Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Sr. Girls Secondary School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Captain...

We had a few injuries yesterday and some of our girls have work/club soccer commitments today, so we may only have 9 or 10 bodies. On top of that we are without a keeper. I believe it may be you who has to try not to run up the score.

Okay, we'll play for a 0 - 0 draw and go to penalties.....for some practice. :) 30 minute halves?

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry we pulled out the unbelievable win. In the long run I think it will be a valuable experience for both teams and we can both use it to our advantage in Victoria. Congrats on a good year and I hope you fair well at Provincials.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry we pulled out the unbelievable win. In the long run I think it will be a valuable experience for both teams and we can both use it to our advantage in Victoria. Congrats on a good year and I hope you fair well at Provincials.

I didn't know whether to laugh or get angry with the girls.......:D In the end, it showed one thing.....we really are a rubbish team when it comes to creativity.....BTW, what happened to our deal? 0 - 0 and go to penalties? :D

BTW, Elgin Park beat us 1 - 0 today.......with EIGHT players......:wa: I'm predicting a Provincial final with Elgin this year.....IF all their players are allowed to play. Jenna scored the goal after beating 8 of our players I think. :)

Good luck, Titan4life, and I hope to hell we don't cross paths in the tournament.......:D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think at the end of the day that game is just out to laugh at. It really didn't matter to either team and if not for some missed opportunities and another 20 minutes you would have won. Also, other than Jenna's one magnificent effort, we would have got our wish and had some practice with penalties.

I appreciate the kind words about our team. I think we are just as good as last year when we have all our people there and on their game. If we can do this in Victoria, I am hoping we can do some real damage. Winning is the goal, but improving on last years disappointing result and finishing top 8 or better yet top 4 will be fantastic.

You guys will do well at Provincials as per usual. Good work ethic will always get you some results. With a few breaks I'm sure there is the potential of us meeting yet again!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan, the draw will be very interesting.......you will likely get ONE really good team.......and the other two shouldn't be a problem. Having said that, your team had a TERRIBLE draw last year as the number one seed and we got a great draw as the two seed......who knows how they will do it this year. I'm pretty sure we won't be in each other's pool as the 3/4....but there is a good chance one of us will be with Argyle or Burnaby Central who are supposed to be really good. McMath is solid again this year and will be a difficult opponent for anyone.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw will definately be interesting. To get there every team has to be good, so I won't be taking any team lightly.

I think the biggest challenges from what I have heard are Argyle and Burnaby Central. McMath should be good, but last year we should have beat them but let them off the hook and lost 3-2.

I'd take McMath or Best as the Top team in our group and then a combination of others. I think that is our ideal situation. Then again after playing in the Valley I think our reg. season competition is the stifest and preps us best for a tournament like Provincials anyway.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titan....you're probably right about the groupings....McMath are very athletic in the midfield and up front but not so much in the back.......As for Best, you will not be in their pool......they will never put the 3 and 1 seed in the same pool. Personally, I want Okanagan #1, Island #1, and Prince George...........just to avoid being in the last 13 - 16 spots in the Province. :D

Parkhead Bhoy

Jun 5, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle has some special attacking players and has the ability to rip apart a defense. That said, their own defense is something of a fire drill and appears to be their weekness.

Central is a big, physical team that plays well together. They don't have any super fast attackers though and that definitely hurts them. They never seem to make mistakes though and let you beat yourself. I would count on all their games being real close and grind them out matches.

The North Shore and Burnaby teams are not as strong as last year. Last year, Burnaby South, Moscrop and Handsworth were all excellent teams and far better than anything in the zone this year but only two could qualify. We know how Handsworth did but South played poorly when it really mattered in the tournament.

Good luck everyone.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome aboard, Parkhead Bhoy. :) Great moniker too. :)

Will you be in Victoria? If so, look forward to meeting you. There will be a lot of close games in the tournament like there usually are. Handsworth was head and shoulders above EVERYONE last year and deserved to win. This year, there are about 5 or 6 legitimate contenders....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch they came second in the Valley though it was a 5 - 0 loss to Charles Best. They aren't supposed to be as strong as the last couple of years but they are always tough, especially for us. :D

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch they came second in the Valley though it was a 5 - 0 loss to Charles Best. They aren't supposed to be as strong as the last couple of years but they are always tough, especially for us. :D

Thanks for the update Cappy... my niece is in 9th grade and made the squad this year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pool A

NS #1 (Argyle)
Island #2 (Ballenas)
Fraser Valley #3 (Elgin Park)
Kootenay (Mt Baker)

Pool B

Van #1 (McMath)
Fraser Valley #2 (Centennial)
Okanagan (Mt Boucherie)
Island #3 (Reynolds)

Pool C

Island #1 (Claremont)
NS #2 (Burnaby Central)
Fraser Valley #4 (South Delta)
North Central (Prince George)

Pool D

FV #1 (Dr. Charles Best)
Vancouver #2 (Point Grey)
Fraser Valley #5 (Fleetwood Park)
Island Host (Stelly’s)

Pools just out......Group B is VERY tough and we are looking like we have a chance for 3rd in the pool, so we'll be playing for 9th - 12th this year. :)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting draw...

Obviously I wish we didn't get Argyle in our group. Would have much rather had McMath as the "top" team in the group.

That being said, if we play well and have all our bodies (which we might not) we can play with anyone. I really wish we had a chance at Handsworth last year. So based on that attitude, bring in Argyle and everyone else.

To be the best you have to beat the best and I hope our girls are up to the challenge.

I am hoping for a top 8 finish as a worst case scenario. Top 5 would be great, and making the final and winning it all would be a great way to end the story for the grade 12's after winning Valleys last year and being 2nd in Valleys as Juniors.

Looking forward to the games....... just wishing the cost wasn't such B*ll Sh*t this year!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I just remembered....

When this team was in Jr. we defeated Argyle in their tournament. A lot can change in that time. Players grow, develop, additions to the roster. That being said, I have an idea of who to look out for and we will be prepared knowing that we can compete with anyone.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding, Titan.......the cost is unbelievable.......we have to charge $155 per player and that is with us getting a bursary for the ferry.......absolute shambles this year in terms of cost. The entry fee is $150 more than ours was last year and the banquet $10 more......:mad:

And they're charging $7 for the t-shirts which are paid for by Subway......we didn't order any for this reason.

Just had a practice with the girls today and it seriously made me ask a question to myself.........How the hell did we make it this year? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just came to me.....the coach of Burnaby Central is a former Whitecaps player and provincial coach. When he looks across the field at his opponents coaches, he will see Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Bert. Should be a lot of fun.

Parkhead Bhoy

Jun 5, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain - No, I won't make it to Victoria. My team seems to be incapable of winning a playoff game so once again we are on the outside. To be honest, we were not expecting much this year, so we are pleased to have had a decent season this year.

The cost seems to be rather prohibitive also, especially with the economy as is.

Burnaby Central is coached by Derek Possee. He played for the Whitecaps, Millwall and a few others.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0