Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great trade!!! Bobby was on the radio yesterday and when asked about the loss of Manneh he refused to say anything positive about him at all. Preferred to only speak about the player coming in. Super telling. As @LION said....got a little too high on himself I'm thinking.

And it was obvious that he didn't have the head for the game...wasn't coachable

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...by the time you are 22, you should have a good understanding of the importance of back tracking, and of the importance of getting stuck in while doing it. You'd think.

His last effort vs. SJ probably disgusted the manager and management as much as it did us fans, and they said enough is enough.

Shame, last year before he got injured, it looked like he was on his way to shaking those bad habits.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Different team than I have seen this year. We attacked. We continued to attack when we had the lead. Once Montero got on we moved the ball around between the top 4. Techera hasn't looked that good in an MLS game... ever? Even Hurtado was holding the ball up fine until his injury, which should have resulted in a goal. Watching us press forward was refreshing, not sure what got into Laba, but hope it sticks.

Think the real difference maker was Bolanos, gave us much better flow all game, and as I said it just got better with the addition of Montero at half.

Thought it was interesting Koffie came up again in post game interviews in regards to Tchani's play, and how Laba likes it.

Thought Harvey looked suspect on both goals... but he got into the play otherwise. Often the balls out of the back are coming from his side. Still think we need upgrades on both fullbacks, or should be playing the young guys (do we bring back Adekugbe? would he come back?) but what else is new... That top 4 that finished was good. Mezquida should be able to slide in easily as well, as I'm not sure Techera can pay lights out game in game out.

Brek Shea - still suspended? Wasn't on the game day lineup. Not complaining.

We had passion! Game like this turns me into a believer again. F'ing Caps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was Shea's match to sit for the red.

Amazing what a bit of quality injected into the line-up can do.

Yes, Bolanos at 10 changed the look early. Hurtado was at his best in the sense his ability to panic in goal scoring situations is unmatched. First goal Harvey and Ousted looked bad. Second, it was a combined effort of mistakes from the whole back line, nobody following their marks.

Credit to the squad for regrouping. Hurtado getting hurt was the blessing we needed.

The second half, Monterro simply tinted the field in our favor. We were at the match with my girls team, and I said to a few of them, "Watch, this guy only need one chance."

Sure enough. Tchani coming in further tilted the pitch. It was just like Koffie being back, Laba completely changed. He was actually very good in the 1st, but still staying home. With Tchani, completely free to push in. Honestly, if we can have two destroyers like Tchani and Laba that have the chemistry to allow both to play box-to-box, while the 10 focuses on attacking....well now we've just become dynamic overnight.

Solid addition. No offense to Jacobsen, but what a difference. Tiebert should be asking for a move.

On the wings....when the bug is ignored, he can actually kill teams. He wasn't taken seriously, so when he had the ball, he had space. That as opposed to Davies, who had an excellent game. He tracked back, and he took guys on. They had to focus on him, and it opened up the left that much more. So many switches right to left all match. Davies played with a beautiful freedom. So good to see it happen live.

The last two goals...No other striker in our line up would have been able to create the way Feedy did. Hurtado would have blasted them up into the high 226 section when I was, both times. Monterro found Laba trailing on the 1st, great pass. On the second, his shot across goal was perfect...keeper was forced to make a save to give up a juicy loose ball, if he saved it at all. Perfect, intelligent shot. Hurtado? Well, we know what would have happened.

Is that the plan for now? Hurtado to start, and soften up the back line, not finish but tire them and get them on their heels, Freddy to come in with 30 and carve them up from there? If we can expect that from Monterro every week, we'll be top 5 for sure. Huge difference maker.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tchani had a good game?

Maybe Manneh was the weak link that brought everyone down?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good and yes.

As good as Koffie on an above average game.

That was Manneh's big issue. On defending the game, the Caps would be a man down with him. Always. If he was contributing to the attack, and at his best, we were a man up.

Infuriating. @Regs and I saw this last year. Speaking on which, anyone seen him? Has he died of excessive grumpiness? Grumpypants syndrome?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tchani is exactly what we needed. Jacobsen also had a strong game. How was that not a PK when Davies was taken down in the box? League should look at that one as the ref was in good position and was too scared to call it? Brutal non call. Harvey's gap on his check was shocking on that goal. Got it all wrong.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the crappy first two home games this year got to say that game was worth the price of admission and more. Hope they keep that up. Doubling my beer consumption didn't hurt the entertainment either, might have to keep that up. Also saw sid who apparently got a bit of a beer shower after the first goal.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the crappy first two home games this year got to say that game was worth the price of admission and more. Hope they keep that up. Doubling my beer consumption didn't hurt the entertainment either, might have to keep that up. Also saw sid who apparently got a bit of a beer shower after the first goal.
andi am glad it was beer unlike the golden showers you take Disease Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0