Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True. He may be getting pushed into this role, but right now he's running w/ it, too. Wishing him continued success.

Mostly, because that means more unhealthy tendency type posts, but whatever...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The caps have done it again! Another sell out, this time for WFC2. A crowd of 3208 in a stadium that fits 3500 under cover and up to 8500 using the grass... Maybe some one can help with their math... RL?

Anyone make the trek out to UBC? 3200 isn't bad... If they can get strong support from the UBC student body and continue to play on days like today I bet the atmosphere wouldn't be bad, watched a game on youtube a couple weeks ago, can't say the quality was there.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good God... one lucky cross and you lot are ready to anoint him Sir Russell.... he so obviously doesn't belong at level that I really have to question how many pops some of you have before you turn on
the tele...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As many as you do, they are just a different brand. Ours don't have RT in a noose on the label.

The reality is he's effective. If Gershon were better right now he'd be starting.

Now, can we talk about how shite Mattocks is?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
As many as you do, they are just a different brand. Ours don't have RT in a noose on the label. The reality is he's effective. If Gershon were better right now he'd be starting. Now, can we talk about how shite Mattocks is?

One (great) cross does not make any player suddenly effective (and neither does running everywhere like a chicken without a head and numerous passes to his closest teammate or to his defencemen).

If we apply the same standards to Mattocks then he is effective too (by the way, didn't Mattocks score two goals last two games?). A lot of fans may actually think that he is effective (although I do not think so).

There is no question that Gershon Koffie is better player than Russell Teibert. Why he sits (and RT plays) I really do not know. Maybe you are on the same page with Robinson and see him effective. Any time (lately) Koffie gets a chance you can sense how frustrated that guy is. Who would not be if he knows he is better but for some reasons a chicken without head plays in his role while he watches from the bench.

More talented player (Omar Salgado) had to look at the backs of Mattocks, Hurtado, and Manneh. It does not mean I think Salgado was great but the fact is that Whitecaps have their way of alienating a lot of players. Why do they do it? I have a theory that somebody at the top of management echelon makes a mistake (drafting a wrong player, for example) and then pushes and pushes and pushes that player at the expense of other players (who actually never get a serious chance to prove themselves).
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/01/04/ex-whitecap-omar-salgado-i-was-lied-to/

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One (great) cross does not make any player suddenly effective (and neither does running everywhere like a chicken without a head and numerous passes to his closest teammate or to his defencemen).

If we apply the same standards to Mattocks then he is effective too (by the way, didn't Mattocks score two goals last two games?). A lot of fans may actually think that he is effective (although I do not think so).

There is no question that Gershon Koffie is better player than Russell Teibert. Why he sits (and RT plays) I really do not know. Maybe you are on the same page with Robinson and see him effective. Any time (lately) Koffie gets a chance you can sense how frustrated that guy is. Who would not be if he knows he is better but for some reasons a chicken without head plays in his role while he watches from the bench.

More talented player (Omar Salgado) had to look at the backs of Mattocks, Hurtado, and Manneh. It does not mean I think Salgado was great but the fact is that Whitecaps have their way of alienating a lot of players. Why do they do it? I have a theory that somebody at the top of management echelon makes a mistake (drafting a wrong player, for example) and then pushes and pushes and pushes that player at the expense of other players (who actually never get a serious chance to prove themselves).
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/01/04/ex-whitecap-omar-salgado-i-was-lied-to/

I completely understand and am guilty as charged so far as my hypocracy regarding Mattocks as compared to RT. What pisses me off mostly about Mattocks is that he will continue to play untill he shows signs of coming back to Earth. Robo will ride the hot hand.

But, honestly...you can't tell me Gershon has been better this year. You can't. In his limited time, he hasn't been better. Yes, injury played a role, but that is the case, always, when others have to step in. Had Gershon not been injured last year, RT would be a WC2 regular. Last week, Gershon wasn't bad, but he wasn't better than RT. Yes, a fine cross (and it was...first time, right to the dot, perfect placement) hurts Gershon's prospects. Especially considering the team has been lacking exactly that.

And besides, it wasn't one great cross. it was a tireless work rate, and very good defensive awareness. Most would agree, except you too, that he had a very good match by MLS standards. And it wasn't his first this year, either. Mattocks still killed more flow and created more work for the midfield than anyone else, including the opposition. Lucky for him, he can jump, and he (for once) finished. Athletisism, not being a great footballer, saved his ass.

Yes, I'm sure his Canadian pasport has a lot to do w/ the extra rope RT has...I get that. In fact, I like that. I want Canadians to have success, and am all for the Canadian MLS squads extending that extra rope to allow them to prosper. I know other have different opinions. To each their own.

I hope they find a way to get Gershon back in the mix. He's too good to be sitting. Plus, I think he's not eligible for the Canadian MNT, isn;t he? I just don't see where that will be right now.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
And besides, it wasn't one great cross. it was a tireless work rate, and very good defensive awareness. Most would agree, except you too, that he had a very good match by MLS standards.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! And if you throw more nuts in its direction that squirrel is definitely going to get more than one. The same actually applies to Mattocks, Hurtado, and Manneh (beside RT). You see it with Mattocks but you continue to back RT although you admit that RT would be probably with WC2 if Koffie was not injured (or playing "better').

RT should be moved to a left full back position, tested there, be defensively aware in that position, show his tireless work down the line, and put a few crosses each game like the one against RSL. But, the more I watch him play the more I see that a skilled winger would beat him 8 out 10 times.

Anyway, as said numerous times, I have never denied RT that he works hard (and he did improve last couple of games). But, his style (of play) and his hair (style) augment all his anomalies and negate some qualities that he does have.

Koffie, as already mentioned, must have been frustrated as hell!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did say that, but I also said that given the opportunity, he has improved DRAMATICALLY since taking the baton handed to him. Last year, before Koffie went down, he was a lost soul of a player. Had Gerson not been hurt, I have no doubt RT would be down a level, or even elsewhere. It's interesting to see what happens when opportunities are presented to players, and he took his, no doubt. When he got in and took over Koffie's position, a switch went on. It's like he started playing a simpler game, and focusing on the simple tasks instead of trying to be all-world everything Great Canadian Hope. Yes, had Koffie not gone down to injury, he WOULD be there. Now? He's improved a lot, and has taken ownership of that spot. Koffie can't win it back right now, and who else in the club is a better fit for that particular role?

No, he should not be in WC2 right now, he should be right where he is, doing what he's been doing, and that's making a meaningful and positive impact on the 1st team's success.

Sucks that it is at the expense of a player I favour over RT...

RE: Mattocks...even a blind squirel finds a nut once in a while...

:D

Seriously.

I'm right, you're wong. Just admit it, and we can hug it out.

LIKE x 1- Dude.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fack me, Regs, I really need a self-like button. You need to give us lifetime better bastards a self-like, dammit.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When he got in and took over Koffie's position, a switch went on. It's like he started playing a simpler game, and focusing on the simple tasks instead of trying to be all-world everything Great Canadian Hope.

Ahem. Canadian Soccer Jesus Lord Bob, 2011

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kah is such a liability first he's giving free breakaways and then he miss times the simplest of plays which causes laba to cover for him and ends up with the second yellow. Where the hell is Rodriguez and why isn't he playing.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did pretty well started with 10 men and then down to 9 before the break... DC, somehow, is a quality side to start the year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0