Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
It

Hmmmm...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Rennie's comments about Teibert were actually quite correct. That is probably the only thing I am going to agree with him. In fact, until the last 2, 3 games Teibert looked totally lost (for me). He was everywhere (as Rennie said "around the ball, not on the ball"), left and right, did not have a clue about positioning.
Lately, he started staying more outside, close to the out line, making some really good crosses and being effective. Pay attention to his game. He still (when he is on the flank) passes the ball to the middle and then starts running into the middle instead of trying to run down the line. That was painful to watch because he was interfering constantly with the central midfielder(s). Last couple of games he actually stopped doing that and now gets back to the left or right side (after initially making a run towards the middle), not running through the middle anymore and it makes a lot of difference. He could be an effective player if he learns about proper positioning. But, wasn't that Rennie's job to point out those issues a year or two ago?

Now, Rennie's comments about Klazura. If Rennie knew all that already about Klazura I do wonder how the hell they could trade Rochat!? With De Merit out for the season, the injuries to Lee, O'Brien, etc. could happen at any time and they trade a defenceman!? Totally ridiculous move. For that alone both Lenarduzzi and Rennie should be shown the door.

Let's not forget something very important. Whitecaps were playing very good at the beginning of season 2 in MLS and then they made some ridiculous changes to the roster. After that, it was all downhill with a few good results. This year, nothing spectacular, season continued the same way it ended last year. Then they sent Rochat to DC United for a couple of prospects although they already had DeMerit out. The move proved to be wrong after two days.
Now, either the owners are getting very cheap or Lenarduzzi and Rennie have no clue what they are doing. My 5 cents are on Lenarduzzi and Rennie.

By the way, does anybody know how many season tickets Whitecaps have sold this season. It went down from 15,500 to 13,000 and now I could not find anywhere how many they have sold this season. Does anybody know?

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rennie's comments about Teibert were actually quite correct. That is probably the only thing I am going to agree with him. In fact, until the last 2, 3 games Teibert looked totally lost (for me). He was everywhere (as Rennie said "around the ball, not on the ball"), left and right, did not have a clue about positioning.
Lately, he started staying more outside, close to the out line, making some really good crosses and being effective. Pay attention to his game. He still (when he is on the flank) passes the ball to the middle and then starts running into the middle instead of trying to run down the line. That was painful to watch because he was interfering constantly with the central midfielder(s). Last couple of games he actually stopped doing that and now gets back to the left or right side (after initially making a run towards the middle), not running through the middle anymore and it makes a lot of difference. He could be an effective player if he learns about proper positioning. But, wasn't that Rennie's job to point out those issues a year or two ago?

Now, Rennie's comments about Klazura. If Rennie knew all that already about Klazura I do wonder how the hell they could trade Rochat!? With De Merit out for the season, the injuries to Lee, O'Brien, etc. could happen at any time and they trade a defenceman!? Totally ridiculous move. For that alone both Lenarduzzi and Rennie should be shown the door.

Let's not forget something very important. Whitecaps were playing very good at the beginning of season 2 in MLS and then they made some ridiculous changes to the roster. After that, it was all downhill with a few good results. This year, nothing spectacular, season continued the same way it ended last year. Then they sent Rochat to DC United for a couple of prospects although they already had DeMerit out. The move proved to be wrong after two days.
Now, either the owners are getting very cheap or Lenarduzzi and Rennie have no clue what they are doing. My 5 cents are on Lenarduzzi and Rennie.

By the way, does anybody know how many season tickets Whitecaps have sold this season. It went down from 15,500 to 13,000 and now I could not find anywhere how many they have sold this season. Does anybody know?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was guessing probably close to Leo's and dwarfed by Nucks. Nucks are sold out, on paper...this year saw the Nucks not filling the rink regularly, but the tix were "sold" I'd guess Nucks seasons tix numbers around 18-19k sold with 1-2k in walk up per game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Considering the capacity for hockey at Rogers arena is slightly below 19K, I would imagine season tickets are capped at around 16K MAX.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs no coment on Nucks but as far as Caps. I can see season tickets holders go down allot if Rennie does not close his yap and coaches kids to some wins. They always blame D in my opinion it's not D MLS level Keeper and one true striker and we would do way better.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs all I know if Rennie loses his next four game he will be coaching some where else. In my opinion he talks bit more than needed with his team second last in the standings. MLS is a league for tough and fast guys, has club has speed but toughness is not there.
They might add a guy or two.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say if they lose the Seatle game at home, he's toast. Maybe sooner w/ Yallop out there and available.

Yes, losing streak would be great now...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yallop, Dasovic or any other guys might be the once. One thing I wish Rennie turns this team around soon. And I hope he keaps his job. Team is close to doing well all it needs to bring the young guys and let them lose.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard yesterday that Nick is on his way down to SJ to help out Watty. And, I vote for Yallop.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Larson was a soccer player here in Lower Mainland moved to Calgary. I am not sure if he still plays ball. He plays golf. Used to be friends with big Rick. He might have got set of clubs from Rick for free. As far as Nick going down to St. Jose after all he and Watson are very closer friends. It might be true.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is true Dasoovic did get the job with St. Jose. I am not sure it it's a right move for him. Watson is only in-term coach. Watson and Dasovic better win lots of games to be able to get the job there next year as the owners sent Yallop looking for a new yob.Funny thing St. Jose did win their last game.
Utah therapist nurse that Rick his pell.
Good win for Caps even if the team they played are just as bad as they are. Now they need two more wins this moth. Surerstar got cut by Toronto maybe he is heading this way again. Do I hear Dunfield is back with Caps. Just maybe.
My man that's one bad coach in Toronto. Has no clue what's so ever. Yallop just might endup in Toronto.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Dunfield gets back with Caps I'll give up my tickets and support the sounders. Last thing we need is a harvey in centre mid. One of the only guys worse that JMD.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Dunfield could help this team this year. With Reo Coker, Terry would do OK. We need older guy or two. In close Terry can hold his own. He just needs to spend bit more on long runs to get his legs back. That guy in Toronto would kill a horse the way he wants his guys running around.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Dunfield gets back with Caps I'll give up my tickets and support the sounders. Last thing we need is a harvey in centre mid. One of the only guys worse that JMD.

The Sounders? Come on, it's nearly impossible now not to support the 'Quakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0