Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mtkb,...You sir have been caught lying to us again. I don’t care, but God does, and in addition to being a lawyer, you are now (shockingly) a lying lawyer, one whom is Canadian, and hates Canadian soccer players, and who stands no chance of going to heaven...
...Not you mtkb- you hate Canadians, and are going to hell. I’d like to hear from other, non-Canadian-player-haters.

Dude, you are a way, way out of line! You are telling to mtkb that he hates Canadians although mtkb devoted all his life to working with youth (Canadian) players, trying to teach them to play soccer, to be better people first of all. Mtkb has been always a class act. So, because of his criticism to RT he hates Canadians!? Wow!!!
I know at least 20 people who cannot stand RT and his style of play so they all (including me) hate Canadians? Unbelievable!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you are a way, way out of line! You are telling to mtkb that he hates Canadians although mtkb devoted all his life to working with youth (Canadian) players, trying to teach them to play soccer, to be better people first of all. Mtkb has been always a class act. So, because of his criticism to RT he hates Canadians!? Wow!!!
I know at least 20 people who cannot stand RT and his style of play so they all (including me) hate Canadians? Unbelievable!
"Taking the piss is a Commonwealth term meaning to take liberties at the expense of others, or to be unreasonable. It is often used to mean (or confused with) taking the piss out of, which is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff.[1] It is also not to be confused with "taking a piss", which refers to the act of urinating"

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ttp-logo.png

Taking Things Personally

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would never, ever, ever take the piss on a site named Takethepiss.com. Ever. Cascade, you are way, WAY out of line here on your accusations, sir. Accusing me of taking the piss. For shame.

I was dead serious, and now I find out about mtkb working with young Canadians? Probably making them into good footballers that will take up the US citizenship, and work in aftermarket call centres that always phone at 8:00 PM, right when Survivor starts. Bastard.

Regs, good idea. I'm outta here, moving to Sayulita. There is a nice little shop on the main strip available for $30K US. It has Dude written all over it (it's a surf shop, so it actually has dude written all over it).

This will be my last post on TTP. Ever.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On other topics not RT related, has anyone been to a WFC2 game yet? And opinions...is this going to work? Seems they've found a nice spot near the bottom of the table.

Oh, I'm back. Couldn't stay away.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy jumpin....

First, Caleb said nothing beyond "hi how are you". He knows my cousin, and his sister who was also there played with her in their youth, I believe... The coach - who was also very diplomatic to all, including RT (unlike me) - discussed the game with me in the first half, when Caleb had not come down yet.

Two coaches critiquing what they are seeing on the field - imagine that - let's not turn this into more than that please....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe RT's roll is to keep possession and move. Drag a man deep and play it back and move to create space for the offensively skilled Mids to get on the ball.
Maybe coaches orders? Maybe he knows his job and roll, and knows he can't pick out forward playing passes, so he leaves that up to his other stud midfielder to do.

Yah he runs tons. Maybe too much at times. But they are winning? And they are keeping the ball correct?
Everyone has a job and a role to play. His is to keep the ball and work his ass off in the middle, allowing morales to do all the pretty forward playing stuff.

I rather him play back and not trying to turn in the middle of the park. It's not his game. I want morales turning and playing forward a little higher up the park, morales turns and gets picked, laba is behind him and you know RT is sprinting full tilt to get back or close down the space. Sounds like a plan to me.

If we don't have a high end playmaking attacking mid, then maybe RT is not your guy. But with morales able to provide lots of the offence, RT doesn't need to. He just needs to work his ass off, keep possession flowing on offence, and shut down passing lanes/players time on the ball on the defensive end.

Can anyone seriously argue he isn't doing this? I feel he is doing his job. What is asked of him. And that's why he keeps starting and playing. And caps keep getting points.

Dude. Your the Mayor of rightville.
Mattocks is speed, that's about it. Perfect sub at times to kill a game/go at tired backs. But a Canadian in that role is Better. Any day.

Go Canadian Caps go!

Maybe watch the odd game. RT doesn't actually do any of that. At all. Ever.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for my strikers, it's funny you mention that... we were working on a drill entitled "Finish like Drogba" (curiously, because that doesn't strike me as really his game, but I digress) last night... I gently pointed out that very thing to them; namely, take a quick peek at where the goalie is and don't be afraid to chip him the odd time.... oh yeah and make sure he's not charging out to stick you because it'll suck if you figure that out late... they did well... filled in Fraser Valley 7-0 on the weekend with our head coach away watching his kid play for Portland's u-18 team (Whitecaps have never wanted him but at least had the decency to sign a release)... I've once again retired as a BCSPL head coach, this time with an 8-0 aggregate... by God do I hate Canadian soccer players...

And RL... Dude and I have an unhealthy obsession with taking the piss out of each other, it's nothing personal from either of our ends, all good fun and soccer debate...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, mtkb, though you haven't yet convinced me you don't hate Canadians, I will reluctantly agnowledge you have some, SOME points regarding our favorite player, RT.

As I continue to state, I'd rather see Koffie in that role. Laba has the holding duties covered, and I'd rather see a guy in there that will act as a true box-to-box CMF. I think we need more agression in the middle attacking 3rd of the pitch, and Koffie gives that. I see Koffie as a better player, full stop, regardless of RT's qualities and his obvious gelling with the current starting 11 (despite what you and RL RCD say). The goal should always to be to have your best players in the starting 11, so Robo needs to get Koffie in there, and in there playing a position to his strengths. RT holds that spot right now.

Problem is, he's made of glass, and he hasn't been playing. Why Robo doesn't get him and Mezquida games at USL is beyond me, actually. Another huge ??? for me and Robo's decisions.

Tonight should say a lot about how he feels about his starters, and his subs. Koffie needs to be in there, so does Mezquida, so does Ferose, so does Clarke. Hurtado should be on the bench, if that. I'll be very disappointed if I don't see that foresome get the start.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As soon as I wrote that, I knew some jackass would accuse me of reading the Province. Well I didn't. I read the Sun. Which had, basically, the same article as the Province. Which I didn't read.

And, the article made no mention of those players besides Ferose, or the need to park Hurtado, or to play Koffie & Mezquida in USL. No mention. You only get gold like that by reading TTP.

And you sir, can fcuk off- I'm busy you know.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever Marc Weber.

Just surprised you didn't throw in that you think Robert Earnshaw should get the start too due to his hard work ethic in training and needs a chance for some playing time despite Rivero's lock on the job thus far this season.

Genius.

:finger:

:bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because I don't think that he should. I think he needs to get into the game earlier, on dead-locks especially, not at the 89th minute.

I think, RF, he's been brought in as a mentor ;) , and today's job isn't for mentors, it is for your next best 11. I don't see him as a starter, I see him as a 20 minute guy, end of match. So, I'd like to see him start on the bench, come in relief for Clarke.

~WebsaysfcukoffI'mbusy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0