Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of easiest provincial cup spot ever... 9 of 12 teams?? Good, yes, lets up the law of averages in the VMSL favor even more. Why bother including the island or ahem, FVSL at all?

no, Im not bitter.

:cool:

Actually it was 9 of 14 teams this year but who's counting?

The results this year have shown once again that the berths should look as follows:

VMSL 9 + 1 from PCSL
FVSL 3
VISL 3
PCSL 0

No preliminary round.

That should help ease the bitterness.

:cool:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lost 1-0. Columbus did anything they wanted to us in the first. We took it to them in the second except for the first five minutes of the second where columbus got a free kick and scored
the guy who took it spun the ball, it was still rolling and the guy passed took it to a guy on a breakaway and he scored. I asked the ref if he the guy who took the free kick had the ball rolling and he said it didn't mater if it was rolling or not. I think it does matter. This ref should hang it up and put his red contacts in and shite the bed on mls linemen and leave wv alone. Twice now red eyes. I wont forget that. As for the lino who calledthe yellow card for one of there subs, you need to give you head a shake. Provincial quarter final and the crew that we got was dirty. Hopefully i can talk to him at the roxy one night. Keep juicing and see you soon.

Good luck to everyone left.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught this game and the Columbus goal was a heads up quick free kick catching the WV back line, or the guy marking the goal scorer, sleeping. Whether it was 'rolling' slightly is sour grapes and you should be pissed at your D-man who let the guy get position and a step on him. He finished well. Unbiased 29 as I don't support either team. Agreed that the ref is poor though.

#6 on Columbus (back right) was a weak link and I thought WV saw and tried to exploit him but maybe not enough as going at him was effective.

Columbus keeper who came in to replace the starter did very well.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly my point. How many times has Richmond won it? Good cross them off the list. Inter? Thanks for coming. Delta? Nope, take them off the list too. Metro Ford in 99'? Is there a 10 year rule we should apply? Perhaps is we only took teams that weren't forced to merge we could cross off another 4 or 5 and make it a clean 6 team VMSL purified tourney.

... on turf :knvb:

I don't get it. Are you comparing each team in the VMSL to the entire fvsl league?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sick of reading the bitterness coming out of FVSL teams about this tourney. I'm absolutely convinced the FVSL runs a better league. Better facilities, better structure, better club system. A better business overall. BUT...the Premier division right now is both a development league for future VMSL teams / players, OR, a retirement league for former VMSL Premier players sick of battling it out in the VMSL.

PAU...tough luck boys, truly a great season, especially given the overall age of the squad. Geat group of guys that'd I'd loved to have seen go through. That said, the deck was stacked against you, and what other hope did the FVSL have? Port Moody, who went out with a whisper, and Poco...by all accounts maybe the most tallented team in the province, and, well...

Point being, the FVSL has as many births as they deserve now, full stop. Agree w/ all the shouts against the PCSL spot, it just doesn't make sense, but we're really talking about two different topics.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too sure why there are so many teams in BC's and am in agreement with the PCSL not having a spot in BC's. If there needed to be one more team in the tournament why not give the league who won it the previous year the extra spot?

Clan vs UBC 2 - 0
Delta vs Peg 1 - 3

These games were scheduled in Victoria but am hoping for your sake that they will allow you to play at home. Any word on that?

Good luck to the remaining teams. Have fun at Nationals!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too sure why there are so many teams in BC's and am in agreement with the PCSL not having a spot in BC's. If there needed to be one more team in the tournament why not give the league who won it the previous year the extra spot?

I like that idea Vike but BC soccer will never go for it. It makes too much sense. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, that's a bit of a thread killer Dude... I was going to get into eliminating VMSL spots and how a semi final spot in the imperial is a bit of a farce as well.

Next year. When I'm bitter again.

:knvb:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn, that's a bit of a thread killer Dude... I was going to get into eliminating VMSL spots and how a semi final spot in the imperial is a bit of a farce as well.

Next year. When I'm bitter again.

:knvb:

Next year? Good God, man, who do you think you are, Steve Millar? Time to retire to Masters...you can practice your sandbagging out on the golf course.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Peg 3 Delta 1 - The younger legs will cause major headaches for Millar's Fogies :cool: Will their mids ever touch the ball:confused:

ClanBus 2 UBC 1 - It'll be a close one but Clan prevails as they seem to be playing really well these days.

I'm praying these games are scheduled here.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st of all I agree with Dude so I'm seeing my Doctor tomorrow but it's fekkin BERTHS!, BERTHS! not BIRTHS ffs!
also.....a proposal is already on the table with BC Soccer to have 16 teams next season in A Cup with the extra spot going to the Winner. (VMSL 6 FVSL 4 VISL 4 PCSL 1 and 1 to Winning League). That would mean if UBC win this year they would have 2 spots next season (Oh oh! I see a stroke/Anurism coming on for the VMSL). For those wondering you cannot STOP a league receiving a spot in Prov Cup 'A' if they have 4 teams and play on 'A' forms. That is how the NEW North Island Masters league received 1 spot in Masters Prov Cup with 4 teams in their league. So the PCSL will always be in if they have a university team ready to use it for pre-season LOL:cool:

Peg Azadis 1-0 Delta OAP's
Columbus 1-0 UBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0