Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad I didn't go tonight, and as soon as I saw mattocks and Hurtado both on, I cancelled that pvr recording and changed the channel. Just cause you're doing well in mild doesn't mean you have to give the acc to Montreal....

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kekuta to the rescue! WFC2 starting 11 shoulda been dressed for this game. U can't Expect much from 11 who haven't played together before. Those kids woulda looked better tonight

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more. Hurtado has never looked so bad. Mattocks not far behind. I don't know what to say about that game...with all the diving and extended rolling around to kill the match, it was a disgrace to the game all around. I felt dirt after watching.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And yes...Parker had a good match. Dean...looked out of his element. Not horrible but not the stud they sold us when they drafted him. Sampson...scary.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why no comments on "Kianz"?

It's debatable if Manneh is good enough to go with the first name on the back of the jersey (he isn't) but this guy certainly isn't... I kinda get the feeling that he doesn't get along with his teammates as well as others.

Maybe it's just a K thing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm never a fan of displays of individualism that separate you from your teammates. Same goes with man buns, Mohawks, shaving your self-anointed nickname in your head, one sleeve underarmour....

Funny, Hurtado has done 3 of those. Suppose "Eric" is next.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why no comments on "Kianz"?

It's debatable if Manneh is good enough to go with the first name on the back of the jersey (he isn't) but this guy certainly isn't... I kinda get the feeling that he doesn't get along with his teammates as well as others.

Maybe it's just a K thing.
Kianz was awful, he's right in front of the linesmen and giving the striker a bloody reach around and then complains when he gets the foul called against him. Carl Robinson with the ultimate piss take "We haven't won it but we want to try and win it and we'll go full guns blazing to go and try and win it" pew pew Carl, pew pew

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akslop nailed it.... 11 guys who never see the pitch and in any event not with each other, and you expect a result... I'd shite can Robbo for that display alone... clown...

Froese and Dean were so-so at best... Sampson YIKES... Parker outstanding, especially when he leveled (cleanly) his opponent in the box... he plays with composure, confidence, and appears to read the game very well... all of which make me question how the Whitecaps stumbled onto him...

Edmonton's goalie is a dead ringer for Walter White...

Poor Koffie... his giveaway was bad, but that's what you get when you're rusty and not expecting a pass from someone you don't ever play with... kudos to him for settling down and getting one at the death... and he dealt with the rather cutting post-game interview questions very well... pause, big smile, considered and diplomatic answer...

And yeah I watched in person... back Saturday to watch RT play a full 90 no doubt.... nauseating...

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm never a fan of displays of individualism that separate you from your teammates. Same goes with man buns, Mohawks, shaving your self-anointed nickname in your head, one sleeve underarmour....

Funny, Hurtado has done 3 of those. Suppose "Eric" is next.

Having said that, it's all a matter of cultural background.
In Brazil and many other latin countries virtually all players preferably use their first name or nickname (think Chicharito, C. Ronaldo, Xavi, etc.).
My boys were raised here but they've heard their whole life how ridiculous I think it is for people to put their last names in their jerseys and that they should always use the (first) name we gave them. So, surprise, surprise, whenever someone picks for them and put on their last name they complain.
So, I don't have a problem with Kekuta, Eric or Darren being in the jersey. Now as for the actual players, the jersey they should be wearing is of a track team somewhere, leaving the roster spots for real footballers.

Manbuns, though, are impossible to digest....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's some good feedback, never thought of it that way.

That being said, you'd think the club would groom these young men on their fan-base, and the cultural differences.

Love the jersey type shout!

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely, but it'll be tough to explain why it's seen as less individualistic for a player to have Manneh in the jersey instead of Kekuta when there's only one Manneh in the team.
Although, Brazilians may disagree with my comment because in most games it seems there's more like 11 manés (brazilian portuguese for schmuck) in the pitch....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grooming is very costly at MLS level. In today's game both C D forgot what their job is. Running forward full speed is fine but last touch is alway's a turn over.
Attacking flat will kill them in next two three months. They have to work on better formation in last third. At times it looks like kids playing men. Center back must be way faster than what we have now. It will only show against fast attacking teams. Balls over top will get both guys on C-D. One must think D if he does not it will be four nill for Seattle. I hope coach learns from this. Got to give it to Seattle the come to play full out. Barret beating C-D is almost funny for an average seed guy.
Long season yet team needs fast C-D and a solid play maker up top.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The movement today has been awful.

Laba was excellent, all the others were crap.

On corners, why are they not putting anyone at the near stick?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching a few games today, I am trying to determine who shite the bed worse at home Liverpool or Whitecaps. I guess that will have to go to Liverpool as there no show was on the much bigger stage. Whitecaps a close second though as it was not like it was not Sammy Saundh's last game or anything.

forest1979

Apr 26, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
For whatever reason I found myself watching Scottish league on Friday at noon, my god it was bad...I mean freakin bad.....so today I decided to watch Vancouver and Seattle......oh boy, oh fuuuuuuing boy.......I imagine owning a season ticket at Dundee and Vancouver as close to living in hell as humanly possible whilst still breathing.....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's WFC2 crowd:

CFPH0oqUsAAJ_Ha.jpg:large

:eek:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah. If it wasn't at UBC I would probably be there today. Long weekend and it being in the farthest corner of the Greater Vancouver area might be a small issue. Wife and I really liked that area but just couldn't come up with the down payment.

Maybe an area closer to where all the young families are moving to. That would help get families in those empty seats. Grow the game etc.
Do young families seriously buy in the Westside/kits area?
Somewhat assuming that young families would be a good target market for WFC2.

By the way, watched the WFC1 game live yesterday and thought RT was fine. Broke up tons and didn't lose the ball much.
Seattle just closed down the central defensive 3rd of their pitch really really well. Morales and Riviero had no space to do anything once entering the final 3rd. All was pushed wide and every cross cleared. Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0