Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 - 1 Pegasus Final. Well played boys, as Delta just couldn't carry enough of the play. Jags goal was a thing of beauty.....

Jag didn't score...Azad, Sahil and Omari were the scorers but I think you meant the second goal right?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

Where were you tonight? Didn't see you at the field, didn't see you in the changeroom, and didn't see you in the clubhouse. Prit, Sandy, et al (aka uncles and other alumni) were all there but I didn't see you? What happened?

INDO For Life

-Berg

Berg,

I left after Omari's goal, the Fat Lady was starting to sing, and I was wet and cold.......besides I figured the only thing remaining was Woody snapping on Jag.

The environment next week should rival the support at Nations Cup for India, it will be tremendous.

History will be made.............

Gilly

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Reedie, Sandy et al. Have a watch...

YouTube - 2011 San Felipe Stakes GII - Premier Pegasus

Sir M

Our season has been a little bit like a horse race SirM. Laying far back in the pack at the start and then a sprint to the finish, some of which was on a similar sloppy surface. We will see how the race ends next week. Maybe what we will need is a little Italian jockey that is familiar with the inner workings of a racetrack, including beverage and hospitality services.

As for last night, we scored 3 cracking goals. Actually, it was 4 if you include the own goal that that gave them the 1-0 lead. And just to clarify it was Diaz with the first goal after an 8 way passing play that started in our own end. Sahil with the 2nd goal, which was easily the goal of the night (hard to believe that was even possible after the first goal). And then Omari with the insurance goal that started from our goalkeeper and ended up in their net after 5 consecutive passes. All in all, we played one some of our best stuff of the year and obviously we are jacked to be in another cup final.

One other point of clarification is that Woody ended up snapping on Goldy not Jag. The referee really should have used some common sense in that situation and given both players a yellow card. 30 seconds left in the semi final game and he gives them both a red for harmlessly rolling around on the ground together. It should be Woody's last bit of action ever in premier but it forces Goldy to miss the final, which is a bloody shame. Although the referee did a pretty good job up until the final 30 seconds, I was very surprised to see who was given this assignment.

I also have a lot of respect for most of the Delta players. It will be very interesting to see what happens to some of them next year.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg,

I left after Omari's goal, the Fat Lady was starting to sing, and I was wet and cold.......besides I figured the only thing remaining was Woody snapping on Jag.

The environment next week should rival the support at Nations Cup for India, it will be tremendous.

History will be made.............

Gilly

Nice quote doctoring :wa:

You should have come stayed under the tents we had set up, many other Indo uncles did. Great vibe and nobody felt a drop of rain!

Sikh Temple for life

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The referees are being ASSESSED in all of these games therefore he has to go by the book and use RED. I was surprised that he got a Provincial Semi Final as well, spends all season doing AR's in VMSL Premier. Rubin Smilev has been assigned the MENS Provincial Cup Final.

I think a Pegasus vs Columbus (1-0 over UBC) final will be great for local soccer. Should be entertaining.

Pegasus looked terrific last night and not to take anything away from them but DELTA were too slow to match them. Some excellent goals and the highlight was Sahil Sandhu's rocket! No shame in losing to a Pegasus team playing at their best, more entertaining than the Whitecaps for me! VMSL Coach of the Year has to be Mr Reed! Good run for Delta, gotta give credit to the big man he doesn't look outta place even at his tender age. What now for an aging Delta team?:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT was one way traffic at Van Tech today as UBC looked young and inexperienced. Columbus missed a penalty too. UBC hit the bar on a free-kick late in the first half when it was 2 - 0. After watching Columbus today and ICST Peg on FRiday, it should be a good final with a slim edge going to ICST Peg, especially in terms of pace.

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to my buddy "COBRA" Jag, as well as the Columbus boys.... should be a good final.
Island boy not making the trip. All the best.
ex-Gorge 24

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Peg wins, as I would expect them to, they would be an excellent representative for BC soccer.

In a way, this would make Sapperton the best team in BC because Sapp beat them twice handily in the regular season.;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about total dominance...
VMSL is 6-0 vs non-VMSL teams with almost all of them not even contests.

Who said a BCPL was a good idea?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about total dominance...
VMSL is 6-0 vs non-VMSL teams with almost all of them not even contests.

Who said a BCPL was a good idea?

Actually, I believe it was YOU who said the BCPL was a good idea! Thankfully we did band together and get it squashed at the last minute, otherwise this would have been a very very very different season. The VMSL as we know it would have been destroyed and so would the FVSL and the VISL. When I think back about all of this, it is amazing how it almost happened as if no one even cared, or rather no one even knew about all of it...years and years of tradition could have been thrown down the crapper on a whim if it were not for Bombay TV. Make sure everyone attends the upcoming AGM, so we all know what is on the horizon for next year!!!

But enough about the past. Here's hoping for a good final game. It sounds like the FVSL is going to do a bang up job as the host, which is to be expected from Whistle Blower and his colleagues. As for Rubin doing the final, let's hope he goes unnoticed throughout the contest. Apparently he has been adapting well to the vmsl style of late, so that's good to hear. Personally, I was hoping Captain Shamrock got the nod.

:cool:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting, Reedie, how you would respond so adamantly about the BCPL but not the real issue: Sapp destroyed Peg twice in the season - even on your fast turf - I will say you were very very relieved to see Sapp out of the mix this year.:p;)

Prediction:
IndoPeg 3 - Columbus 1

Good luck. It would be great to see Lidder, Sumra, and all the longtime committed management and supporters finally win the elusive cup.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting, Reedie, how you would respond so adamantly about the BCPL but not the real issue: Sapp destroyed Peg twice in the season - even on your fast turf - I will say you were very very relieved to see Sapp out of the mix this year.:p;)

Prediction:
IndoPeg 3 - Columbus 1

Good luck. It would be great to see Lidder, Sumra, and all the longtime committed management and supporters finally win the elusive cup.

Yes we lost twice to Sapperton this year. You also knocked us out of Imperial Cup last year. There was also another exhibition game in 2008 when you beat us...I want to say 4-3. Then another time a newspaper article that was written about our team was bumped by a feel good charity story about Sapperton in the community. But the real salt in the wound was when Cloughie snuck in front of me at Fatburger and took the last order of onion rings (with cheese and gravy).

Yes, you seem to have our number.

Except for the BCPL.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0