Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2015 Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
should be good, the have the book on us having seen us play a dozen times or so. I think a certain little unnamed Italian Stallion wanted nothing to with us on grass so miraculously the game will be played on turf! Its like Millwall drawing Chelsea, not the same hate as West Ham (Razorbacks) but its going to be a lot of fun.
Grass is much better for a lot of us on the Milan side. Body takes too long to heal when you play on turf. And I won't even talk about the advantage the rowdies will have on a faster pitch

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we shite the bed real real hard vs Unicorns. First half we had about 80% of the ball control, we went into half 1-0. I think they had all of 1/2 shots in the first half, with a few chances on fouls by us turning into crosses.
Here is where I am still just astonished at the ref... 10 minutes in, our striker has a clear break away 2 steps ahead of the centre back, centre back goes for a sliding tackle from behind and takes out our player top of the 18 (smart play before he gets in the box, foul is called). This is where I struggle to comprehend and I know even the professionals do as well. The ref gives him a yellow, I understand 10 minutes in a Red changes the whole game, but a last man back tackle is a straight red, no questions.... We beat ourselves up for that. Fine. Half time, we score right off kick off 2-0. 5 minutes later we get fouled again top of the 18. We put in a cross, their keeper comes out to challenge and misses the ball completely and collides with our striker who (our striker got pretty much knocked out by their keeper) and the ball goes into the net. Ref looks at keeper on the ground and calls a foul on our striker...... It was astonishing!!! Their keeper hammers the ball down the field as we are still bickering at the ref, they get a corner. Corner is whipped in, their striker runs right into our centre back standing still and falls over, ref calls PK for them!!!!! They score..... After that we literally just melted down ourselves and lost our own game. Hats off to them they worked hard, but man just killed ourselves. Well done Unicorns, they fouled hard, played hard and worked hard. Ref let numerous cleats up tackles go with no cards, and we bitched and wined ourselves into a loss....

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass is much better for a lot of us on the Milan side. Body takes too long to heal when you play on turf. And I won't even talk about the advantage the rowdies will have on a faster pitch
Grass helps the less skillful team, in this case the rowdies. Poorer touches are forgiven on the slower moving pitch and you get weird lucky bounces that can't be predicted because of uneven ground. i would also argue grass helps the faster players on the rowdies because you can knock balls in behind milan and run on to the ball without it reaching the keeper or running off the park.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grass helps the less skillful team, in this case the rowdies. Poorer touches are forgiven on the slower moving pitch and you get weird lucky bounces that can't be predicted because of uneven ground. i would also argue grass helps the faster players on the rowdies because you can knock balls in behind milan and run on to the ball without it reaching the keeper or running off the park.
Did you just call me slow and without skill!?!?

jaywood

Sep 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we shite the bed real real hard vs Unicorns. First half we had about 80% of the ball control, we went into half 1-0. I think they had all of 1/2 shots in the first half, with a few chances on fouls by us turning into crosses.
Here is where I am still just astonished at the ref... 10 minutes in, our striker has a clear break away 2 steps ahead of the centre back, centre back goes for a sliding tackle from behind and takes out our player top of the 18 (smart play before he gets in the box, foul is called). This is where I struggle to comprehend and I know even the professionals do as well. The ref gives him a yellow, I understand 10 minutes in a Red changes the whole game, but a last man back tackle is a straight red, no questions.... We beat ourselves up for that. Fine. Half time, we score right off kick off 2-0. 5 minutes later we get fouled again top of the 18. We put in a cross, their keeper comes out to challenge and misses the ball completely and collides with our striker who (our striker got pretty much knocked out by their keeper) and the ball goes into the net. Ref looks at keeper on the ground and calls a foul on our striker...... It was astonishing!!! Their keeper hammers the ball down the field as we are still bickering at the ref, they get a corner. Corner is whipped in, their striker runs right into our centre back standing still and falls over, ref calls PK for them!!!!! They score..... After that we literally just melted down ourselves and lost our own game. Hats off to them they worked hard, but man just killed ourselves. Well done Unicorns, they fouled hard, played hard and worked hard. Ref let numerous cleats up tackles go with no cards, and we bitched and wined ourselves into a loss....
Chelsea4life, I'm not going to disagree about the ref, there were many calls in the game that blew me away, even just some simple decisions like throw ins or free kicks left me baffled. The tackle you're talking about though, without question, was not a slide, let alone a slide from behind. Also, it wasn't the center back that made the tackle (your forward did have him beat by 2 steps ), it was the left back that came flat across the box. I agree it could have been a red, but I think the ref saw the left back come across flat and made contact outside the box and called it a yellow. Had I been on your side of the fence though, I wouldn't have been to pleased about it either. As for the goalie contact/non goal call, I actually didn't see it, so have no idea what happened there. All in all I'd say it was a decent game, we played to our strengths and you guys did kind of melt down after the no-goal and didn't regain your form you had in the 1st half. Even still, no one was bitching or complaining after the game, and I'm pretty sure every one of your guys wished us good luck afterwards. Best of luck with the rest of your season.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 7-2 win vs abby. Complete dominance. Their goals were gifts on the keep giving them the balls on a miss cue. Could have been 13-14 couple missed pks and their keep made some great saves. Good group of guys thoigh clean game onto poco we go.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 7-2 win vs abby. Complete dominance. Their goals were gifts on the keep giving them the balls on a miss cue. Could have been 13-14 couple missed pks and their keep made some great saves. Good group of guys thoigh clean game onto poco we go.
Celtic with the dream draw, 3 div 4 teams consecutively if you win the next one.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we win this one I believe we face abby div 4 too. Then it would most likely be aldergrove. A nice draw to the quarters if we make it but tough having a huge jump when you go from div 4 to aldergrove.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we win this one I believe we face abby div 4 too. Then it would most likely be aldergrove. A nice draw to the quarters if we make it but tough having a huge jump when you go from div 4 to aldergrove.
you're right I forgot the prelim game you guys had to to play also, good luck!.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barring any major upsets it looks like the semi finals could have the top 3 div 2 teams. Dynamo always seem to bake as the season goes on.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 3-1 poco United. They were big and quick and worked quite hard, all be it one of the more whining and most immature teams we have ever played. I've never seen a team complain about getting calls against them when they were constantly late in tackles, through our backs and in with elbows up. They even have players swearing at our guys all game calling them "gay pussies, replace your tampons" this is men's soccer, time to act like it kids. After playing this make up on a Thursday night, we were told if we win we can have our next round game at home, for helping speed up the process in getting the games in, yet as per usual they schedule us away at abby. Another broken promise even after we have it all in writting. I don't really know why I'm shocked as we're used to it by now. Maybe they know we need gas and silverdale has the best prices. Give me strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0