Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DELTA UNITED - PEACE ARCH UNITED 2-1: On Saturday, at South Surrey Athletic Park, yet another VMSL team—Delta United—pulled off what might be considered an upset by defeating the newly-crowned Fraser Valley League champions—Peace Arch United—by a narrow 2-1 margin. The visiting Delta team controlled the play for most of the game, particularly in the first half. Delta United almost took the lead at the 17th minute mark, but Shawn Blakeway’s diving header was deflected out of danger by a Peace Arch defender. A couple of minutes later, Harpreet Khakh’s powerful shot just went wide of the net, with goalkeeper Brian Brum well-beaten. However, at about the 28th minute mark, Delta United finally took the lead when Harp Khakh demonstrated an enormous amount of grit as he battled hard down the right flank, beat a few Peace Arch defenders, and proceeded to pass the ball to a wide-open Mark Gomes who quickly relayed it to Phil Lensky, whose brilliant one-time shot found the back of the Peace Arch net, past a bewildered goalkeeper, Brian Brum. About 10 minutes later, Lensky and Khakh reversed roles as Lensky became the provider as he set up Khakh with a brilliant through ball. Khakh used his speed and tenacity and eventually unleashed an unstoppable shot into the back of the Peace Arch net. Early in the second half, Delta United almost added a third goal when a defensive blunder gave Mark Gomes a golden opportunity, a chance that unfortunately went awry as Gomes’ shot sailed over the net. Late in the game—at about the 80th minute mark—Peace Arch United was awarded a penalty kick as Steve Dormer was allegedly fouled inside the Delta penalty area by Mike Gomes. Veteran goalkeeper Drew Smiley, however, rose to the occasion and pulled off a magnificent save on the ensuing penalty kick—taken by Ryan Horvath. Unfortunately for Smiley—and the entire Delta clan—Scott Barling picked up the rebound and slotted the ball home for Peace Arch’s lone goal. Delta’s midfielders—Brian Gebbie, Phil Lensky, and Mark Gomes—played extremely well throughout the contest, while forward Harpreet Khakh was a going concern throughout the match. Delta United’s victory advances the VMSL team to the quarter-finals against the Metro-Ford Wolves.
Not that I'm bitter, but what a complete and utter bullshit write up from top to bottom.

A few notables... We had the possestion not Delta. The first goal Harp may have beat 1 defender in a foot race crossed it to gomes, (I guess it was him), who laid it off and the shot went through traffic. Second goal: Phil crossed to Harp who shin shanked it off a defender from 15 yards, then it hit the post then back off our defended who calmly slotted it into the back of his own net. Brum was bewildered though. We all were. Harps shot that had Brum well beaten was for good reason... it was 10 yards wide of the goal. Blakeways "diving header" was a squared ball that was played with his left peg and was blocked. Unreal.

I guess PAU didn't have any shots or chances.

Last and how do I say it nice, but how can he possibly say Gebbie and Gomes played extremely well? The ball was never passed to them.Once.Ping pong nets have more possession than they did. Phil was good, Harp worked hard and Millar, Fowler, Woody and JB cleaned up.

Load of shite that is, FFS.

....not that i'm bitter

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I'm bitter, but what a complete and utter bullshit write up from top to bottom.

A few notables... We had the possestion not Delta. The first goal Harp may have beat 1 defender in a foot race crossed it to gomes, (I guess it was him), who laid it off and the shot went through traffic. Second goal: Phil crossed to Harp who shin shanked it off a defender from 15 yards, then it hit the post then back off our defended who calmly slotted it into the back of his own net. Brum was bewildered though. We all were. Harps shot that had Brum well beaten was for good reason... it was 10 yards wide of the goal. Blakeways "diving header" was a squared ball that was played with his left peg and was blocked. Unreal.

I guess PAU didn't have any shots or chances.

Last and how do I say it nice, but how can he possibly say Gebbie and Gomes played extremely well? The ball was never passed to them.Once.Ping pong nets have more possession than they did. Phil was good, Harp worked hard and Millar, Fowler, Woody and JB cleaned up.

Load of shite that is, FFS.

....not that i'm bitter

KNVB,

You do realise you pulled that off the VMSL site right? What did you expect? Just sayin'.... :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw RobJ Saturday night for poker after your game. He did speak of diving headers and well taken chances on well beaten keepers. He also spoke of Delta's desire to win the whole shebang being a once-in-a-life-time opportunity.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last and how do I say it nice, but how can he possibly say Gebbie and Gomes played extremely well? The ball was never passed to them.Once.Ping pong nets have more possession than they did.....not that i'm bitter

Come on KNVB, the write up says that Gebbs and I played extremely well, it makes no mention of ever receiving a pass. I thought we did an "extremely" good job of plugging the middle and running back and forth as the ball sailed over our heads.:knvb:

Btw, it was my brother that set Phil up for his goal. So, maybe in hindsight I only played "well".:confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to give you that one mate. :) Let me correct myself for the recored then. You and Gebbs were easily the best two mid-field players doing doggies in the middle of the park while never receiving a pass from your back line.

Dare I say rather than extremely, you did it, superlatively well?

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to give you that one mate. :) Let me correct myself for the recored then. You and Gebbs were easily the best two mid-field players doing doggies in the middle of the park while never receiving a pass from your back line.

Dare I say rather than extremely, you did it, superlatively well?

That's excellent, thanks:knvb:.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Quarter Final games are:

ICSTACBC Pegasus (VMSL) vs Punjab Hurricanes (VMSL)

Delta United (VMSL) vs Metro Ford (VMSL)

Columbus FC (VMSL) vs West Van FC (VMSL)

Gorge FC (VISL) vs Vancouver T-Birds (PCL)

The question is where are:

Packenham Cup Champions, PACIFIC CUP Champs, President Cup Champs

...ohhh wait a second ....

they are belong the the FVSL.

:D :D:D :bronco: :wa::knvb:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're wondering where the FVSL Div 1,2,3 cup champion is? Really? Where is the VMSL div 2 section E league champions in this? Right...

PS.

Pacific cup was technically won by Gorge and they're still in it. :p

Rinzler

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Quarter Final games are:

ICSTACBC Pegasus (VMSL) vs Punjab Hurricanes (VMSL)

Delta United (VMSL) vs Metro Ford (VMSL)

Columbus FC (VMSL) vs West Van FC (VMSL)

Gorge FC (VISL) vs Vancouver T-Birds (PCL)

The question is where are:

Packenham Cup Champions, PACIFIC CUP Champs, President Cup Champs

...ohhh wait a second ....

they are belong the the FVSL.

:D :D:D :bronco: :wa::knvb:

Presidents Cup winners, GEU Inter from FVSL, are still in the Provincial B Cup. Pacific Cup winners, Gorge FC from VISL, are still in the Provincial A Cup. And the Pak Cup winners are eliminated. Get it straight dipsiht.
The fact that you mention ACBC in with Pegusus says a lot, and Punjab Hurricanes is relegated.
Fcuk off VMSL your going down. :bronco::knvb::wa:

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus 3 vs Hurricanes 1

Delta 1 vs Metro Ford 2

Columbus FC 2 vs West Van FC 3 (PKs)

Gorge FC 2 vs Vancouver T-Birds 1

There we go..........get er going piss-takers!!

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
-MOTW Columbus 0 West Van 1 after PKs (2 Italian coaches = 0-0 draw...with the shorter Italian coach having red wine all over his shirt before the 5th minute)

-Delta 1 Metro Ford 2 ("Miller vs Ollie XICMCCII"...if there was an Internet, someone could have posted this same legendary vmsl matchup 20 some odd years ago)

-Gorge 1 UBC 0 (game refereed fairly by a UVIC graduate, who also happens to sit on the Gorge FC Board of Directors)

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 - Hurricanes 0
WV 1 - Columbus 0 ( Hopefully not in pk's)
Delta 1 - MF 2 (Extra time)
Gorge 1 - UBC 0

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS... Van Tech 1pm on Sunday. Enjoy. Maybe it won't rain when you're changing or having your pre game chat. :rolleyes:

Every game is on Turf unless Delta can find a pitch. Can no one find a grass pitch anymore?

ICST Pegasus VMSL Punjab Hurricanes VMSL Newton TURF #1 Fri 8pm
Delta Utd VMSL Coqu MF Wolves VMSL TBA
Columbus FC VMSL West Van FC VMSL Van Tech TURF Sun 1pm
Gorge FC VISL Vanc Thunderbirds PCSL Hampton TURF Sat 2pm

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS... Van Tech 1pm on Sunday. Enjoy. Maybe it won't rain when you're changing or having your pre game chat. :rolleyes:

Every game is on Turf unless Delta can find a pitch. Can no one find a grass pitch anymore?

ICST Pegasus VMSL Punjab Hurricanes VMSL Newton TURF #1 Fri 8pm
Delta Utd VMSL Coqu MF Wolves VMSL TBA
Columbus FC VMSL West Van FC VMSL Van Tech TURF Sun 1pm
Gorge FC VISL Vanc Thunderbirds PCSL Hampton TURF Sat 2pm

You sound as though you are still bitter.

The problem is not finding a grass field at this time. The issue is that 95% of the games all season are played on turf. Therefore, why would any team change the surface they are accustomed to when the most important games roll around?

The solution is to find the grass fields during the season and only use turf as an alternate. Will this happen? Not in the vmsl. However, I can see the FVSL moving to this structure, as they are a forward thinking operation. They have dressing rooms for every game. They have very pretty and coordinated game balls. They have elaborate awards dinners that put the Royal Wedding to shame. Heck, they even have online registrations (that reminds me the flock of homing pigeons is coming by later today to pick up our 2011/2012 VMSL registration forms).

Now if we could get one, just one, any one of the FVSL teams past the first round of prov cup everything would be complete.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0