Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartbreak Kid

Apr 27, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've played against Bacardi for years in the BMSL and just talked to a guy on their team that I know well. They're pretty upset by the whole thing. To confirm what Rick Flair (wooooo) said, both league presidents and BC soccer were involved and they even got special permission to play on Monday, and Burnaby Metro have not been accommodating at all. Absolutely gutless move by Burnaby Metro. While Bacardi is a bit of an older team there is a lot of talent on that side. They've struggled to put together a solid line up with injuries in the second half of the year, but they finally had the majority of their squad back. While I have no idea how these chicken shits from Burnaby Metro play, I am very confident that Bacardi would have made it very difficult for them. I wonder if Bacardi were the home team and the game was scheduled for Friday, Sunday or Monday would Burnaby Metro be able to field a team. Burnaby Metro your a classless side. How can BC soccer run a provincial tournament like this. They should ultimately force the hand of Burnaby Metro. Sounds like they knew about the issue since Tuesday this week. Why not play any other day but Saturday that the teams can agree on up until say Wednesday next week, seems like a pretty shitty way for a good team to have to go down.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's just lame. As @lfc4 likes to say, failing to see the forest through the trees.

You want to win on square terms, you want to earn it. God knows none of us are being paid (I assume that is correct, now that Campo are out of the division, oh snap, @Soccer Coach). Even though it's not A Cup, the Best of the Rest, under the current format (mirroring the rest of the Provincials), is still impressive enough to compete for.

Rick Flair

Apr 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Burnaby Metro got a little nervous when they saw Bacardi FC beat Sarajevo FC and they only beat them once and tied in the league.

Sounds like a bitch move to me!

Wooooooooo

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel bad for the guy getting married, puts a bit of a damper on things. Huge tip of the cap to the whole Bacardi team for putting their buddy's wedding ahead of provincials.
This burnaby metro move is way worse than being asked to kick the ball back to the other team after an injury and instead put it in the back of their net #pocoroyals2016:wa:

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I went 7-1 last round I am hoping to keep my streak alive.

Norvan
v West Coast
Sierra v 13th Legion
Burnaby Metro vs Bacardi - not sure if this game is happening or not but if it is happening Bacardi will beat Burnaby Metro
AC Richmond
vs FV Red Devils
Poco FC Royals vs Langley UTD Dynamo
Mid-Isle Mariners vs FC Serbia United
Imperio Calcio vs Vancouver Greencaps
FV Blue Devils vs Burnaby Select White Eagles

Rick Flair

Apr 26, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
burnaby Metro decided to tuck their balls in between there legs and waddle to the next round.

Don't think Bacardi FC is the happiest of campers at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if they showed up to Burnaby's next game to show a little support

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL may indeed be > than BMSL but thought you might want to know the Burnaby Selects White Eagles are actually from the VMSL and won their division this season. They'll be in Div. 1 next year.

Not suggesting you revise your prediction, just thought I'd mention it in the interest of full disclosure.

*cough*

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is everyone just assuming about the forfeited game? What if Burnaby were short guys for the 3 proposed game times? Even if it's just one player who has to miss each proposed time, why should Burnaby move their game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0