Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bye-bye Poco, 2 VMSL teams in the final.

Two VMSL teams in the finals. I guess things don t change around here :)

PS: If i were POCO i would put in a protest, the three guys in the middle for westside are on performance enhancing drugs. The guy who sold it to them plays for columbus.

Congratulations to Westside and Westvan. Should be a good game!!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside carried the play early and Poco looked dangerous on the counters. Both teams had their chances to take the lead with Poco hitting the crossbar in the 1st half. 0-0 at half. Clarke had a yellow from a tackle earlier and received a 2nd yellow with 20-25 to go (might have been for yapping but could be wrong). Westside scored on a header in the 3 minutes after the red to get the go ahead goal. Poco carried the play from there but couldn't get the equalizer. I thought Westside contained the middle pretty well and kept Heald in check. Well played game by both teams and well reffed.

Good luck to Westside and West Van!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the second yellow was for yapping, which was a mistake by the Poco player as the official was being evaluated and looking to make an impression. Fair result based on the play though, Westside at the end of the day had more composure. Well done to both sides, nice finish on the Westside goal, and Poco not being able to finish their chances was the difference in this one.

Sir M

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't want to be seeing jtl for a session tomorrow morning
Walk in with a left limp
Leave with a right limp

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is a referee being evaluate in a semi final cup game that is garbage!
Typical BC soccer that shouldn't happen!!!
Unlucky poco

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey sir m,
i guess your choices on who was better at each positions were wrong,. goalie , defence, and forwards you got that correct. but WESTSIDE in the midfield did a great job shutting down poco 2 center mids and the coaching went to westside, they went to their bench and what coaching did poco do ,they might have made one sub and that doesnt include the player that came on to bring the water bottle to the poco player that went down in the second half after a tackle.lol
i told everyone, when poco is in a tight game they never go to their bench unlike the vmsl teams that go to theirs, we have faith in our teammates ,(vmsl teams) thats why they are on the team ,not to ride the pine.
but to poco good game ,some good chance in the 1st half ,2 off the bar and when clarke got the 2nd yellow westside took advantage of it asap .
so that means he is out for next yrs 1st round game ..maybe time to make a change at coach for poco or get new players, you guys dominate the fvsl but never get to the finals when you go up against a good vmsl team...you guys cant get the job done when the chips are on the table. but you do have a good team . my opinon thats all.
NO HARD FEELINGS THEY ARE JUST WORDS AND I NEVER MEANT ANY DISRESPECT TO ANYONE ON THE POCO TEAM, JUST GOOD BANTER THATS ALL
and to westside and west van the last two bc champs good luck in the finals to both teams. and member if memory serves me correct thats actually 3 vmsl teams that won the bc in the last 3 yrs...

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
when you go up against a good vmsl team...you guys cant get the job done

That was the first good VMSL team we faced so I suppose you are right.

It was a good game, clearly not a lot of difference between the teams. Good luck to both teams in the finals.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will have to check, but I think VMSL teams have won the BCs in this division from 2009 on. I noticed over at Hampton yesterday that one of the UVic guys had "2008 BC Champs" logo'd on the side of their kit bag, so I figure UVic won in 2008...unless it was an Open team kit bag from Gorge or something...and I think the old Rangers from the FVSL won a couple of titles before that in the mid 2000s...maybe in 2006 and 2007? M.

RF or Coach would know about the latter I am sure.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Westside - we knew we were in for a battle today. And congratulations to Sir M and West Van for making the final again. Good luck to two class sides in the final. And Johnny Canuck - Poco's manager is one of the best around and he's got a job for life with us. He's been outstanding and has been an inspiration to us all year. Thank you RS.

Cheers

JTL

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2005 and 2007 MBE.
UVic beat us in the 2008 final.

Unlucky PoCo - Great season boys.
And well done to Gary Bryan and the UVic guys - Always in the mix.

Best of luck to West Van and Westside which will be a dynamite final I'm sure.

Cheers,
RF

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fanta, there was an FVSL and a VMSL team in the final last year.

Just so you know.

Sir M.

2010 Delta vs Westside: 2-1 Westside in Overtime - still gutted
2011 Peace Arch Dragopns vs some team named WVFC :rolleyes: 1-0 WV in PK's

The provincial cup has been represented well by the FVSL teams over the past few years (and of course prior to that by RF and the gang but that's WAAAAAAAAYYYYY before my time). Too bad Poco couldn't have made it 3 for 3....

Good luck to Westside and WVFC - gonna be a cracker match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0