Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Olympic......

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone watching Michael Phelps at all?

His three races so far have all been New World Records. His 200 freestyle today was over as soon as he hit the water.

As a side tidbit they said when Mark Spitts won his 7 gold he swam the 200 freestyle at 1:52 seconds, Phelps today swam the 200 at 1:41 seconds:eek:

The best race was the relay yesterday, it was unbelievable to watch the anker come back from such a huge margain!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is anyone watching Michael Phelps at all?

His three races so far have all been New World Records. His 200 freestyle today was over as soon as he hit the water.

As a side tidbit they said when Mark Spitts won his 7 gold he swam the 200 freestyle at 1:52 seconds, Phelps today swam the 200 at 1:41 seconds:eek:

The best race was the relay yesterday, it was unbelievable to watch the anker come back from such a huge margain!

Agreed...the relay yesterday was amazing. To come from behind and catch the French swimmer who was the WR holder will go down in time as one of sports' most memorable moments.

As for beating Spitz' time by 11 seconds, a lot of that has to do with the fact that Spitz' was slowed down by his moustache.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
****ing cheater obviously.........

Test him.............:mad:

1st, they are testing him.

2nd, if they do "catch" him for cheating, what does that do for our cheaters?

They are either all cheating, or they all aren't, but I'm pretty damn sure the playing field is even.

Back to Phelps- amazing display. Drugs or not, he is a specimen. On the relay anchor, the French swimmer made a critical error in moving over to the side of the lane after the turn. The US swimmer saw this, and moved over to catch the draft. Of course he was able to slingshot past: for 1/4 of the race, he was able to conserve for a final surge.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must be.

Same w/ Tiger when he won the US Open. One angry golfer, I say.

They are all on PEDs. They're chemists are just better than ours.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st, they are testing him.

2nd, if they do "catch" him for cheating, what does that do for our cheaters?

They are either all cheating, or they all aren't, but I'm pretty damn sure the playing field is even.

Back to Phelps- amazing display. Drugs or not, he is a specimen. On the relay anchor, the French swimmer made a critical error in moving over to the side of the lane after the turn. The US swimmer saw this, and moved over to catch the draft. Of course he was able to slingshot past: for 1/4 of the race, he was able to conserve for a final surge.
He says, like he watches swimming that doesn't start with a cannon ball more than once every 4 years...

The 4th USAmerican guy won that for the US after Phelps had what looked like an average leg and the 3rd dude put them way behind. 4th guy is my favorite swimming guy now. You know, the 4th guys are always the coolest.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One pose is fine but it was like an encore for the audience, posing 4 times to all sides of the arena :rolleyes:

To be fair, I see it elsewhere all the time now: Man U goalscorer running to the corner, arms out pose and some other jackass jumps on his back as well screaming. But I digress...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole "he over-celebrated in an angry rage, therefore must be on roids" thing is tired. Whatever. If I were to win a Gold Medal, I'd whip out my shlong and do the hellicopter on international TV for all to see. Just like that sandwich guy. Probably a few pelvic thrusts. Those guys have no idea how to celebrate. I'd fcuking give them a celebration.

KNVB: the swimming guy on TV pointed it out, and if you have ever played motorboat in the bathtub w/ your kid (not the other kids you play with, sicko), you'd understand a little about basic fluid dynamics. Drafting is a huge advantage in swimming, if you can use it.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJr0M4Fsu34&feature=related]YouTube - Hulk Hogan Tribute (Version 2)[/ame]

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands down Phelps is the best Olympic athlete ever. They guy wins a gold, races later in the day and says he's going to take it easy to conserve energy and just make the final, and destroys the field by 3 seconds. Already has 9 gold in his career, and looks pretty good to add another 5 this Olympics. Too bad he's American, makes it hard to cheer for him.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ok, ok... i am not actually giving them a hard time about the celebrations... you have got to imaging the amount of adrenaline going through their veins at the incredible finish. i was just going off the visual Regs gave on the flex down.

Hell... if I ever actually score a goal on one of those 2 minutes left, down by a goal, keeper comes up to get involved in the corner situations... i would be naked by the time i got to mid field. fcuking hell man... i will show you a celebration.

:wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::knvb::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

the thing i am pointing out is the complete domination... and how all of a sudden the world records are being shattered. something is going on. did someone just invent a new type of stroke. gimme a break. this reeks of doping.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The new suits. The "Laser" by Speedo is apparently that good, worth something crazy like 1/2 a second over 100 meters. This is not a piss take.

There is more to it than just drugs. Everyone is breaking old WRs. Think about it...the Canadian relay team also broke the WR that night, in placing 6th. That's just stupid.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole "he over-celebrated in an angry rage, therefore must be on roids" thing is tired. Whatever. If I were to win a Gold Medal, I'd whip out my shlong and do the hellicopter on international TV for all to see. Just like that sandwich guy. Probably a few pelvic thrusts. Those guys have no idea how to celebrate. I'd fcuking give them a celebration.

KNVB: the swimming guy on TV pointed it out, and if you have ever played motorboat in the bathtub w/ your kid (not the other kids you play with, sicko), you'd understand a little about basic fluid dynamics. Drafting is a huge advantage in swimming, if you can use it.
Stop! You had me a basic fluid dynamics...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But this is serious business.

Think about the advantages of the “Laser” vs. commando.

Say you shave everything on your body, and jump in the pool, you’re doing what you can to reduce drag, right?

But wait, you have manhood getting in the way, causing all that drag. Well, maybe not you, but most men have something in the way, causing a bunch of drag. Even the Chinese have this problem. Essentially, everyone on the planet- but you- has this problem. That being said, the cracks at the lab figure that even though it is in retreat, it must be in the way.

So you put on a tiny little bikini, like that pink banana hammock you wear under your Surrey United kit. You get yourself in the UBC Fluid Dynamics tank, and they figure they have you dialed now…as efficient as you’ll get in the water.

But wait…they find a similarly size porpoise to you. They throw him in the water, and even though he has longer pecker than you, he has less drag.

So, they skin this poor fcuking dolphin, and make you wear his dolphin suit. All of a sudden, you have way less drag.

Next thing you know the folks at Speedo come out w/ the Laser, and WRs are dropping everywhere.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0