Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF England 3-CBeaners 0
New coach for the Beaners and you could tell he doesnt know his squad...at all.
Played his strikers on D and his D on the bench. Loseing he played with 1 striker.
oh and played his 17 yearold son as that striker for most of the game while Diaz and proven Premier strikers sat on the bench??????
Not the time or place to try out that many new things.
Ps England was very good and played well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are fcuking brutal - maybe lay off the pints yourselves and fix the website so I can see what time the games are today!

:mad:

The official scores have been added to the website.

McHleuka should have come by the Beer Garden to get the offical results.

Cheers,
Lean

PS bring the Sunscreen and Off tomorrow!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attached is the schedule for those who need it this morning (and beyond).

Cheers,

Regs.

Attachments

• NationsCupSchedule2009.pdf
    17.1 KB · Views: 249

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some predictions after watching some matches last night.

ireland vs Italy semi (no four leaf clovers this year)
Croatia vs England semi (sulentic and the croatian pro to much for the chokers)

Italy vs Croatia Final

Italy winning by 2. you heard it here first.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet England to win it.

PS, I would be more than willing to set up Bookie Event(s) if the Nations Cup website was fixed.

Sir M.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal 1-1 Ireland

Portugal can go through if we beat First nations by more than 4 or just win if Ireland and Germany tie or Germany beats Ireland.

LETS GO PORTUGAL!!!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wasn't Coisty taking that Peno FFS!?

He played as you might note Gazza switched tops with him following the match.

I was at that game with Beanbaggio and Graham Brown. The bottles lobbed into Trafalgar Square, Tartan Army's HQ, apres game was a real fcukin' treat.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trying to update the website after a couple of pints is not such a great idea.

I have fixed the schedule page and will put the results up from today in the morning. Here are some of the scenerios that will playout tomorrow.

9:00am Canada v Croatia - Croatia has to win to go through, otherwise Canada into one of the semis
9:00am Italy needs a point to move on
10:15 Caribbean needs to put a bundle by Greece and hope England lose to Scotland, if not England will go to the semis
10:15 Masry has spelled it out for Portugal and Ireland

Cheers,
LeanandSunBurnt

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italia 2 India 1

You changing you pick now CS?

India was by far the better team but didn't finish some glorious chances including the empty netter.
Great game though and could very well been the final. The atmosphere was incredible.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal

Looking like a real contender for the title. I thought they outworked, hence outplayed Germany on Friday night. Better than I thought. Will pump 10 or so past Nations. Through to the semis and will play Italy in the final on Sunday night.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a great tournament , i watched 2 games from the middle of the 2 turf fields :eek:ver 30,s scotland v india + open England V Greece .

The scots were just too powerful + quick for the indian team. The right back was powerful defensively +made some good overlapping runs.
The no 20 right side midfielder for the scots was the best player on the field.
The Scots played some good flowing footy + thoroughly deserved their 3-0 win [should have been 6-7].The scots looked better than the open teams.

The England team had a midfielder who was just controlling midfield with some superb passing.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland Under 38s

Dismantled India on Sat - better than the Open team. Morris and Reedy up front is a deadly combination. The D and mid are great. They will be tough to beat. Germany and Scotland final will be a cracker if the Germans make it.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched 2 more games- INDIA v ITALY
The indians missed some clear chances + their turbo charged bald forward was brilliant .
A couple of the italian defenders were pretty slow + India had alot of pressure down Italy,s left side.

There was one big difference between the 2 teams - The huge ginger haired central midfielder for italy [is he really italian cus i,ve never seen a ginger italian]. This player was just so powerful in central mid .He controlled the match with his power.

Croatia v Fiji - The fat fijian goalie made some great saves but Croatia played at a slow tempo + should really have stepped it up a bit .
The no 10 for croatia must be about the best player at this tourny .

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland Under 38s

Dismantled India on Sat - better than the Open team. Morris and Reedy up front is a deadly combination. The D and mid are great. They will be tough to beat. Germany and Scotland final will be a cracker if the Germans make it.

Do you boys have a chance or will it be the I-ties.

Was a great first half for Scotland on saturday, the way we moved the ball around out of the back and down the flanks was great, some nice finish, even reedie with diving header 3rd goal, looked like the old days.

Ireland this morning and a final in the afternoon.

hos

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Portugal through with a 7-1 victory over first nations.

This sets up the first semi-final

Italy Vs. Portugal @ 2:15 Oval.

England through even after a lose this morning

Croatia with a come from behind victory from Canada to seal a spot in the other semi.

England Vs. Croatia @ 2:15pm School Field.

Cheers
JB

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
O 38's Scots .. wasn't for the lack of trying ..Fiji scored three good goal's (Third was a nice Slot Top Corner) and Murr snagged and powered in our one

Big Thanks to RF and Coach for organizing ... Cheer's

good luck to Fiji in the final .. unsure how their Two Red's and Front Runner Injury is going to affect them in the Final againest Canada .. But THAT Quick surface in THAT heat at THAT age and THAT they are a Big Physical Club Like Us ..
That's alot of "Thats" ... THAT should equal things out for Fiji

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open Final

England 5 Portugal 0

Congratulations to Ollie, Milad, Azad and the rest of the English lads..:D

Gilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online