Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Yallop would have done the same with the guys we have. No better. Club needs better players to do better in this league. Changing coaches each year is like Hockey in NHL. Crappy players crappy results. Coach needs two midfielders with Lions hart and drive. Coacker does well till the last tatch. That's the reason he is here. Lacks a last tatch. He head tweny five chances to score a goal from less than ten yards. Can not do it. Team looses the game, coach gets blamed. Bull you need three agressive players plus they need a goal score. Nicky Jarovic from English league should be the one. Goakl a game in MLS with eas. Miller is small and dam old. To pay a man that much and for him not to score a goal a game is not worth it. You must know the game as a General manager. Bring in guys in form. Get rid of dogs. That's why Rennie can not win. I went to watch reseves. It's a joke players are burned out from five practices a week plus two games. Rennie knows the game and he did not stick his head out for non driving players. You must have pride to play the game. Half just float aroud like happy pot heads. Pace and agressin is needed. Right D old need to be sent out. Left D needs a new place to play. Two spots that have killed us. Crosses from all over the place.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Base, you are way off-base here. You just pointed out one extreme weakness they could have addressed in house: weakness at left back.

In MF, you point out no heart, yet the manager leaves the player w/ arguably the biggest heart on the bench. I'm talking Koffie here, never mind Tiebert, who was also left on the bench. Both would bring more attack, more heart, and more bite than JMD. Diabolical.

Yallop would most certainly not have played JMD a minute with the better 4/5 available options in MF. Not a chance. He alone can improve this club by 8-12 points with the same players available, never mind some improvements over the offseason.

Oh, and a system of play, club wide.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reo C should be the destroyer in MF, not JMD, even I can see that.

Rennie had him playing right back at times this year - WTF?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude every so often you think well before you say things.This time I ? it. Yallop got sent out for no results. Rennie is no worse than Yallop. Both come from the same region. Both have British mentalaty in coaching. To be a coach in MSL we need coaches that have bit more understanding in Latin players.
Most of all we need players better in air in an attacking side of it and in the midle of the Park. Our D is no dam good for MSL. MSL attacks with four five guys. The two men on the D we have are onley good for thirty five minuts.
The biggerst problem is in Reseve side of it.
They worry if they win against other sides. The only thing reseve should be used is for unfit guys to get fit and for young guys to develop. Three day a week is more than they need to work on the game. Plus a game. Guys must have time to recover.
Lack of pace is due to ower working the guys.
Home games guys must go to swiming pools to get rid of acking muscals.
You win guys must get extra rest day. Small things yet very much big things in top level players. Most are burned out from all the negativity all the time.
Getting rid of Rennie will not do a thing. Reseves should only play in Canada. That way the other clubs would not know a thing on our young players comming up. Main managers a fullish in my opinion. How the hell will you ever find a local guy if you never play against anybody.
Dude that's when dumb leads the dumb.
Reseves NASL out of Kelowna BC. Than you have a player that is able to come up and play. Like Mitchell from Edmonton. They spend just as much on flying and all the rest. Kelowna would support the club well.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with Dude and Regs... Also wondering how O'Brien was left out of centre back as well. JDM did fine, but our top 2 were O'Brien and Leveron. Harvey is shocking, despite his goal scoring this year, and the fact that the Whitecaps nominated him as a candidate for Whitecaps MVP is actually infuriating. Sad to see YP Lee losing his form.

Also, the fact it took Rennie so long to get Manneh in the lineup(why was hurtado given more chances) and to get Kobiyashi in his natural position offensive midfield position? We should have had Reo C as the defensive centre mid, Kobi in front and Koffie/Teibert outside all season. Making the keeper change mid season when Knighton was in form made no sense.

I liked Rennie when he came in, thought he made a ton of positive changes and we have seen tremendous growth from prior years, but felt he lost it over this season, and was not successful in setting up a specific structure to the team.

How does the MLS draft work? Losing our last game gets us pretty close to the bottom of the table, and we already have Torontos top pick... We going to have 2 picks in the top 5 again this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with Dude and Regs... Also wondering how O'Brien was left out of centre back as well. JDM did fine, but our top 2 were O'Brien and Leveron. Harvey is shocking, despite his goal scoring this year, and the fact that the Whitecaps nominated him as a candidate for Whitecaps MVP is actually infuriating. Sad to see YP Lee losing his form.

Also, the fact it took Rennie so long to get Manneh in the lineup(why was hurtado given more chances) and to get Kobiyashi in his natural position offensive midfield position? We should have had Reo C as the defensive centre mid, Kobi in front and Koffie/Teibert outside all season. Making the keeper change mid season when Knighton was in form made no sense.

I liked Rennie when he came in, thought he made a ton of positive changes and we have seen tremendous growth from prior years, but felt he lost it over this season, and was not successful in setting up a specific structure to the team.

How does the MLS draft work? Losing our last game gets us pretty close to the bottom of the table, and we already have Torontos top pick... We going to have 2 picks in the top 5 again this year?

Bringing in Ousted made absolutely no sense, but I think that one lies with upper management more than Rennie. Once they've given away an asset for peanuts and dedicated a big chunk of the salary cap to him, you have no choice but to play him.

Go back and watch the Chivas home match again and you'll see why O'Brien was dropped. Shocking stuff. Either he never recovered from his injury fully or he lost focus mentally.

Assuming we lose to Colorado we should have the 6th spot in the next draft. Toronto's pick that we acquired will be either 2nd/3rd.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude every so often you think well before you say things.This time I ? it. Yallop got sent out for no results. Rennie is no worse than Yallop. Both come from the same region. Both have British mentalaty in coaching. To be a coach in MSL we need coaches that have bit more understanding in Latin players.
Most of all we need players better in air in an attacking side of it and in the midle of the Park. Our D is no dam good for MSL. MSL attacks with four five guys. The two men on the D we have are onley good for thirty five minuts.
The biggerst problem is in Reseve side of it.
They worry if they win against other sides. The only thing reseve should be used is for unfit guys to get fit and for young guys to develop. Three day a week is more than they need to work on the game. Plus a game. Guys must have time to recover.
Lack of pace is due to ower working the guys.
Home games guys must go to swiming pools to get rid of acking muscals.
You win guys must get extra rest day. Small things yet very much big things in top level players. Most are burned out from all the negativity all the time.
Getting rid of Rennie will not do a thing. Reseves should only play in Canada. That way the other clubs would not know a thing on our young players comming up. Main managers a fullish in my opinion. How the hell will you ever find a local guy if you never play against anybody.
Dude that's when dumb leads the dumb.
Reseves NASL out of Kelowna BC. Than you have a player that is able to come up and play. Like Mitchell from Edmonton. They spend just as much on flying and all the rest. Kelowna would support the club well.

Please don't compare Rennie to Yallop.
Yallop has been under the influence of some of the best coaches in the world. (Bobby Robson) for one.
It is not so much as where you come from that gives you a base for you way of coaching, but the people that have had an influence on you, during your career.
Rennie is still searching for the secret and experimenting with how to coach. You cannot do that at the level of the MLS.
Yallop knows what he wants and sets about getting it done, hence 2 MLS Championships.
You are the product of the environment that you develop in.
Rennie has had no role models to work from and get experience. He was the luckiest coach in the world to get the job at the Whitecaps in the first place.
The experienced players must be laughing at some of his methods and line-up decisions, hence Reo-Coker's comments that had to be "spin-doctored" and O'Brian being out of favour.
Leveron should have played more and the list could go on.
Yallop is a coach and has proved it, Rennie is still searching for a "secret" that doesn't exist.
It should be an interesting couple of weeks with a major announcement coming soon.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza Reo shoots his mouth off but he could not score a goal on open barn doors. That's why we got him. Score ten goals a year thast shoot your mouth. That's why Koffie gave up. To much talking by Reo and Miller. Show than talk. If Coaker and Miller were good enough for British premier they would be there not here. O"Brian is an old man. Good player. Should play three out of five games to be able to go full out.
Rennie is slowley trying to get the youth more playing time. Can not do it with five coaches from the side.
It's crap shooting and you know it. All it take is one guy not to go and you loose the game. You know it, you coach. Who the hell cares who they draft. Not good enough to bring the team forward. Buying good players is the only way.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
for.fcuks.sake.Base...

Rennie could've made a lot of different decisions this year to positively impact the results, but he didn't. Do I agree that Bobbaduzzi needs to fire and hire coaches every year or two? No... but as long as the players are commodities in this mickey mouse league of salary caps and trades and league owning contarcts etc, the managers and coaching staff might as well be also.

If there's someone out there that can do a better job (I'm sure a lot of us think we can from our Lazy-Boy's with our hands on beer and popcorn - at least man management and player-selection wise) that is available to the Caps they should pull the trigger imho.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets check the team and do an honest assessment. IMO:
Bobbysnuzzi - OUT!!!!!!!!
Rennie - OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bryce Alderson - who? exactly
Joe Cannon - Good guy but to old now. OUT
JMD - Garbage - OUT!!!!!!
Demerit - 2 years left maybe, plays with heart,beast mode, fan favorite - Keep Him
Harvey - has improved and only starts because hes better than Klazura - OUT!!
Jackie Moon - Hard worker would much rather have him than Mattocks, I say keep him as a sub, so we can bring in a RB and LD
Hurtado - Touch like a black smith, track star not a footballer - OUT!!!!
Klazura - OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Knighton - Keep him
Daigo - definitely has the potential as a strong # 10 - Keep him
Koffie - has tons of potential that is underused with lack of playing time - KEEP HIM AND DEVELOP HIM!!!
Y.P Lee - great last year, age has caught up, he's not coming back but may take on a roll with the club I hear. Lots of experience which is nice to have in the locker room.
Leveron - Solid, smart, plays hard - KEEP HIM
Mattocks - how about them 20 goals this year? uh huh - OUT!!!!
Miller - I would keep him if he took a major pay cut, a fit miller played well but not worth the price. Pay cut or OUT!
Mitchell - has potential, just needs to develop more good substitute. - Keep Him
O'Brien - I like O'Brien, he has solid vision and intelligence, but how will age and injury effect him? give him 1 more year - Keep Him
Ousted - I thought he's played quite well lately and hasn't had many weak shots go in IMO - Keep him
Coker - Beast, great signing - KEEP!!!!
Rusin - plays hard, I like him - Keep Him
Salgado - will he ever be healthy? if yes, Keep Him
Camilo - fitter, more mature, getting better - KEEP HIM!!!
Tiebert - plays with heart and grit, a must keep- KEEP HIM!
Matt Watson - works hard, but doesn't produce a lot, keep him as a sub- Keep Him.

We certainly need, a LB and a RD. Perhaps another CM depending on where they want to play Koffie. Manneh belongs up front but can slide back to an outside mid to unleash pace and get the crosses in. Lots of work but we can beat big teams, we need to make our D solid, and begin with a system and a regular starting line up so we can gel and become a solid working machine.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete (soft ball) Schaad seemed to intimate that no coaching changes will occur on today's WFC Daily. He then proceeded to blow Rennie again on the Manager's Monday segment. Have a listen to the podcast. Fukc I hate them both.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete (soft ball) Schaad seemed to intimate that no coaching changes will occur on today's WFC Daily. He then proceeded to blow Rennie again on the Manager's Monday segment. Have a listen to the podcast. Fukc I hate them both.

Both fighting for their jobs possibly? Not a fan of Schaad as a soccer guy but he is a funny dude. I also used to ventilate him when he was with Dunbar as a keeper but I digress...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade wao men you are dam corect on your assesment. Now if we could do the same with reseves and put in some Canadian kids with size and speed to develop we might kick ars in both Whitcaps and at the National level.
As a Canadian there is nothing worse than to watch a dog fruck from enother coutry playing for Caps. At least a Canadian should make the same money. Tiebert is ok for NASL, MSL I think is bit much for him thast's my opinion on Tiebert. Again I wish him nothing but the best as a young Canadian player. In the game against Australia CMNT he was lost for most parts.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some how I have the gut feal that Rennie is out aftrer the last game. I think upper managment will give Bob a lost chance on pickens. If he frack up with Yallop he will get the walking ticket. If Yallop gets a job. Colin Miller will be back in town. Rennie most likley will endup in Edmonton. Friends giving friends jobs. Nothing ever changes. Caps play shyty soccer fans pay and we bithch.
It will be a long summer. O well coed soccer is fun.
Dezza you live close to trainig area of Caps. I still think you could play better than two three guys they have. Rennie should stay. Old guy should go. Yallop in as a GM. That'smy take. Four Canadianas on the field and we will make the playoffs. CNMT would have a chance.
Maybe just maybe Benito will come this way. All A ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0