Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
FV Blue Devils vs Burnaby Select White Eagles - FVSL > BMSL

FVSL may indeed be > than BMSL but thought you might want to know the Burnaby Selects White Eagles are actually from the VMSL and won their division this season. They'll be in Div. 1 next year.

Not suggesting you revise your prediction, just thought I'd mention it in the interest of full disclosure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still have nightmares.

In those nightmares, the team I coach and I are all out at Dairy Queen after a game, enjoying ice cream, when a small bespectacled man in an ill filling, baggy suit, and perfectly polished brown dancing shoes, enters the room and proceeds to tell all the parents how I am, that I, and I alone, am ruining soccer in Canada with each soft serving.

In horror, I watch as all the parents, and children, take up their plastic spoons in arms, and slow step approach me, in a trance. They have been memorized by @Soccer Coach. How can this little man, in a bad suit, coke-bottle glasses, who clearly has never worn football boots in his life, be so transfixing so as to turn this team away from their beloved coach, who has been teaching them since they started playing?

"Small sided game...play freely...small sided games...see how you are...the ref was against us...small sided games...conspiracy at the highest levels...European football is bad...small sided games...", the mob chants. Quietly. Eerily. It's as if the man who had walked into the room held a spell over every human being withing earshot, nah, within view. Could it be both?

From behind the counter leap- in slow motion- the DQ staff. Armed in one hand with a large Oreo / Skore Blizzard, and in the other an underwhelming, undelicious bacon double cheeseburger, they attack.

"See how you are...see how you are...see how you are..."

As the group converges, and the suffocating that comes with claustrophobia ensues, I awake in a cold sweat. Little baby Kesler has sneaked into the bed, again, and now sleeps diaper first on my face. I clamp my eyes shut, it must be another bad dream.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still have nightmares.

In those nightmares, the team I coach and I are all out at Dairy Queen after a game, enjoying ice cream, when a small bespectacled man in an ill filling, baggy suit, and perfectly polished brown dancing shoes, enters the room and proceeds to tell all the parents how I am, that I, and I alone, am ruining soccer in Canada with each soft serving.

In horror, I watch as all the parents, and children, take up their plastic spoons in arms, and slow step approach me, in a trance. They have been memorized by @Soccer Coach. How can this little man, in a bad suit, coke-bottle glasses, who clearly has never worn football boots in his life, be so transfixing so as to turn this team away from their beloved coach, who has been teaching them since they started playing?

"Small sided game...play freely...small sided games...see how you are...the ref was against us...small sided games...conspiracy at the highest levels...European football is bad...small sided games...", the mob chants. Quietly. Eerily. It's as if the man who had walked into the room held a spell over every human being withing earshot, nah, within view. Could it be both?

From behind the counter leap- in slow motion- the DQ staff. Armed in one hand with a large Oreo / Skore Blizzard, and in the other an underwhelming, undelicious bacon double cheeseburger, they attack.

"See how you are...see how you are...see how you are..."

As the group converges, and the suffocating that comes with claustrophobia ensues, I awake in a cold sweat. Little baby Kesler has sneaked into the bed, again, and now sleeps diaper first on my face. I clamp my eyes shut, it must be another bad dream.
Can we get this on Bombay tv?

Rick Flair

Apr 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming down the pipeline from BC Soccer is that Bacardi FC may need to forfeit the game against Burnaby Metro. They were given only Saturday to play from Burnaby Metro. Rumour has it one of their team members is getting married that day. Bacardi FC gave Burnaby Metro 3 different options to play. Friday night, Sunday and even Monday and they turned all 3 down. BC soccer agreed with Bacardi but can't do anything. Seems kinda Shady on Burnaby's part and like they are looking for an easy entry to the next round!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See... just like I predicted: Home teams rule!

That's pretty terrible if it's true though, especially since Burnaby Metro played Friday night home games all winter season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
See... just like I predicted: Home teams rule!

That's pretty terrible if it's true though, especially since Burnaby Metro played Friday night home games all winter season.
Don't BC soccer rules say you need to play your regular home time unless travel to island/mainland is needed. So Bby metro should be playing fri night...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeded teams enter the competition so we should be getting down to brass tacks in short order. No idea on this Bacardi FC situation, but nothing posted on BC Soccer, so they stay in the predictions for now...

Completely Baseless Predictions
Men’s B Keith Millar Provincial Cup
Preliminary Round: 3/8
Overall: 3/8

Round of 16:

NorVan (VMSL) v West Coast (RASA)
It was a comprehensive performance from West Coast, absolutely thrashing the FVSL Div. 2 runners up, Langley Sparta, to the tune of 7-2 last weekend. It was a great advert for the RASA with the Richmond boys ensuring that the league would not be shutout in the preliminary round, as their compatriots, All Blacks and Jugadores, lost out in their openers. A new can of worms awaits crew from below sea level in the VMSL’s Div. 2 Cup winners NorVan. Despite a great cup run potentially costing NorVan their chance at a league title, and the promotion that they have been chasing for years, this team has shown their pedigree all season long. Perhaps their most impressive accomplishment, even more so than winning the Cup, was their Semi-Final victory that came playing with 10 men after an early sending off. It’s a tight, experienced group that will welcome West Coast to the North Shore and the VMSL 2B runners up will be favourite in this one.

Sierra FC (BMSL) v 13th Legion (VMSL)
The VMSL’s 2A runners up had seemingly little difficulty with the BMSL’s second place side, Burnaby Gunners, in a 2-0 opening round win. We will see now how they deal with the step up to facing the BMSL Champions in Sierra, who won the Burnaby league going away finishing fully 11 points clear of the aforementioned Gunners. It was a by committee effort for Sierra who managed a league leading 58 goals with their leading scorer, Seyed Shayan Eftekhari, only notching 8 of those. It should be a balanced attack for Sierra then, but will they be able to breach the Legion’s defence that allowed only 25 goals in 22 games? That will be the question. Sierra themselves, though, boast an impressive defensive record having conceded just 17 goals in 18 games, which indicates that this one might be a cagey affair and could perhaps require more than 90 minutes to settle. These games often come down to a bounce or a refereeing decision and are difficult to predict. I’ll take the Legion though, based on their experience against the BMSL last time out.

Burnaby Metro Athletic (VMSL) v Bacardi FC (BMSL)
An impressive outing for Bacardi FC in round one, as they dispatched an underwhelming Sarajevo side that was no doubt still licking its wounds from a disappointing season in an unwanted return to the VMSL’s third tier. If the rum-branded outfit encountered a tepid opponent in their opener, they can prepare for the temperature to shoot off the charts in round two. Burnaby completed back to back promotions and will be looking at picking up some further silverware before departing for Division 1 and attempting to emulate Campo Atletico’s immediate jump to Premier. They scored the most goals in the whole of the VMSL Division 2 thanks to 9 from Arian Asgari, 7 from Hassan Moradi and 6 each from Kareem Shouhdy and Omar Nada. However, their talisman, and Div. 2A Golden Boot winner, is Navid Mashinchi. The former Whitecaps USL and UBC Thunderbirds man spurned the VMSL Premier Division and has instead been plying his trade in the lower divisions with his friends at Burnaby Athletic. He netted 15 times for them this season and will be looking to open his Provincial account against Bacardi. Well done to the fourth place BMSL side to make it to here, but Burnaby Metro are not just favourites in this match, they are title contenders, and I have to think they will be irresistible this weekend.

AC Richmond (RASA) v Fraser Valley Red Devils (FVSL)
As mentioned in last week’s preview, AC Richmond won the Richmond Adult Soccer Association title in a last minute playoff with All Blacks. This earned them a bye into the second round and saw them avoid the tough fate the All Blacks endured, being unceremoniously bounced from the competition at the Preliminary stage. FV got past the fourth placed team from the RASA in their opener in Jugadores by a narrow 1-0 score line. Conventional wisdom would suggest that the league leaders would be a different animal, though AC Richmond failed to beat Jugadoes in either of their two league meetings during the season, drawing one and losing one. Perhaps then, Jugadores are a tough nut to crack and, having beaten them, FVRD are in pole position to claim another RASA scalp. This one is a coin toss, but I’ll stick with the league champions to progress.

Poco Royals (FVSL) v Langley Utd. Dynamo (FVSL)
A domestic grudge match between two FVSL rivals headlines this round’s match ups. If you are looking for fireworks (and quality banter) consider taking this one in this weekend. There is no love lost between these two teams and no doubt both sides will be charged up to cement bragging rights for the summer. Despite allegations that they would perhaps have preferred not to win the title, Poco Royals were the FVSL’s Division 2 Champions and will be off to Division 1 next season (or maybe they will be able to stay in Div. 2, you never know sometimes with promotion and relegation out in the Valley). Regardless, their table topping campaign included taking 6 points off of Dynamo, and no, it was not via winning a weird, snow induced “true six-pointer” at the end of the season. The Royals romped to a 4-1 home win on opening day back in September before claiming a 2-1 win in the return leg come November. Langley, to their credit, travelled to Victoria in the first round and bagged a 2-1 win at Gorge to book a third meeting with Poco, so there’s every chance they can pull off another road win in this one. I will back the season series though and take Royals to move on to the Quarter Finals.

Mid-Island Mariners (VISL) v FC Serbia Utd. (VMSL)
Match of the Round here in this one as the red-hot Serbians journey up island to face the lone remaining Vancouver Island Soccer League representative in the competition. Yes, all three VISL teams participating in the first round lost, but fortunately Mid-Island were awarded a bye on the basis of an undefeated season that netted them the Division 3B title. Ben Robson is the man who does the business for the Island lads, scoring 7 league goals during their Championship campaign. Serbia though have already seen off a pseudo-league-champion in the Richmond All Blacks, who tied atop the RASA standings, in the preliminary round. This adds to an impressive list of wins over the last two months, as highlighted in last week’s previews. A new test for Serbia will be the travel factor, though this season Mainland teams have been bucking the trend of losing on Vancouver Island. It sets up as a cracker given that the Serbianss clearly have no fear of anyone in this competition, while Mid-Island certainly won’t want to see the VISL flame snuffed out before the Quarter Final stage. Perhaps I should have learned after picking against Serbia last time out, however, I have to go with an undefeated League Champion at home on the Island in this one.

Impero Calcio (BMSL) v Vancouver Greencaps (VMSL)
The Greencaps seemingly lived up to their billing as quiet contenders in this competition, as they traveled to the Island in their opener and laid a beat down on Gorge to the tune of 5-1. Impero Calcio finished third in the BMSL and were randomly drawn a bye into the second round. They are, however, Rudolph Cup Champions, so clearly they know their way around a knockout competition. This match up almost surely promises goals given that the Greencaps seemingly have found their shooting boots and Impero boast 3 of the BMSL top 9 goal scorers. Bruno Teixeira and Anton Krapic tallied 10 and 9 goals respectively for the BMSL side, while Lucas Sweda tied for the league lead with 15 markers this campaign. Safe to say not to expect a cagey 0-0 settled on penalties in this one! As for a prediction, Greencaps just seem to have that mojo at the moment. If they can catch lightning in a bottle, they might just have quite the cup run ahead of them.

Fraser Valley Blue Devils (FVSL) v Burnaby Selects White Eagle (VMSL)
Despite not being seeded, the VMSL 2B winners must fancy their chances being placed in the bottom of the draw, away from the majority of the seeded teams. After overcoming a tough test at home to the VISL Div. 3A winners, Juan de Fuca, by a narrow 4-3 margin, the Burnaby boys now go on the road to the Valley to play FVSL President’s Cup Champions FV Blue Devils. Burnaby will be liking their odds in this one as, due respect to their cup title, the Blue Devils are a Division 3 side. True they will be coming up to Division 2 in the FVSL next season, but Burnaby are off to Division 1 in the VMSL in the fall and this tie looks a complete mismatch. Hopefully Blue Devils can maybe note a few pointers to help them stepping up a level next year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming down the pipeline from BC Soccer is that Bacardi FC may need to forfeit the game against Burnaby Metro. They were given only Saturday to play from Burnaby Metro. Rumour has it one of their team members is getting married that day. Bacardi FC gave Burnaby Metro 3 different options to play. Friday night, Sunday and even Monday and they turned all 3 down. BC soccer agreed with Bacardi but can't do anything. Seems kinda Shady on Burnaby's part and like they are looking for an easy entry to the next round!
You forgot to end it with your patented "Wooooooo"

GloriusBastard

Apr 27, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, soccer is a class sport, and if this Bacardi situation is true, then Burnaby Metro are a bunch of classless #$&@ !!
Same scenario happened to our team last year but we were able to negotiate with the other team on a new date and time as they understood we couldn't field a competitive team. The re-scheduled game turned out to be one hell of a game and both teams applauded each others performance. that's FAIRPLAY my friends! Burnaby Metro is a group of selfish clowns & individuals anyways. Just take a look at their FB page...I rest my case.

Feel bad for the lads of Bacardi, Can't believe BC Soccer is not stepping in.

Rick Flair

Apr 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its Official! Bacardi has officially forfeited the game due to Burnaby Metro not willing to reschedule the game with 3 different game time/day options.

Feel bad for those guys since most of their players are heading up to over 35's and this was their last cup run.

Lol just saw some Don Juan Demarco guy put on their Facebook page #yourprovincialcuprunistainted lol

True Don Juan very True

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its Official! Bacardi has officially forfeited the game due to Burnaby Metro not willing to reschedule the game with 3 different game time/day options.

Feel bad for those guys since most of their players are heading up to over 35's and this was their last cup run.

Lol just saw some Don Juan Demarco guy put on their Facebook page #yourprovincialcuprunistainted lol

True Don Juan very True

Shitty. Playing games like that usually comes back to bite teams in the form of bad Karma, anyhow. Were the Bacardi guys also willing to play the day after the wedding? If so, then extremely bad form on Burnaby, as their opponent would have been playing on bad sleep and nasty hangovers.

Rick Flair

Apr 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking to someone on the team, they asked Burnaby to either play Friday night, Sunday anytime, and also Monday night. He also pressed that they tried everything to get it changed but they didn't budge.

A bunch of teams caught wind of this and are not impressed.

Sad that it came down to that.

Good luck to Bacardi in the future. Hopefully they can make it back next year and wreak Havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0