Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The starting line-up wasn't our best. Why he didn't have YP Lee in and NRC running the middle is beyond me. As good as Leveron has been at CB, he was absolutely lost in midfield. W/ NRC anchored at RB, we had zero push. I know exactly what you are saying about YP, Regs, but having him there w/ NRC in his spot MUST be the better option. Clearly?

Jesus, there were several better line-ups he could have put out there...

Question: what has hapenned to Omar Salgado? Last I heard was this: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/0...algado-undergoes-third-surgery-on-right-foot/

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course that would have been the better option... I was speaking more in general at the state of the backline *overall*, not this one particular game.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The starting line up was diabolical.
Rennie hasn't got a clue.
How about playing your best team for all of the games?
Stop tinkering with stupid ideas and putting square pegs into round holes.
You wouldn't get away with that in Youth Soccer.
Rennie is clearly out of his depth and I am surprised that it has taken this long to find out.
The media have been Rah Rah since he came in and everything was rosy, when in fact it is not.
Now they are seeing the real Rennie and starting to report the truth.
He has to be on his way out. Hence his attack on his players.
He has changed his ways now and everything is not great, but instead of taking the blame for his amateur coaching, he is now blaming everyone else.
The writing is on the wall.

BTW, who is Omar?
If you think that he is going to be the saviour, forget it, he is made of glass.
How can you even mention him?
Half of the city have no idea who he is.
Demerit will be gone at the end of the season, another failure, tough injury hasn't helped, but he's not "done it".
Rennie's signing of Track Sprinters has backfired.
Mattock's promise of a 20 goal season hasn't happened, SURPRISE.
Let's be honest here. Rennie has made some bad signings and now it's showing.
If you look at the squad, there are too many players on the wrong side of age 30.
No young players coming through.
The future does not look bright for the Whitecaps.
They will have to cut their losses and get a real coach and not an imposter.
Then, they will need time to re-build and clear out all of the bad signings that Rennie has made.

TFC #2?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all starts at the top, bobbyduzzi needs to go as well. He's done as much for the Whitecaps as Canada (mens) has done at the world cup. This club needs a full restructuring, real coaches, with real experience. Maybe our owners just don't have the funds to bring in the talent needed. I can only imagine the players NYCFC will bring in with the man city owners. Speed isn't everything, bring players in with actual talent and smarts. Find a system and stick with it. Its not rocket science. Oh and bring back Hassli at a cheaper price, always liked him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Jigsaw, I mention it because he is an asset. Sort of the way the papers saw it this morning. Besides, at 19, still room to grow a bunch yet. I wouldn't give up on him.

That being said, everything else you posted...spot on.

Last edited:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the Sounders vs RSL right now and can't believe how much higher the standard is compared to the pish we've been served here this summer :(

Sounders about to go top of the table and this is with Dempsey and Johnson sitting on the bench

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are so right when you say what level Seattle comes to play. Caps have few kids with that pace but coach will not use them.
Club is playing like a bunch of guys that look forward to penchens.
One thing, if that coach does not make playoffs be be back to NASL. Players must be turned loose to come and play full out. This city needs better. Just think if they were winning like Seattle BC place would be full to the top. We could buy top notch players. Just small thing that can be changed. I think is must be the spell chek problem with this city.
Some day it will taker care of it`s self. Few from Surrey HPL program might get a chance soon.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van vs Sj

SJ goes down easier than the first beer after a match.
Mitchell had a great outing and really stood out,as did Demerit and Ousted.
Coker is and absolute work horse and the midfield engine but shoots like an 8 year old.
Davidson makes awful look promising
Rennie has to have photos of Steve Nash with goats
Mattocks is a one trick phony
And we still couldn't even score vs Turkistan FC
But I had fun.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade with out Demerit St Jose would have won that game. Demerit blocked and headed few very dangrous balls. Mattocks came in way late, in72 or 75 minute would have helped Caps. I still think Hurtado and Mottecks as a pair or the other youngster. Would have pushed St Jose way more back. Soccer goods gave us 1 point. Could have been better could have been worse. Watson and Dasovic have done a woderfull job with that team. To top it all both Canadian coaches. Watson will keap his job the way his side picked it up.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggest game of a year is next. We win we make the play offs we lose chanmces drop tons. Till know coach was a leader now it will take every guy in the rum to step up. On top of it here is a chance for Mottocks or African kid to shine and showcase.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pedestrian, lethargic, shite.

Make some fcuking changes Rennie, your job is on the line :mad:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs what was the score. I head one of those games today.Keeper comes to game and tells us he can not play his legs hut from running in a practice drills. Team choked and got kicked in the ars. We had to use a player in tent. Regs Rennie is told what to do till he has free hands things will not change. Rennie will leave te team as soon as season is done. He is very smart guy. But you are as good as your players are. Some just don't give a frack. I have one of those on my team.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop no rum for this guy. I told you long time ago, just beer. With your friend Rennie and the way my team played their last game could drive a guy drinking. Caps new they head to stand on their heads agaist the the team like today. That's a dam good team with skil and pace. Rennie knows that he has kids. Kids just can not bring it against top teams. Managment has to buy a guy or two that can change the game. It's not Rennie. He is trying to stay in the game as long as he can. It takes one of those horses that can score a goal. Miller is not the guy, Mattocks is not tyhe guy. African kid with lots of playing time could. O well what about acadamy kids. Delrimple and Ontario side kick work hard but no kid gets a chance. Suart will go nuts soon if one of the kids does not get a chance.
You should see youth and ringers teams bring in it's even worse that Caps camp. Team is close. They have four games left. Two wins cold change lots. You will see Miller as a coach next year. Mark my word. Rennie is trying hard. All it takes is bit of luck.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I...stop....feel....stop....like.....stop.....i....stop...just....stop....read....stop....a....stop....friggin....stop....SOS...stop....from....stop....the....stop....Titanic...stop....holy....stop....crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0