Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mktb Caps problem is not System. Caps problem is man marking when away side has the ball. By playing flat back team plays zone marking. There is no way you can zone mark with Waston. He has to play stopper fast kid like Aird Hurtado or Tibs need to play full backs. Parker should be sweeping. Inside of box area you have to man mark Waston forgers and you know next move. Team is giving four yard to an attacker. It will kill you.
Caps are a better team this year but coach must spend bit more on tight marking and staying with your man. DP player is working hard each game. His support is not there. I am not sure what has happened to Manneh but in my opinion his shape lacks. Mattocks is gone it gives club a chance to spend bit of money. Aird must play right D, Smith is not fast enough at that spot. I would use him in the middle of the Park to spark it up a bit.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who the hell in this world still plays with a sweeper?
And who man marks?
What are you talking about?
Yes this might have worked in the 90's.

Smith in the middle?
Can you imagine man marking and following shadows?

Base. Wow.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado as a wing back?

Is this all for real?

Could you imagine a team playing with a sweeper yards back from the line these days?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion clubs play flat back but most do not have fast enough players to play zone marking. Waston is one of them guys, he's good in air good north south very poor on a turn or east west. Good coaches teach one guy to drop back in need. In my opinion smith is a div two player and no more. You can say what you want.
Coach will be fired if he uses him at that spot. Aird is way faster and better player. Hurtado would do twice as good of a job in that spot. Number one twice faster number two can come back fast and three cost less. Same for Tibs. Guys in the back are slowing the game down iwith all that back passing. Team has to work on positive soccer faster up the field. Come back hard.
If they lose tonight it will be way more clear that back line is not good enough. Parker plays well rest are all over the place.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob what bothers you about Hurtado. Fast strong willing half of other guys make five runs and than they are done. Robbo will learn soon no speed nothing works. Seattle is a fast team, god help us with same D. We need one young English kid up top to run the ball deep. Manneh used to do it but since he got hurt his speed is half and it looks like he hopping on his heals. I am not sure if his posture is out a bit. One should look in New Zeland and Kazakstan for faster forwards.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
May I ask out of all the places in the world you pick FIFA ranking 21 Romania and 125 ranked Kazakhstan for places to look for speed? In not saying you're wrong but I would assume Jamaica or Kenya,places known for runners. Just wondering on why you would pick there to send your scouts?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aird is Canadian we are same range of rankings as Kazakstan . What is Fifa BS ranking got to do with fast players. It only matters what we do in our own zone forget Fifa rankings means zilch. You did see us win tonight with Aird as a right D. I am not so sure about one PK but ref has the last word. Three points are what we needed. Team did play better tonight. Robbo is finally starting to let the player play. There is good players in those lands one must look in. With bit more positive speed we could do well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive you do make sense. More herbs grow in south delta. No silver soccer in Kazikstan that would be div 5 soccer. Kazakstan has five times better development program. You have been watching much US kick and run, MLS is years from top world soccer. In Kazikstan's Poppy League only and only the best players can play. In south Delta there is only one or two that I know.
One has to have open mind and try to get the best players. MLS is more of a over thirty league. Old guys come and play year or two with few younger kids.
We need Canadian Poppy League in few years we will have tons of good players.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What? Base you are losing me here.

Anyways. Nice to see Blas get the start and have a big impact on the game. I didn't get to see the match as I was busy getting my heart broken. But was it a standard 4-4-2 or did riveiro Come back in the middle and help out his two Latin friends?
Was it a 4-2-3-1 defensively?
Did Riv and blas pair well?

The highlights really didn't show much.
Did poblano pepper play better? And move a bit?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me it looked like old four four two formation. Aird was outstanding in the back with Parker. We got lucky with refs calls, on one PK ref made a mistake.
Team played equal to Seattle. Club is still miles away from positive soccer. At least Robbo looked bit more at up beat. Middle of the Park is still wide open. Robbo has to find a guy with size to take away air balls. Rest looks good for MLS. If they play four one four one we could do better. Push Waston in front of last four. That's not how Robbo looks at it. Forget piro system guys club has are not fast enough for that. As far as Poblano no not really he played OK nothing to talk about,legs lack.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aird was excellent IMO. Great recovery from a tough start.

Blaz had a huge impact. Created the play that earned the first PK, was brought down himself on the second.

Bolanos was outstanding both ways.

Morales, for me, was good, not great, but responsible and active. Obviously good on his PKs. Definitely not a liability.

Speaking of liabilities, Manneh was the worst Cap, possibly worst played in the pitch. Consistently gave up the ball, and never anywhere to be found defensively- especially in the 2nd half. If he is in the squad next week it's criminal.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's be careful here Dude this infatuation with Kakuta is starting to remind me of a certain someone's obsession with Russel Tiebert. Are you finding yourself not really watching the game anymore but more just watching Kakuta?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to this game. @Dude I'm not sure what you were watching. The Caps were terrible. We should be very thankful we have Waston as he cleans up all of the mistakes. Seattle had all of the ball. The only time we looked like we could compete w Seattle was in the last 10-15 minutes when we made 3 subs.

Manneh, when in a one v one situation, now chooses to dribble out to the sideline and put a foot on it. Are you f*cking kidding me? You have one skill and you choose to eliminate it as an option. Give me strength.

Was expecting to see big travelling support and all we got were crickets. Where are our travelling fans? Literally there were a few Vancouver families down there w their kids. What am I missing? Where are the fake English accent folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0