Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado has no clue. Ball control - zero. Only speed and nothing else. Whitecaps have to stop drafting speedsters whose ball control is at 11-year old kid level. Hell, I know quite a few 11-year olds who have better ball control than Hurtado.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado has no clue. Ball control - zero. Only speed and nothing else. Whitecaps have to stop drafting speedsters whose ball control is at 11-year old kid level. Hell, I know quite a few 11-year olds who have better ball control than Hurtado.

Don't blame the kid... Rennie built this track team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, didn't see that one coming, nice goal Caps!

On a tangent note, looks like Carlo has been enjoying some home Italian cooking :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Ousted just getting scorched on nice finishes. Time for Rennie to go, you had a chance,you did ok, but go past go, collect $200 and Brian Burke will drive you to the airport. Bon Voyage

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't hear the post-game interview. How many "positives" did Rennie take from the match.

#RennieOut

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Oustad nothing!! Knighton has 1 bad game and hes out, Oustad loses 5 or 6 of 7 and hes still in WTF!!!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...um yeah, because it's always the keeper's fault, and never has anything to do with the lame-asses in front of him.:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The line up changes were... curious.

WTF was Oustad supposed to do on any of those goals last night?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't hear the post-game interview. How many "positives" did Rennie take from the match.

#RennieOut

And here we are...

“I don’t think it was a poor performance. I think it was a good performance. That’s something we can bounce back from.”

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's face it Rennie has never been good enough to coach at this level.
He has limited or no experience.
If I remember correctly, it was a coup to sign him and steal him from Montreal, who were talking to him.
It has backfired. They have signed a young coach that has no experience and felt great about it, since the "got one over" on Montreal.
Who's laughing now?
When are the front office going to realize that they need a leader with experience and knowledge of the game at this level?

How can you play Reo Coker at right back and bring on Y.P. Lee in midfield?
It is amateur to say the least.
He has had a supporter giving a motivational speech to the team before a game in Toronto, what must the players think?
He is searching for "the secret" in getting success by doing stupid things like Rah Rah before games and tricks that might work in youth soccer.
How about coaching the game?
Have some "patterns of play".
Get some shape to the team.
Don't play "not to lose" on the road.
Make subs that will make a difference.
Pressure the opponents. Get closer and really pressure, not from 10 yds. away.
Get the players to run in games and stop walking.
Stop recruiting sprinters and get some players who can actually play.
Don't sign players who only want to play in so many games. Y.P. Lee.
Sign some Canadians, or give them a chance at least.
When are we going to see some players come through the Residency Program? It's been running a long time now, with no results.
Is it time to ask questions about who is running this and what are they doing? Where is the accountability?

Forget all of this and sign a real coach, a Canadian at that, how about Frank Yallop?
Oh, hang on, he's Canadian. We don't seem to like those guys. Ask Colin Miller, they let him go and hire coaches with less experience.

Gong show all around.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying the loss is Oustad's fault, just maybe a change will shake up the rest of the team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, that's pretty much what you said, the loss was his fault. Otherwise you would rail on about the rest of the shite in front of him on the day.

This team has been smoke and mirrors at the back the whole season. YP Lee, as great as he was last season, is a liability now - it is clear that father time has caught up with him. Don't get me started on the left back :rolleyes:

Leveron for me is the future to hold that middle together. But mark my words, he will get the short end of the stick here soon and we'll get Demerit and O'Brien to finish out the year... and in the process not make the playoffs.

At ANY level, I'm a firm believer that you do not fcuk with the backbone of your squad down the middle.

While I'm at it, there is NO amount of playing experience that Hurtado can get that is going to make him a player any better than he is now. He can only get better on the training pitch and if he doesn't have it now, he isn't ever.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are just BAD. The coach is just BAD. The person who oversees everything is ...............great according to the public.

As for the goals, two great finishes on the second and third goals. It's tough to say if the keeper was OUsTed too far off his line but it is likely but the finish was sublime..just inside the half being semi-pressured and had the presence to look up and ping a ball into the top corner. I would say the goal was better than the 'mistake' Oustend might have made.

O'Brien is a lump. After watching Portland last night dismantle to other worse team in the league at the moment one thing became very clear. Portland has as much speed as the Whitecaps do BUT their fast players can actually play football. Love Valencia up front.....only 21 with an apparent very promising future ahead of him.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watty's crew up 1-0 nil first half with a Salinas finish ... current live standings...

#ForzaQuakes

image.jpg

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion guy overlooking things is childish. If he thinks that's the team that will take them to playoff. No way. Defensive side of mid is not there. Far tomany dam tatches on a ball. No swich overs from side to side. All they do is go up like a trucks in a lane. Hurtado came in way tolate. Kid has pace you have to let him run at the defenders. Center mid has no strength on a tackles. Turnovers are killing them.
Man on man in last third is horable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0