Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Sr. Girls Secondary School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Semiamhoo 0

We played pretty well for most of the game and were able to avoid letting them have anything substantial on goal........one cross was almost knocked into the goal by our keeper....that was as close as they got. We rattled one off the crossbar in the first half from 18 yards out after the keeper got her finger tips to hit. Their keeper was good....and a couple of handy players. We earned a penalty with 15 minutes to go when their keeper barged through a player to try and get the ball. We had the wind in the second hand and they generated nothing over the last 15 minutes other than the one cross which initially was our free-kick. The ref then, apparently taking the piss, changed directions for the call, while our whole back line was coming up to the half way line, where the free-kick was.....once he changed his mind, they played a quick ball to a person out wide, which led directly to the cross. Unbelievable. Now all we can hope for is a Seaquam/Elgin Park tie on Wednesday.....so we can clinch first place and a top 4 seeding. Realistically we will be second place and be seeded 5 - 8.......

Go Devils.

I imagine Elgin pumped Delta today so it will come down to Wednesday's game. Seaquam can claim second with a win and Elgin can claim first with a win as they would beat us in the tie-breaker.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 1-1 draw with a team that hasn't won since I started coaching at Elgin 3 years ago. We were missing 2 of our big 3, and only had 12 players (2 played injured and 1 was a grade 8 call up. Didn't play well and didn't deserve to win. Not much more to say.

At this point we are disappointed we won't win the league, but due to injuries and illness it is out of our hands. 2 games left and we need 3 points to ensure a spot in Valleys, yet all 6 and we clinch 2nd....crazy! Hopefully we are healthy tomorrow and can get 13 or 14 bodies out to play as we'll need it vs. Seaquam. Lets see what the soccer gods have in store tomorrow....

As for me, after tomorrow I will be in Europe on a school trip til the 11th, so best of luck to all in the first round of the Valleys and I hope my girls can turn it around to do as well as everyone expects us to. Good luck to Captain and Poggie as well (but not too much as I think we are overdue for some very soon)...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4life, Delta has some handy players. We were fortunate to beat them 1 - 0 but they do have some pace on the their team. I was surprised at the result but I figured you were missing Jenna........as she would have ripped their backline apart because that was the one noticeable weakness they had.

Have a fun trip and hopefully we don't cross paths until it is necessary.....:)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck Captain. Hope to see you in the Valley Finals as a repeat of last year. It will take some luck and a change in fate over our injury/health situation. But you never know. Thats why we play the games. Best of luck.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 4 - Seaquam 0

Still missing our best players, but pulled out the win. At least we had 13 able bodies!!! Moved the ball fairly well and managed to stifle their lob it over the top and chase after it style. They had some good players on the wings, but otherwise were very susceptible at the back and lacked a little up front. Hope they can do some damage none the less in Valleys.

As for me, off to Europe in the morning and wont be back til Valleys. Hope we are still alive in the mix for Provincials. Best of luck to the rest of you! Do the South proud!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Valley Round 1

South Delta 2 Terry Fox 0

We were mince........:( They had 11 players and had one player get hurt right at half-time so they had to play with the 10 the second half when it was 0 - 0 at the half. We missed a penalty in the first 15 minutes which didn't help but we really struggled in the final third......no composure around goal but that is what is going to happen I suppose with this young team. We now play against Panorama Ridge who will be looking to get us back for beating them in the league. It will be a much tougher game than today.....

I heard Elgin lost 3 - 1 today, which was a bit of an upset but I heard Port Moody is a really tough team too. They now play Charles Best who beat Seaquam 4 - 2. If we can win Thursday........then we will have a much better shot of getting into Provincials as we would need one win in 3 attempts.........A loss on Thursday means 3 straight wins would be required......:( I really don't fancy that route.

Go Devils.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
An upset indeed. I just got back from Europe an hour before kick-off and was able to get to the field just in time. We were missing Jenna and one of our other big 3. Both off at the U20 national camp.

We came out flat and they scored on us in the first minute. After that we dominated the game. Had numerous chances in the first half from 10 yards away and just couldn't finish. Finally tied it up before they got a second just before the half on an error by our keeper. Second half we dominated once again but could not finish. They got one late to seal the deal of another mistake by our keeper.

We were the better team, but they finished on their 3 chances. Good for Port Moody. They are a tough team to play and were deserving of their win. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

On to Seaquam tomorrow. Apparently we will have a full squad and should now for the rest of the tournie. If that's the case, I still like our chances of going on a run and getting to Provincials. But only time will tell....one game at a time.

Go Orcas!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 4 - Seaquam 0

Dominant performance today. Could have been more. Survived without our goalie today and had big efforts from everyone who was there. If only we had that finish Tuesday we'd be in the hunt for the FV title. Oh well...on to the Wack tomorrow to keep our hopes of Provincials alive.

Shocked to hear South Delta lost. Guess now we may cross paths next week if all goes well.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 0 Panorama Ridge 3

score flattered them a bit but they deserved the win. I never make excuses for losing if you deserve to lose. We deserved to lose because we didn't work hard enough and made two crucial errors in the back(one a goalie)in the first half We played well the first 15 minutes and were dictating the play. We had a corner cleared off the line from a header 10 minutes in. Then our first error. We recovered after both errors well and played well the last 15 minutes again but only had one half chance. We struggle to score goals and it showed all day. We started strong in the second half had another cleared off the line on a shot from 10 yards out and continued to play in their half. They were tiring a bit and then our defender put in a great tackle all ball and the ref decided to call a foul fornothing. Their 3rd came directly from this. At this point we played our reserves since we were not going to score today. I'd be lying if I thought we were going to win tomorrow, Monday, and Wednesday, which is what we have to do to qualify. It has been a great eight year run and hopefully the girls learned what it ties to qualify. Passion and pride playing for your school. We have too many players this year who don't. End of story. Good luck to all remaining teams except Sardis tomorrow :D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin Park 6 - Chilliwack 0

More evidence as to why we should be on the other side of the bracket! Oh well.... We came out a bit flat and they had a few chances of two corners. Got a beautiful goal against the flow of play about 10 minutes in and that turned the game for us. We dominated with our passing the rest of the way and should have put up a few more than six.

That said, Chilliwack was a solid team that didn't deserve to go out of the Valley this early. Had we taken care of business against Moody, they would have had a great game today with Seaquam! Oh well...

On to Monday versus.....

Go Orcas!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life.......:) I will be giving you a call about Port Moody. :) We play them on Monday now.....as we squeaked through on penalties today....when I say that, we did play much better today and spent the majority of the game in their half......but couldn't score once on our FIFTEEN corners.......:( They had NO corners.....They had a good goalie and good center back....and a few decent athletes but created nothing all game. We need to beat Port Moody now to give us a shot. We would play the loser of Centennial/Fleetwood if we win on Monday. It looks like the best team in the Valley is as expected.....Elgin Park, with their top players. Fortunately, we would only have to play them IF it was for 3rd and 4th....assuming they pump their next opponent which is Tweedsmuir I believe?

Good luck, Titan4life....and if you want to send me a cheeky PM about Port Moody and any of their players it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain...I messaged you some thoughts on Moody. We should have beat them as we dominated, but just couldn't finish and made a few sloppy mistakes. If you play like you did against us, you should pull it out.

I won't be at our game Monday vs. Tweedsmuir, but almost all our girls should be and I hope they can pull it out. Tweedsmuir beat Terry Fox 8-2, so it will be a test.

I really hope we can win it so I can coach again Wed and Thurs....preferably meeting you guys in the 3/4 game! That would be ideal...

Here's to hoping it happens! Good luck Monday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan, I was hoping for exactly the same thing.......:) I'll have a look at the message now......As for Tweedsmuir, I know nothing of them unfortunately, but I'm guessing Terry Fox were missing SEVERAL players for Fridays game considering the beat Enver Creek 3 - 0 the day before? :confused:

I'm confident you will thump them and I hope to goodness we can pull it out on Monday, at least giving us a final shot on Wednesday....

Good luck, Titan4life, and Elgin Park.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 5 - Tweedsmuir 1

I wasn't at the game but I will give a synopsis of what my assistant passed on to me.

Tweedsmuir played a strong first half and carried a slight majority of the play. They had a 1-0 lead and anything we generated was stopped by a superb keeper. Got one of a corner to tie it up late in the half.

Second half was a different story. We stepped up our intensity and they switched keepers. Got the lead a minute in and didn't look back. They started realizing they weren't going to win after our 4th and we cruised for the last 15.

Glad to see South Delta was victorious. Still hopes of a 3/4th show down with them on Thursday if all goes well on Wednesday. Congrats Captain!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done, Titan4life.......as predicted, you are the top team in the Valley...despite where you finish........

We played one of our better games this year against Port Moody. They didn't have a shot on target......seriously. We scored on a corner in the first half and a free-kick in the second half.....in between there were a couple of crossbars. We just outworked them. End of story.

Unfortunately, we now have to travel to Fleetwood who lost today to Centennial. I would be the HAPPIEST coach alive if we played Elgin on Thursday for 3rd and 4th place.......simply because that would be mean qualification. :D Fleetwood will be another very difficult game for us physically but we managed to do a good job today. Hopefully we can carry the momentum into Wednesday in our quest for NINE..........

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Til the night before our fate is decided. I spent much of today trying to prepare itineraries, etc. for Provincials. Hope we can win tomorrow and clinch a spot so all my efforts aren't for not!

Good luck to the Captain in their game. Hope to see you on Thursday in a mean nothing 3/4 game!!!

Go Orcas...and Sun Devils!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan4life........looks like we both got what we wanted.......we beat Fleetwood 1 - 0......defended the entire second half against the wind.....:D

I am giving you a heads up now.....we will be playing a lot of reserves tomorrow....as 5 girls didn't see the field today......just don't run the score up.......seriously.

Congratulations on qualifying. Your team is truly the class of the Fraser Valley this year though we might earn some points for having a good work ethic........based on today.

NIne in a row.......just tied the NOrth Delta teams from 1994-2002.......for most consecutive provincial berths......absolutely thrilled for the kids.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Captain...

We had a few injuries yesterday and some of our girls have work/club soccer commitments today, so we may only have 9 or 10 bodies. On top of that we are without a keeper. I believe it may be you who has to try not to run up the score.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sandbaggers, the pair of you...

Congrats Captain, but I'm sure larrson somehow has your record beaten. In Calgary. Obviously.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0