Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 VMSL AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi tremy-1. Espero que todos estan bien para ti.

Yeah, lots actually. SpAppz is a product; the company name is TechSys. They are based in West Van, so they're a local company as well. VAFC's experience with them has been decent overall, although the club isn't using all of the same bits and pieces as the MWSL is (i.e. scheduling, standings, etc.). They have been quite responsive when changes were needed to the back end/front end interface, and with skinning their back end portal to (sort of) match the front end I designed. Personal thoughts are that as described above, their CMS is a bit limited, as are their template selections, so nothing looks pretty (except pretty dated). We're actually in the middle of a site redesign as a result (no, I'm NOT doing it). The back end functionality for registration has really been the strongest asset of the system, and it generates reports fairly well. We've used it not just for the regular season, but also for tracking special events and training sessions. Transaction processing is done with credit cards (not PayPal) through a somewhat reputable financial entity called BeanStream.

That said, the following bugs me: if you want to spend 5K on a system, and then another 40K for somebody to mind it, wouldn't you go hunting for competitive bids first? I'm seriously hoping that the board did due diligence on this before picking a system, and didn't just go with the first shiny object they encountered. Hopefully this is made clearer tomorrow night. I'm also quite interested to see how the ID card process will necessarily change.

The other thing I'm a bit concerned about is having two related individuals on the board. As much as I may get along with people who have the same name, and think that they're individually okay in positions of responsibility, I don't think that ANYBODY should ever sit on a board of directors with someone they're either related or married to. Bad optics...

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde, estoy bien gracias y espero que usted también.

Yes, the board did due diligence on this before choosing a system. 3 or 4 programs were reviewed and it was decided that the one that was chosen was the one that resembled what the league was looking for.

That said, the new board of Directors could investigate if members present any other option tomorrow at the AGM.

Regarding of having two related Individuals on the board, in my opinion, what is important is that they are soccer people and are able to contribute with ideas that are beneficial to the league and its members.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Acclaimed for 3 years:
  • Willy Azzi
  • Angelo Pulice
  • Geoff Catliff
Acclaimed for 2 years:
  • Ruben Tremarco
Acclaimed for 1 year:
  • John Catliff
All proposed cost increases passed...

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anythin excitng happen at the meeting I had to leave early. I am very much in favour having the winter break start first week of December due to many xmas boogies but I am sure that won't come to fruition.

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Comments like the one Utah has posted are offensive and allow cowards like him to hide behind a computer and a fictitious name to express themselves in a way that I don’t think they will do in the presence of the person to which they refer to.
Regs, I am very disappointed that posts like this are allowed in TTP.
Utah or whatever your name is, "You are nothing but a coward"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0