Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah but where was Kenny Miller for this send off...

Rhetorical question BTW.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question is, where is he now? Having a pint w/ Rennie somewhere in the old country me thinks. Those two need each other to survive. Pretty clear there will be no place for KM on the squad moving forward.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait.

Are you talking about Kenny Miller or Kenny Cormack?

Both have disappeared and Rennie seems like a Cormack type of guy :)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - Kenny Miller leaving town before the end of the season lacks a bit of class on the surface.

I'm a fan but he's down a notch in my books as a result.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Committee consisting of 2 owners, Greg Anderson, Rachel Lewis and Bobbaduzzi...

Rachel Lewis? Really?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as these owners are making a profit this is all just fan pandering.

The club is making money in SPITE of Lewis, Bobbaduzzi etc...

If Nash, Mallet, Kerfoot etc started losing money then I think Bobbo would be shown the door, till then they have to keep their media darlings employed or face the wrath of Vancouver Media.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think today though was a turning point in that equation as from what I heard, the media is FINALLY asking questions of their darling.

Ownership, no matter how much money they are making 'now', can not be happy with this turn of events... money left on the table, egos, perception, etc.

The honeymoon is officially over I think.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree Regs. It will also be interesting to hear from some of the "insiders" as to if indeed Rennie did lose the backing of the vets and to what degree.

Overall, it's about time. Have a read at Rennie's exit statement ... still trying to spin his numbers. GTFO!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I would like to thank Vancouver Whitecaps FC’s ownership group for giving me the opportunity to be the head coach of the team for the last two years. It has been a great experience to see the team improve its points total by 75% and to see our goal output increase by 55%. I hope the fans have enjoyed the attacking and entertaining soccer they have witnessed this season and I want to thank them for their incredible support. You have roared us on to the club's most successful season to date and it has been an honour to represent you. I will always have a special bond with you, especially those of us who were together on October 9, 2013 when we beat Seattle Sounders FC 4-1 to win the club’s first MLS trophy.
I also want to thank all the staff and players at every level of the club who have supported me and been loyal to our mission of always giving ‘Our all. Our honour’. Every decision we have made in the last two years has been with the long term success of the club in mind, and I am convinced that the team is now poised to contend for trophies at every level and meet the expectations that everyone in Vancouver has.
In life we have different roles at different times, and although there is great satisfaction in taking a project to fruition there is also a strong sense of accomplishment from turning a team around and giving it a solid foundation for future success. It has been an absolute privilege to have played the role that I have for the Whitecaps and I look forward to watching the organization move forward from strength to strength."
Martin Rennie

aaaaaaand I barfed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will always have a special bond with you, especially those of us who were together on October 9, 2013 when we beat Seattle Sounders FC 4-1 to win the club’s first MLS trophy.
Interesting that that is his hi lite... don't let the facts get in the way Martin, as I'm pretty sure the "MLS trophy" that you speak of was LOST by a different team several days AFTER October 9th.

:wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most succesful season ever?

First, in a three season life, doing that would not have been a huge accomplishment, had it actually occured. In North America, you are judged primarily on playoff success...like it or not. Secondly, Cup play. Third, the regular season, though one has to argue that playoff success is impossible without a good finish in the standings. All three this season were miserable failures.

Good riddance.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's interesting to see the followers list of the twitter account posted yesterday on TTP... I see several TTP names as well as a current Cap and a not-so-current Cap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0