Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Saturday, I continue to question Robo's tactics. Love the players he's brought in, but fack me, with that quality, you really have to park Mattocks somewhere else, like at UBC or even further? You really have to USE these signings? Where is Rodriguez? One great match and a red, now he sits? Injured? WTF? Kah is frightening, in a bad way. Not a Waston way, but in a way that makes strikers salivate, and me frightened.

Why wasn't the Bug in for the whole match? Kekuta (again, WTF is w/ the shirt?) needs to sit and watch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes @Dude, Rodriguez is injured. You'll notice he wasn't even in the 18. It's very unfortunate because Kah is terrible. I wouldn't mind if they gave Tim Parker a chance and moved Kah to the bench next game.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I know they won the east last year, but they're missing Bill Hamid to injury and I think another from last year's squad if I'm not mistaken...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Saturday, I continue to question Robo's tactics.

I said long time ago that Robinson is a liability and nothing else. He was, if I remember, the last resort choice (Yallop did not wait for a call, Bradley politely refused).

The team did (unexpectedly) well last season but not thanks to the coach. It was Pedro's first year on fire. Now imagine if Whitecaps had a good and independent coach who would have a courage to get rid of Hurtado and Mattocks (I have to add now Manneh to that list too) and add somebody more talented. Last season would be much better.
This season (although it is a solid start) this team still has some pieces that anybody who knows anything about soccer has to shake their headd off in bewilderment asking a question like: Who the hell drafted that guy? Honestly, it is comical when you see how poor ball control some of those "pros" have.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To DC's credit, both goals were quality finishes. Marking was poor by Kah on the second as he just dashed past him, but that's par for the course with him. On a positive note, I believe RT put in a personal best for 10km run.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a positive note, I believe RT put in a personal best for 10km run.

OK, please, watch this video:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...er-whitecaps-fc-1-dc-united-2-mls-match-recap

Stop the video at 0:53. Watch Teibert talking to one of his teammates while the guy he was supposed to cover gets the ball and crosses (with Teibert being late to block that cross) for 1:1. Watch then in slow motion (numerous times) how poor job Teibert does.

Stop the video at 2:30. Watch again Teibert's poor positioning. He is late, runs like a bull, DC United player easily goes around him for a great chance. Ousted saved RT another embarrassment that lot of people simply refuse to see.

Stop the video at 3:02. Watch where Teibert is. Watch how his check gets away from him easily. That was for the second goal.

Dude will call this unhealthy obsession. Really!?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...er-whitecaps-fc-1-dc-united-2-mls-match-recap

Stop the video at 0:53. Watch Teibert talking to one of his teammates while the guy he was supposed to cover gets the ball and crosses (with Teibert being late to block that cross) for 1:1. Watch then in slow motion (numerous times) how poor job Teibert does.

Stop the video at 2:30. Watch again Teibert's poor positioning. He is late, runs like a bull, DC United player easily goes around him for a great chance. Ousted saved RT another embarrassment that lot of people simply refuse to see.

Stop the video at 3:02. Watch where Teibert is. Watch how his check gets away from him easily. That was for the second goal.

Hmmm... I'm not an RT fan, but I have to say the chance off the corner for Rofle is no way RT's fault. He is actually marking a man in the box, and is the only one to react to the short ground ball played to Rolfe. Really the guy who should have been out closing him down was the one marking nothing but space at the front of the 6 (Rivero I think?)

First goal, yes RT is distracted/late to challenge, but where the hell is Laba? Buried in the middle of the back 4 doing nothing. Also, the marking from everyone is atrocious. Why is Sam Adekugbe marking their tall CB and Kah free? What the hell kind of marking is that from Mattocks on Espindola. If Boswell had missed/flicked the ball, Espindola would have had a tap in at the back post.

Second goal, RT definitely gives up way too early instead of tracking the runner. That said, Waston also gets burned badly on the give and go.

I guess at the end of the day my feeling is, yes RT kind of sucks, but when you actually analyze everything on the pitch you realize that so does everyone else. It's MLS. You're expecting too much.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First goal not RT's fault at all... yeah he's distracted but his man actually drops... as good as RT is, snicker, he can't be expected to cover two....

Missed chance at 2:30 is exactly how not to challenge... he has to engage but for God's sake man jockey / take away his shooting lane....

Second goal, exactly why you don't jockey by standing square and flat-footed... 10 years olds are taught that and yet again RT is clueless... and there were countless other times where he came charging at the ball
in the middle of the park only to have it worked around in exactly that same manner... eventually it cost them the eventual winner....

Frankly his errors are so numerous and obvious that it's time to get rid of this coach and move on to someone who will telly Bobby where to go and select players who belong at level...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm... I'm not an RT fan, but I have to say the chance off the corner for Rofle is no way RT's fault. He is actually marking a man in the box, and is the only one to react to the short ground ball played to Rolfe. Really the guy who should have been out closing him down was the one marking nothing but space at the front of the 6 (Rivero I think?)

Dezza, RT is a short guy who cannot/should not be marking a man in the box. There are 9 white jerseys in the box (including RT) plus Ousted against 5 blue DC players so 10 against 5! RT's job was to mark the guy on the 16 m line. Correct me if I am wrong.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza, RT is a short guy who cannot/should not be marking a man in the box. There are 9 white jerseys in the box (including RT) plus Ousted against 5 blue DC players so 10 against 5! RT's job was to mark the guy on the 16 m line. Correct me if I am wrong.

No argument from me on that, but I have to ask why is there not someone else pushing RT on and taking the man he's got? Who's responsibility is it to be organizing the marking in the box? The common theme to me seems to be a general disorganization at the backend for the Whitecaps.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched it again, you're right, that probably was RT's man... not sure what the Whitecaps' plan would have been had the crosser laid it over to the guy who dropped... in any event, curious team D and I can't believe I was overly fair to him...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No argument from me on that, but I have to ask why is there not someone else pushing RT on and taking the man he's got? Who's responsibility is it to be organizing the marking in the box? The common theme to me seems to be a general disorganization at the backend for the Whitecaps.

dezza, that is exactly what we ("obsessed people") are trying to point out. RT took upon himself that role of "organizing" the team. He runs everywhere (typical for younger players who missed the class when the "teachers" were explaining the positioning), he constantly demands the ball, he actually is telling other players what to do or where to be when the opponent is taking a corner kick, he is the "assistant" captain, he pretty much (it seems that way) can do whatever he wants. That is probably one of the biggest problems with this team. A guy who is not good enough in that role has taken that responsibility and it is very costly (in my opinion, of course).

But, when I think seriously about all this I have to admit that your words "You are expecting too much" make a lot of sense. If Manneh, Mattock, Hurtado, Teibert were perfect (and understood everything) they'd be playing somewhere in Europe, not in MLS.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched it again, you're right, that probably was RT's man... not sure what the Whitecaps' plan would have been had the crosser laid it over to the guy who dropped... in any event, curious team D and I can't believe I was overly fair to him...

Was it as intimate for you the second time around?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I may be going out on a ledge on this one...but yes, unhealthy. Just a tad.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok sure. It was a bad game for him if you really want to say. Lost his partner in the holding roll before half. Tough match.

RT is not the perfect player or a top midfielder in the league. But he works his ass off and cares. He is Canadian. He is fairly young. Our team has tons of youth and I'm happy a Canadian gets the nod over others. We are a top 3 team in the league after the first handful of games and he has been part of that. He has had a few good games as well. That assist to mattocks to take 3 points was a massive 3 points. We have what we have. It's MLS soccer and seeing a Canadian team have some success with an actual Canadian on the field is a good thing. I'm not about to pick apart the only home grown talent that gets a chance on our "Canadian Team".
Go caps!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See? Lion agrees. Pretty much with everything I ever say. You can post more often, Lion.

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
with all the empty seats at the other downtown arena, maybe the Canucks should close the upper bowl to create an intimate atmosphere too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0