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
UVIC 2 Columbus 1, Uvic defender cleared a shot off his line in the last minute. Good luck to Uvic and Rangers in the final. Vantreights were outplayed, but we hung in there and gave them a good run, I missed a sitter with 2 minutes to go, gutted

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Coach, RF, Whistleblower et al. Also a big Paula Abdul clap for Nick et al from UVic. Should be a great final.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt5-wn3fvlw]YouTube - Paula Abdul - What is she smokin'???[/ame]

PS: Why does this somehow remind me of KNVB and Sir M hosting the TTP Provincials phone in show, and JAGS calling in?

It must be KNVB's excellent SU red blazer.

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite effort by Columbus - unworthy of crown.
Did they really expect to travel with 12 and get it done??
There are not enough towels on the ferry to soak up all the Columbus tears.
Wonder who will be the first to start spouting excuses why they couldn't get it done...travel, ref's, field, no heart, no skill...lets hear it.

Vantreights lost a close one... otherwise its an all island final
Why are the mainland teams even in this tourney - all they do punish the BC Soccer travel bill.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is The Rock just before he boarded the bus for his BCs exit game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaiOC6vIz0"]//www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaiOC6vIz0[/ame]

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
M' -that was one of my best interviews.

BTW - we were one bad ref call short of a re-match with UVic - and we are are the only team to make them hear the 3-count this year.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rockhead - you even make me want the Rangers to win ... good luck but the Island will never win this crown unless another trip to the Island is in order.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like "repeat"....dare I say. :wa:

Rockforbrains: how many did UVIC come over with last year and got sent home with the towel??:eek:

Cheers!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wonder who will be the first to start spouting excuses why they couldn't get it done.

Probably Hose.....Waiting for his post game comments after he finishes his shift.

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Futbol

stat guy
Who's scoring the goals?Whats the scoop with all these 1-0 scores?Pk's,last minute scrambles,nice headers off corners??:DSir M,you get called out,2 weeks to prep,in your own back yard and your golfing,nice.Maybe you should ask to go to the inferior league(FVML) to prep for the provincials?:rolleyes:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judge Judy,

I checked into joining the league to which you refer, and I get that you believe a stat guy is important.

However, I fail to see how joining the FMVL would help a team improve its results in the Provincials. Just my opinion though.

Fox Valley Math League

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unfortunately, I didn't make the trip with a bad hammy..........but from all accounts, the game could have gone either way. I was told it was an even game right to the bitter end, where a uvic player cleared a chance off the line. Time to heal the old bodies and recupe for next year. I wonder why SCK is so concerned about our results......

Good luck to Uvic and Surrey in the finals. Its just too bad that I won't have the opportunity to chip HOS! For the record I'm calling Surrey to repeat.

Galby

Apr 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey's strength, from what i experienced yesterday, is a lot of very large guys that were solid in the air and solid on defence. I think there achilles heal will be lack of finish. We had two great scoring chances, in the first 5 minutes and in the last 5 minutes the other 80 minutes were lopsided. They definitely had a lot of possession but didn't seem to have someone with a knack for scoring. UVIC on the other hand has a lot of finishers with some great playmakers in the midfield. Two very different teams that will result in a very entertaining final.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Galby.......Good battle from you boys yesterday!

I think anybody who travels to the Island is in for a very hard battle.The pitch looked nice from the outside but it was bouncy and hard as ever.

As much as we tried to play and settle things down......they kept battling away and making things very awkward.

After a nice build up we finally got one from a rebound off the post..From there on in no matter how well much we knocked the ball around or came in at close range.....No Goals?

Great to see Izatt get back on the field and lift the boys at a good time.

Our bench was good.......We actually pulled two of our best players at half (Wilky and Shuey) and the boys off the bench played very well. Marshall played his first game of the tourney and had a blinder.(No game time so far and gets the nod at right back) Solid and set up the goal.

Vantrights are hard and gritty and they just don't go way....Well done Boys!

Now we get back to the Big Dance against a different but much improved U Vic.

We played them two years ago and everything went very well for us on that day.......I think we won 4-2.........But that was then and this is now.

We know they are Very Good and they like to Play.....Good Stuff!

Chilliwack Stadium is an awesome grass pitch. As much as teams don't want to believe it, we like to get it down and play as well!;)

So far so good as the Big D has given up Zero goals in Three games.

Let's hope we have one more big game left inside and we can continue on with a very good season.

I enjoyed playing the second half myself yesterday and look forward to Making it Happen in two weeks time.

Two close to call because they are a very, very good team. I think we go into this one as the underdogs.

I guess we will find out in two weeks time........Let's Go Rangers!:D

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know Coach....they have to travel to the mainland.....they don't like leaving the confines of the island....plus they have to drive all the way to Chilliwack....now that is a road trip. Good Luck. See ya Friday.

Cheers!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0