Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Nations Cup

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Ireland especially my friends Sixfyv and Guinness.
It never gets old does it lads? ;)

The final was great and so was the semi I watched a bit of between India and England.
Agreed, #19 from India is a quality player.

Thanks so much to the tourney organizers who outdid themeslevs again.
The weather may have been a bit grey but the BG was on fire at all times and other little things like the live tele on the Womens WC and the Copa on the big screen truck was fanatastic for the people too.
I also had a special affinity for the samosa salesman making his way from time to time into the BG for refuelling everyone's blood sugar..:eek:

And yes, Niall Thompson - You're a funny bloke is right. :D

Cheers,
ScotlandO-38sforever

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thankyou very much to the the organizers, Ginger tours, Lean, Willy, Wally.
Thanks for all your hard work..
Cheers,
Deucy

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the Ireland boys on a huge win. Well deserved. Even to 6-5. And McCaulley, what a stud. Better watch out or Poco Fc might come calling. Great weekend once again. See you all next year.

ps: who got best keeper? Wasn't me but just wondering. I saw Darius from Iran make some big saves against Ireland. And Canada's goalie played huge in one game i watched.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice job by the tournament organizers. Lots of fun, both on the pitch and in the beer garden.
Good to see the First Nations over 45 team have a decent showing, beating Fiji (2-0) and Poland( 6-0) and losing a tight game against eventual champs Scotland (3-1).
Great to bump into old friends, both literally and figuratively, throughout the weekend.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank goodness that is over:eek: I didn't play a game and still woke up in the middle of the night with a hamstring cramp.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the tournament again this year, despite mother nature messing around with us. It was amazing to see how many people watched, participated and cheered along throughout the rainy weekend.

Ireland came away as the big winners this year, winning the Men's and Women's Open as well as the Over 30's. Congrats to Steve McCaulley for an amazing tournament. No one has ever won the Golden Boot and Top Defender let alone done it in the same year.

Scotland came away with the Over 38's and Over 45's titles, might be some guys from the dominating run in the 80's on these teams. The final results will be up on the website hopefully tonight but tomorrow at the latest.

Plans are in the works for next year already so mark your calendars down for July 20 - 22, 2012 for the 33rd Nations Cup Tournament. Now I am off to find a Korean BBQ and that Samosa fella, I am going through withdraw;)

Lean

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, because I'm late on the ball, Congrats FRASER ROSS on your win in the O'38 division! And, to Kenny Cormac, Chuck, & Kenny.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In future it would be good to say that Ireland is NOT part of the 'British Isles'. It is not part of the United Kingdom either. Just for future reference in the local paper.

Otherwise a great tournament though it would be good to talk a little bit more about the other 4 divisions which have tournaments too............

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In future it would be good to say that Ireland is NOT part of the 'British Isles'. It is not part of the United Kingdom either. Just for future reference in the local paper.

Otherwise a great tournament though it would be good to talk a little bit more about the other 4 divisions which have tournaments too............
Not to start a shitstorm (I mean that with all honesty Captain) how many guys aside from Guinness are Northern Irish of the "Ireland" side? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the team was called Ireland, not Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to start a shitstorm (I mean that with all honesty Captain) how many guys aside from Guinness are Northern Irish of the "Ireland" side? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the team was called Ireland, not Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.

The only thing missing from this thread now is Bucky. FFS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, JBN, it is Ireland, which is not part of the British Isles.

Yes, Sir M, I am serious.

As for Buckfast, why would he care? He is Croatian/Scottish.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0