Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 vmsl agm

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right I dont have a youth system only a second team and we are merging with a few lower FVSL clubs to try and improve that...ACBC has only been around for 5 years...PS I know who would or wouldnt survive because I am in that situation...But again I have plans to grow.
Yes I remember Diaz says hes getting paid...LOL...hes only played for 2 years for us though......2 years left on his Contract...No bonus because he shti the bed in Provincials

Sneds

Not Bright
May 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

Don't let these Muppets or Great players turned average at best coaches disrupt or stress you out. I see and hear what your doing out there in the Fraser Valley and i applaud your work. All these guys do is talk and don't produce anything so i guess look at your Clubs Trophy case and smile cause they have nothing on you!!!

PS - But don't compare there playing days Trophy Cases even i don't wanna compare!:confused::D:cool::wa::knvb::bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said as usual, Sneds. You should form a Super Duper League with Calgary, the Island, and Fraser Valley. You could all laugh at the VMSL. You know it is the right thing to do. It would be an indoor circuit for the 7 months of the year there is snow in Calgary. I can see this going places, especially with people like you at the helm. Coach of the Decade material you are.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone else notice in the Province paper this morning that the CSL (Ontario based) managed to get their standings and schedule into the paper? Novel concept. So, we get to read about a league from across the country, yet during our season, NOTHING! Maybe instead of our league president telling us how proud he is of the money we have in the bank, they can spend some of it to promote our league.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe instead of our league president telling us how proud he is of the money we have in the bank, they can spend some of it to promote our league.

Are you saying that spending money to put in weekly scores in the Sun/Province is a smart use of funds:confused:

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, I think you're missing my point. I'm not necessarily meaning the standings or schedule throughout the year, but what I saw in this morning's paper seems to be more exposure than what I've seen in the last 12 months regarding any of the local amateur teams. I was out of town the week before and during the Prov. Cup Finals, so I'm not sure, was there anything in either of our major local papers discussing the VMSL reps (Surrey, Westside O 35, Metro Ford Under-21). If there was, great.

I'm only bringing this up, because with that BCPL proposal, it was stated that the league was supposed to promote the game more and provide more exposure, not necessarily improve quality. So, reading the paper this morning made me wonder why I'm reading about the CSL, if our league bosses are so interested in promoting our local game.

If they want to stay status quo,so be it, but a little exposure of the league once in a while may promote interest in it. It also seems to me, that there is a certain editor at one of the papers that has a strong interest in the game, and there are others involved in the VMSL that have ties to radio stations, etc., so all I'm saying is maybe it wouldn't take too much funds to explore a little exposure.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it has nothing to do with a team merger or the real purpose of the BCPL as you cleary suggest...It has to do with the Success of the season the ACBC players have had. We did very well and not just Chile but many other clubs have made offers to guys on my squad.(Serbia leads the way)

Hey Rich this is the second time that you have accused us (Serbia) of trying to take players and im going to set the record straight. One of your players contacted me during the season and asked me if it would be possible to transfer over to play for Serbia as he wasn't enjoying playing with ACBC and to quote him word for word "promises were not being fulfilled". He even came out to our training session that same day and met our coach. He then said that he would try to get away from ACBC with another teammate and join up with us in a few weeks. He then called back two weeks later and told me that he has to play out the season because he didn't want to make a mutual friend of yours and his look bad if he left halfway through the season. Ghouse, I like what your trying to do with the game of soccer in bc but dont come on here and try to belittle other teams when they are doing nothing wrong. Hope you keep your team intact and have a good run again next year.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse poaching is when teams go after players during a season when they are already signed to a team. G when the season is over it's open. I phone guys once and if they don't call back it's done. I don't beg and hope that guys are honest and say they are not interested. I have never poached during the season. I know your frustrations as I had four of my guys contacted during the season to transfer and during cup play were asked to play for them next season. This will happen and I can't stop guys from coming or going. shite happens and to be honest if the guy is not happy he becomes a cancer in the dressing room and on the field so I would rather they left anyways.

At one time there was pride to put on a club uniform and to go to training and play hard. Too many premadonnas nowadays and if clubs want to cater to that so be it, but those same clubs that do this, can't bitch if other clubs do it to grab those same players that were made promises to.

I too hope that this year there will be more exposure to the province for our league be it through the papers or radio. It certainly was in the 80's. I also hope the executive of the VMSL implement an online registration process.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Rich this is the second time that you have accused us (Serbia) of trying to take players and im going to set the record straight. One of your players contacted me during the season and asked me if it would be possible to transfer over to play for Serbia as he wasn't enjoying playing with ACBC and to quote him word for word "promises were not being fulfilled". He even came out to our training session that same day and met our coach. He then said that he would try to get away from ACBC with another teammate and join up with us in a few weeks. He then called back two weeks later and told me that he has to play out the season because he didn't want to make a mutual friend of yours and his look bad if he left halfway through the season. Ghouse, I like what your trying to do with the game of soccer in bc but dont come on here and try to belittle other teams when they are doing nothing wrong. Hope you keep your team intact and have a good run again next year.

Thats not how it went down....not even close...

Sneds

Not Bright
May 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said as usual, Sneds. You should form a Super Duper League with Calgary, the Island, and Fraser Valley. You could all laugh at the VMSL. You know it is the right thing to do. It would be an indoor circuit for the 7 months of the year there is snow in Calgary. I can see this going places, especially with people like you at the helm. Coach of the Decade material you are.

That's the best you can come up with!!!!!! BRUTAL Captain "Bomber" Shamrock

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
of course not..

moving on. VMSL AGM. No one wanted to step up and take Azzi's job, eh?

It's not that, Azzi was nominated by Geoff Catliff and was re-elected for a three year term. The executive decides who the President is.

This is weird as usually nominees run for a position, but not the way the bylaws are set out in the VMSL. Rick Horvath, Steve Millar, and Tom Duncan all were nominated but were not elected.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats not how it went down....not even close...

Yes, not even close eh, everything that you say is the truth Ghouse... go ask Eric himself of who contacted who... actually I think I may still have the text message on my old phone somewhere... will that make you quiet then?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the best you can come up with!!!!!! BRUTAL Captain "Bomber" Shamrock

WTF? :confused:

Unlucky about the banning.........the site is going to miss your elaborate posts on football and how shitty everything is in Vancouver and how great everything is in Calgary. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, not even close eh, everything that you say is the truth Ghouse... go ask Eric himself of who contacted who... actually I think I may still have the text message on my old phone somewhere... will that make you quiet then?

Certainly worth a post, Star 1. :)

Just type out the text.....seems like the right thing to do.

:bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millar:

I raised exactly the same point a couple of years ago at the same venue. The Guy In Charge will do (or will not do) only what he wants to until such time as he is literally forced to change his approach by being challenged in his position. If this means calling his bluff on something as silly as the substitution rule, then so be it. The solution to getting press coverage is stupidly easy - it's called a press release :rolleyes: - but it's apparently beyond the capacity of The Guy In Charge to fathom or to be able to delegate to another board member... Maybe this really is rocket science.

robj:

A number of other organizations I have been involved in run the same way - the directors are elected at the organizations' AGMs, and the positions they fill determined afterward. Maybe not quite as direct a democracy, but there are precedents.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0