Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Nations Cup

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since all of the runner ups seem to be doing a fantastic job patting themselves on their backsides, it is only then fitting to congratulate the O 38 lads from India on a fine weekned. All the boys stepped up to the plate when needed and the final result was more than well earned!

Thank you and congrats to the organizing committee on a job well done.

Last I saw C. Shamrock was draped in an Indian flag riding his bike on the sidewalk down #1 Road yelling "India my India"......funny what a couple of beers and spicy samosas will do to an Irishman :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer gardens open again. Next saturday Cloverdale Athletic Park.12 noon PCSL Cnallenge Cup playoffs. Victoria vs Khalsa. Sunday 2.30pm same place Surrey United vs Seatle Wolves. These are two very high caliber games. Come chek it out and have a cold one. Top amature soccer in BC. There is also reseve games both days. Come out support Steve Maller and rest of the boys.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a quick note to all ... as organizers of the event we listen to suggestions and are open to constructive input to make the tourney better every year. We're already contemplating some new ideas to improve the event. It's a lot of work, but always well worth it in the end. It really comes down to the quality of play (despite what Larsson might think) and the loyalty and support of the spectators who attend. Without that, the atmosphere wouldn't be the same.

Thanks to everyone who played and attended. Thanks also for showing your respect for "Penno" just before the Final kicked off. We wanted to do something special for him and I think you helped us acheive that. It was a nice show of respect and admiration for the man who ran the event for so many years. Big shoes to fill indeed.

Congrats to the Irish.

We'll see you all next year for the 30th Anniversary.

Cheers,
Jeff Wilson

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since all of the runner ups seem to be doing a fantastic job patting themselves on their backsides, it is only then fitting to congratulate the O 38 lads from India on a fine weekned. All the boys stepped up to the plate when needed and the final result was more than well earned!

Thank you and congrats to the organizing committee on a job well done.

Last I saw C. Shamrock was draped in an Indian flag riding his bike on the sidewalk down #1 Road yelling "India my India"......funny what a couple of beers and spicy samosas will do to an Irishman :D

Indeed, Nemesis. Congratulations to the O-38 Bhangra bhoys. I still think we would have beaten you in the final.........:p;)

Captain Samosa

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larson, seriously, it's getting old. But, whatever...I guess this is how you get your rocks off. Writing such disparaging remarks towards any player that clearly works his ass off and gets all that he can out of his abilities is just lame.

Ireland- congrats! Who else was in the line-up?

Guinness: congrats to you on what must be the best season you've ever had personally. Scoring the winner for Ireland in the Nation's is something to be proud of, and some nice icing on the cake. Well done!
thats fuking shite a bluenose cnut playing for eire scoring the winner,dude get yur kack out of guinness arse,( guinness would you wear the hoops ya orange canadian wee pratt)captain celtic wear hoops & are scottish(Irish heritage)politics I guess!I think that rules are rules wab player for ger,itals & ireland (snedds payed for ireland & scotland)the tourney is full of non rules & non football players just soccer guys

fcuk al of you
titsup
ps fcuk me ryan horvath played for england last year
thatsa fcuked

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sid, how we miss you bigman, when are you coming out of retirement and locking Reccos in a washroom again. Hey, lets do it for the 30th, Larson could even come back and play for the Caribean, Scotland will have no problem with that.

Anyone who has soo many complaints about the tourney, should send willy a e-mail and get involved next year.

SirM, at least I got there, so we could get some goals out of Besty, as Reedie couldn't keep the ball on the park.

hos

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats fuking shite a bluenose cnut playing for eire scoring the winner,dude get yur kack out of guinness arse,( guinness would you wear the hoops ya orange canadian wee pratt)captain celtic wear hoops & are scottish(Irish heritage)politics I guess!I think that rules are rules wab player for ger,itals & ireland (snedds payed for ireland & scotland)the tourney is full of non rules & non football players just soccer guys

fcuk al of you
titsup
ps fcuk me ryan horvath played for england last year
thatsa fcuked

Mr. Base? Is that you;)

Guinness is NornIron

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's his point Johnny. Sid's clan is a little, shall we say, old school. County Cork I think?

Who knows.

Isn't part of the fun of Nations simply following the suitcases?

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
India O 30's had a great weekend and played their best game of the tourney in the final vs Italy... even after falling 1 down in the first half after out playing the Italians, India forced there way back into the game with the equalizer with 15 to go in the second half, and then getting the Golden goal in the first extra time session.... India walked away with 2 titles this weekend (0 30's and 0 38's), a great showing for all the boys.............

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defector:
Congrats to India over 30's. They played us well and deserved the victory. We just couldn't hold on to a 1-0 lead for that long. Too many runners on their side...I wonder what is their average age?? They certainly were fit for the summer.
Their goalie made a couple of key saves and the golden goal was a beauty. We made the final for the second year in a row. Nothing to be ashamed of.
As for the tournament, my only question is why the over 30's don't get any games at the school or oval? At our age, artificial turf really takes it toll after four games. I would like to see the final on grass just like the open division. In any event, great tournament and lots of fun. Cheers!

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defector:
Congrats to India over 30's. They played us well and deserved the victory. We just couldn't hold on to a 1-0 lead for that long. Too many runners on their side...I wonder what is their average age?? They certainly were fit for the summer.

There were 3 guys in the starting lineup that have their 30th birthdays this year, two of them in the middle of the park. But that being said I still think Paul Favs aka Chris Chelios is a fit as they come and it's a task trying to keep up with him.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right! The only problem is we had one of him and you guys had a few too many 30 year olds...I heard the goal scorer is 29?? He should be playing open for fcuk sakes..Our average age is probably 37...

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I'm 29 turning 30... I wanted to play open with Germany but WAB only wants Germans even though I agreed to play the role of Odonkor:D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question: I saw the best ref in Canada doing an open semi-final but not the final - what gives?

I'm guessing he was more then happy to pass that honour on as he is off to officiate the MLS Allstars versus West Ham on Thursday night in TO. Where will you be? Not in T.O. I assume...Hey, how many MLS Allstar games have you been involved with?;)

sinpa01

Feb 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to congratulate everyone who played in the Nations Cup 2008. It was not easy being out there playing more than one game in that heat. Also, big thanks to the organizers who make this tournament happen!

And last but no least a BIG THANKS to my team mate O38 Team India Champions!

(Kam, Ram, Shin and Eddie they played there hearts out)!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey SCK, if you think that the turf was hard on the o30 players, what about us older old farts in the o38 category?

Actually, I did see you hit a couple at the Chinese keeper with your purse...:D

Captain Samosa: If not India, you would have had to play us in the final, and keep Davie Monaghan onside (that's a fulltime job in itself). Talk to Hoffman and see if he'd be willing to have a battle between the two 2nd place teams.:D

Trece

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM, at least I got there, so we could get some goals out of Besty, as Reedie couldn't keep the ball on the park.

hos

Well Mr. Coleman Stove, SirM and the rest of the lads (who left it all out on the pitch this weekend for their nation) wanted to wait until the campfire smoke blew over a little but we may as well get the word out there now...Any O-30 goalkeepers looking to play for Scotland next year, please PM SirM ASAP. Of course, your heritage is not an issue, unless you are truly Scotish, in which case you're not welcome because all Scotish keepers are crap and would rather be camping for free somewhere, as their ex-mates fight tooth and nail for their 15 different countries of origin. Please note: if your goalkeeping resume includes giving away obvious penalties that any sane ref would surely be forced to call, you need not apply.

Perhaps we can merge the Ireland Women's team and Scotland O-30/38's next year, bringing together an unstoppable coaching force of Cappy Samosa, SirM and Penn & Teller :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0