Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the confidence knvb has on the FVSL teams playing in the Provincial Cup " I think Sannich will win it".:cool:
I could have gone smart coach on you... but, we'll, I'm not a complete bell end. (debatable).I thought I'd just deflect. :)

Winner predictions anyone?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could have gone smart coach on you... but, we'll, I'm not a complete bell end. (debatable).I thought I'd just deflect. :)

Winner predictions anyone?

WTF
I have not posted here
Only defensive if Attacked
Have a lot of respect for you
Hope you are mixing me up with
Soccer Coach

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Continuing the baseless predictions it's time for the one's that nobody is talking about...that's of course the A Cup which leads to Nationals (cause like that's important...)

ROUND OF 16 PREDICTIONS:

Croatia v Abbotsford
Two ways to look at this tie: (1) Boring because it's between two teams who had essentially unremarkable seasons and at least at the outset are not in the title discussion, or (2) Wide open and intriguing because they look to be well matched and this game could go either way. Personally I am in the camp that this game is simply deciding who will be cannon fodder for a trip to the island next week, but Croatia is just a season removed from being champions in this competition so you never know if they might recapture that form. They will have to do better than they have this season against top teams in order to make that happen, having been completely blown out by conceding 7 goals to both Peg and Metro Ford in games this year. Not to mention they were trounced in the first round of the Imperial Cup by Div 1 Binger's Army. Abby, for their part, had a nice little run to the Pakenham Cup final, but that's really all you can say about their season. I am sure they are looking forward to comuting to the city for a 7:30 kick off on a Friday night. Part of me wants to bet that the game will start slightly late, then go to penalties and the lights and Memorial will snap off promptly at 10 forcing the game to be completed at a later date, but instead I'll just take the Croats to win.

Metro Ford v West Van
How could I tag anything else as Match of the Round? Coquitlam has just got it done against West Van this season, the 3-2 victory to essentially seal their title and then again in the Imperial Cup final. They certainly have their sights set on the treble and who would bet against them after the season they put together? It's a tough draw for West Van, who psychologically must be slightly rattled that they've drawn their 2015/16 nemesis in the first round. If the former Trollers can get past the league champs at the fourth time of asking this season then I'm sure they would be bullish about their chances of picking up a second Provincial title, but based on the history this year I gotta go with Metro Ford.

Langley Utd. v Aldergrove
What an interesting draw this is. Langley, the FVSL heaveyweight League and Cup winners, draw the only team in the league they failed to beat this season. However, they did absolutely oblitereate Aldergrove in the cup semi-finals. So Aldergrove know they can beat Langley (having done it twice already this season), but Langley are surely the better side no? An opening round loss would be a shock for the Valley lads with aperations of being the first FVSL team to lift the Provincial Cup, but the warning signs are there. Decent odds on an upset, but I have confidence the favourites are capable of another 6-0 type performance.

Pegasus v Comox
Peg finished the year strong and ended up in second place. They let me down as my sleeper pick in the Imperial Cup (they were further down the table at the time) but I still like them for a deep run in Provs. Comox was the VISL runner up, but will have the travel factor to contend with. I see the Surrey lads getting by comfortably here.

Cowichan v Bays Utd.
The VISL top dogs get to stretch their legs in the first round against the fourth place team from the island. Cowichan had a win and a draw vs. Bays this year, but dusted them 2-0 in the Cup final. Would be a solid shock to see Cowichan go out this early.

Saanich Fusion v Nanaimo
First of all WTF is a Maude Hunter?? According to GOOGLE it's the name of a pub/liquor store (so a person one assumes), but sounds like it should be something way cooler. Then again, say what you will but Saanich as a club (and a large portion of the VISL for that matter) seem to be pretty capable of getting sponsorship dollars. As for the match it's a couple of VISL also-rans duking it out. Not sure either can have genuine title ambition, but it just takes a bounce this time of year to get into the next round. The home team won both meetings this season and I'll bank on that trend continuing. Saanich to track Maude down and drag her on into the next round with them!

Port Moody v Surrey Utd.
Sets up as a good tilt. Neither team accomplished much this season on paper, but a chance for some redemption for a couple of clubs with decent pedigree. Surrey had a decent second half and an outside chance of making a late title push after a torrid start to the year. Port Moody looked full value as FVSL runners up and made the Pakenham semis as well. I'm sure both teams fancy their chances, but I am leaning towards Surrey. They should be at full strength and Provincial just seem to be in their DNA, so I think they have a slight edge.

Inter v Pacific
Well what a draw this was for these two teams. Numbers 6 and 7 in the league table (with Inter needing a playoff win over Langley Hurricanes just to qualify) and they avoid all the big fish in the opening round. Instead they draw each other and both teams have to fancy a win is on the cards. Inter won both league meetings as well as their Imperial Cup tie. Last year's finalists have to be eyeing the draw and thinking that despite their sub-par league campaign there lies a path to redemption. I think they will be geared up and raring to go, I like them comfortably.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tumblr_mw0yduqvDB1qzdza2o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens