Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ST, Indo, Peg ... none of these fcuking teams would be talked about now without the other 2... except for maybe Peg :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bet Clan is just sitting back rubbing their hands loving the 'under-dog' tag.

No I think not.

East Van/Burnaby Italians are very cocky and cannot stand the fact that they are ever considered inferior to any another.
This just pisses them off - hence it does effect them positively

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ST, Indo, Peg ... none of these fcuking teams would be talked about now without the other 2... except for maybe Peg :D
Whatever. The Indo is all that name needs. Don't ever think they need Peg. If anything, they are winning in spite of Peg.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judging from the starters of their last two games.....I say 6!! Goalie, Left back, Center Back and Sweeper, Right Mid and Forward all have Indian heritage and thus would have to be considered INDO players.

Berg,

Perspective is everything.....you support Sikh Temple for life (why a Division 2 team I don't know?!?!), others support Pegasus (a team that finished last in Divison 2 last year, and now has no longer in existence in the VMSL), while I support INDO (a team that began in Division 3 and eventually got promoted to Premier, won an Imperial Cup, and has since merged with, and acquired various teams/players/coaches that makeup the current team) and is now on the verge of winning a Provincial Cup!!!

I say.............Come on INDO.........Come on INDO

But, it will be difficult on Sunday. I drove by yesterday on my way home, and the field and weekend weather conditions will definitely favour Clan Alumni.....wet, long uncut grass, smaller field with little width will slow down INDO, but in the end I think History will be made.

See you Sunday.

Attachments

• CoolStoryBro.jpg
    CoolStoryBro.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 78

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To Peg and the Clan........congrat's on the final!
Wish I was back there playing in the final.....Quebec should be unreal! I've heard a lot about a club in Montreal....Super Sex! It's a must.

Prediction - tight match....2-1 Peg!

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another prediction: this will be a POORLY attended final.

Rain in the forecast for Sunday and a high of 10 degrees
A crappy field out in the boonies
Canucks opening game of round 3 starts at 4:30pm

Even 1 of those events would put a dent in the crowd let alone 3 :(

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont know about that Grimm, you have the womens final and the mens final back to back this year...that should help.

Sir M

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I drove by the park this evening on my commute home. The yellow fence guys were busy putting up the fences around the field.

The City of Aldergrove has improved the condition of the field from earlier this week. You can tell it has been cut as evident in the mower lines, but I think it should be given another cut with lowered blades.

My main concern will be the sand and aeration that they completed very recently. The field is covered with sand, and pellets from the aeration. Very similar to aerated and punched greens on a golf course. This tactic will prevent any rain from pooling and perhaps closing the field.

Finally, they have re-lined the field as per Reedie's request. It is HUGE!! Maximum length of 130 yards, and 83 yards wide, yes I paced the touchline and sidelines twice. Massive pitch, lots of space has to favour Indo, but the bumpy ground will help Columbus' direct approach. Regardless, should be a good final and good luck to both teams, you have earned it.

Gilly

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another prediction: this will be a POORLY attended final.

Rain in the forecast for Sunday and a high of 10 degrees
A crappy field out in the boonies
Canucks opening game of round 3 starts at 4:30pm

Even 1 of those events would put a dent in the crowd let alone 3 :(

Grimm has hit the nail on the end!

It's unfortunate because I know I would enjoy watching this Final with the clubs that are involved. That said, I can't exactly rely on a safe ride too and from said venue from CS, so in all likely hood I won't be attending :(
Not that he can be blamed, it's a hell of a commute from West Richmond to go watch what will likely be, a great final!:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grimm has hit the nail on the end!

It's unfortunate because I know I would enjoy watching this Final with the clubs that are involved. That said, I can't exactly rely on a safe ride too and from said venue from CS, so in all likely hood I won't be attending :(
Not that he can be blamed, it's a hell of a commute from West Richmond to go watch what will likely be, a great final!:cool:

I'm actually flying out , CIC. The Bhangra Bhoys are picking up the tab. Indo/Sikh Temple for life.

Anyone leaving Steveston to go to Aldergrove tomorrow afternoon? :confused:

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hopefully the pitch will hold up as there will be 5 games being played on it within 24hrs of the final...

prediction: Clan 3 Peg 1

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Gilly's measurements are correct, this field is 8 yards wider and 15 yards longer than Wembley, which was described this morning by FA Cup commentators as being very large by EPL standards.

3-1 Peg

Sir M

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Field is big and seems to be holding up fine.

Of course it's not a great pitch to start with (trust me), but it's not sloppy in the least.

Fitting it's called Kinsman though as it has a large slope to it, just like in North Van (off Lonsdale).

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 Peg with 15 to go.

Hard Ballz

Caught the 2nd half........left as Indo scored on a looping header that the Columbus keeper gaffed on. Can`t by much time left.

Looks like history could be made.

Come on Indo.......5 more minutes..........Come on Indo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0