Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass fields are closed for baseball in WV, Kinsman is being used by the North Shore summer leagues. Unfortunately, because WV is not a North Van based team, we must rely on the kindness of North Van parks, and this late in the year, there are too many commitments for them.

Enjoy the summer Bob.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTEAnd Sportsmens league in NV][/QUOTE]

Come on Sir M, I'm sure if you had talked to the President of this league(Sportsman) he would have helped you. Or is he upset cause you guys aren't playing in it this summer??

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
HA!HA! To call it turf is laughable. At least it's not their real starting time: 7:00 pm on Fridays. Try to make that time and have a decent warm up. Most teams start with 7 players - hopefully SD will have a full squad to start.
I never thought I would see WV afraid to play South Delta.
SirM, play it on grass so we can see an actual game of soccer.

Sapp learned long ago that soccer was meant to play on grass.

WAB are you offering Queen's park???

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm out. That sounds like the no fun / sandbagger / rat foursome to me. I'd rather be working.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking back on the game,West van had about 70% possession,played the passing game,wher the Castilians played the direct game as they always do.New Castilians coach Rob did a great job but in the end West Van were way deeper on the bench and to be honest have a lot of quality players including ex pros.Possession wise they deserved to win but as their Gibby told me after the game we had more chances.

VIDEO: West Vancouver FC vs. Port Coquitlam Castilians in 2011 BC Masters Soccer Cup Quarter Final

Maybe we won't be ranked #1 next year :) and try to do a little better,we need alot more depth to be a genuine contender,right now all we can say is we are in the top 8 in the Province.

Good luck to all semi finalists,nice to see 2 FVSL teams in the mix.

Last post,see you next season.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you watch this video, you will notice that the Poco keeper slapped or punched pretty much most things that came his way, while Planks caught and smothered everything. This happened on the winning goal unfortunately. It was a good game and an interesting clash of styles.

Sir M

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you watch this video, you will notice that the Poco keeper slapped or punched pretty much most things that came his way, while Planks caught and smothered everything. This happened on the winning goal unfortunately. It was a good game and an interesting clash of styles.

Sir M

Our keeper is not typically a puncher. Decisions are made at that time and he obviously felt that was the right decision for each play. On the other hand, i can't recall anything coming at the net that our keeper didn't have to jump for and fully extend. Better to punch it away than have it slip through your fingers and drop in the box.

Was there a single diving save he had to make? Either keeper for that matter?
I recall Nico having 1 real attempt at a shot but didn't hit the net, the rest were just crosses. We got a couple shots i guess, unfortunatley one hit the cross bar and the other hit the keeper in the chest.

As for who hit the bar Regs, Sumo is still having nightmares i'm sure. :)
And i dont think he hit the bar from fouling Nico all day, i believe Nico got fouled all day because that player hit the bar. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just had a look at the video. It appears the goal was intended to be caught, and slipped through our keepers hands and dropped to Danny's feet. Maybe he should have punched it too? Oh well.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for who hit the bar Regs, Sumo is still having nightmares i'm sure. :)
And i dont think he hit the bar from fouling Nico all day, i believe Nico got fouled all day because that player hit the bar. ;)

Never thought of it that way, but you could be right on that one Yoda. Rich was clearly pissed at Nico about something. Anyway, on to this week does South Delta wear white?

Sir M

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whomever hit the bar for the Castilions in the first half should be cut.
should be hanged
i took another look at the cross that made the goal,where the fuk where the gray bros, or Yoda!a ball comes in to the box like that ,tell me watchboy !what the fuk should your def have done?

the keeper done his job,coming off his line but why didnt one of the 5 guys in the box pick Danny up?

suspect in my eyes
anyways 3 of those 5 in the box are gonzo from that team next year,,,trust me!!

sid

fireball17

Jul 8, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
should be hanged
i took another look at the cross that made the goal,where the fuk where the gray bros, or Yoda!a ball comes in to the box like that ,tell me watchboy !what the fuk should your def have done?

the keeper done his job,coming off his line but why didnt one of the 5 guys in the box pick Danny up?

suspect in my eyes
anyways 3 of those 5 in the box are gonzo from that team next year,,,trust me!!

sid

I'm sure Sapp will be more than happy to pick them up...after all PoCo did so much better than Sapp in the BC's...they will be looking for help next year as all league games aren't played on grass....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta beating West Van would be 10 times the upset that was West Van over Poco.

Not going to happen.

Dragons & PCOV will go to PKs.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could be right, I too think South Delta are in tough, but they could do it. They are not easy to play against BUT woeful over from home turf.
I'll take the Dragons over PCOV - the Dragons are rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0