Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Western Canadian Men's Masters/Women's Classics Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully all competitors and fans alike will be smart when getting home from the beer gardens...the free limo rides lined up Sir M?
Good luck to all BC teams.

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Todays results are as follows:

Mens:

BC defeated Saskatchewan 4-1
Alberta defeated Manitoba 4-0

Womens:

BC tied Alberta 0-0
Ontario beat Quebec 1-0

So that sets up a few interesting matches for the title tomorrow:

In men's it is West Van (BC) vs Calgary (AB) and the winner takes it, both teams are 2-0. That game goes at Ambleside D turf at 1130 AM.

In women's it is a bit more complicated.

Calgary plays Quebec at 930 on Ambleside B.
BC plays Ontario at 1130 on Ambleside B.

Calgary and BC (Semiahmoo) are tied on points at a win and a tie, so this could be up in the air, but BC currently sits in first place. Full on beer garden, Rock 101 etc tomorrow at Ambleside starting at 1100.

Sir M

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done West Van lads - so if the match ends in a tie today verse the Callies - what happens? I see AB would have a one goal advantage if it comes down to GD.

Best of luck to both teams!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard that WV took it 1-0. Shane Carphin with they winner off a header early. WV got a red in the 70th but hung on. Huge win. Well done boys.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was actually Billy Shokar who got the goal off another in a series of quality corners from Brian Gibson who in my book was MVP. The ref (who usually linos in BCs) gave Notty a straight red on his first foul of the game for a clumsy tackle 40 yards out with no intent out on the flank with 20 to go in the game, but the back 8 shut them down except for one very good chance that Planks saved with 5 to go, and the 10 man WV side actually had a couple of quality chance on the break down the stretch. This game was the first time we have had the opportunity of having our top back four together since pre BCs and they were very tough for the Callies to deal with. Spada did a fantastic job with his tactics, especially once we were down to ten.

PS Callies are a good side, probably one of top 3 or 4 sides we have played over the last year, and are a classy bunch.

Sir M

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about the mis info on the goal scorer. I think my source may have been in the beer garden. Congrats again.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to WV on bringing the gold back to BC. I have to add Sir M also deserves a lot of credit in getting this tournament to happen. I'm not sure if Alberta who won the womens side is Western Champs or considered National champs as in the womens division, there was a rep from Ontario and Quebec.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Conductor good for you for bringing this up. The BC ladies (Semiahmoo) finished the tournament with 2 wins and a tie as did Calgary (they tied 0-0 yesterday) but BC lost on goal differential which is a really tough way to finish second. The Semiahmoo girls were also a huge help in organizing etc.

In women's it finished Alberta 1st, BC 2nd, Ontario 3rd, and PQ 4th. I believe that is Nationals for the women's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0