Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pray for rain. Anything to give an advantage. Crank the AC; increase the density in the air, slow down movements and flight of path.

Why Dude, do you say that?

Well good sir, density of normal 21 degree air at sea level os 0.075 lbs / cubic foot. Currently, in most of Mexico, those guys are used to playing at 30 degrees, and in Monterrey, at an elevation of 1770'. Due to elevation, it actually reduces the density to 0.0684 lbs / cf.

Lowering the temperature to, say, 5 deg C will increase density to 0.0793. Thus, slowing the path of flight on a ball, and increasing normal air resistance.

The increase in air density will favor the local team's lungs more, as the cold air discomfort, and cold muscles, will more than offset any extra oxygen they can draw in.

Science wins again.

Not enough of a difference you say? Well good sir, you may be right. But I say we need every advantage we can get in chasing a miracle.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pray for rain. Anything to give an advantage. Crank the AC; increase the density in the air, slow down movements and flight of path.

Why Dude, do you say that?

Well good sir, density of normal 21 degree air at sea level os 0.075 lbs / cubic foot. Currently, in most of Mexico, those guys are used to playing at 30 degrees, and in Monterrey, at an elevation of 1770'. Due to elevation, it actually reduces the density to 0.0684 lbs / cf.

Lowering the temperature to, say, 5 deg C will increase density to 0.0793. Thus, slowing the path of flight on a ball, and increasing normal air resistance.

The increase in air density will favor the local team's lungs more, as the cold air discomfort, and cold muscles, will more than offset any extra oxygen they can draw in.

Science wins again.

Not enough of a difference you say? Well good sir, you may be right. But I say we need every advantage we can get in chasing a miracle.

You should send this to the Csa.

Caps should have put the Tigres up in a hotel in Whalley

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and freeze dry their locker rooms. Oops, the heating is broken, and it's pumping in freezing cold AC. Noting we can do about it now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps, if you can arrange for a gaggle of saris clad babes to bring that food to their hotel tonight, that would be a huge win for us, I think. Hell, maybe grease some palms, and perhaps other types of nature will take it's course? Maybe?

Weak bowels and weak legs, guaranteed win.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On both goals. Got turned and tried to dive and stick a leg in with a lunge.

A lot of the goals they've given up have gone through Harvey, one way or another... going forward he's ok, defending he's absolutely shambolic...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dean and Waston have not played well either.
Not liking Waston anymore. We can't keep giving up 3-4 goals a game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps are absolutely painful to watch. 9 out of 10 games I want my 2 hours back. Waston is great at winning aerial challenges but once the ball is on the carpet hes a Valley player. Sorry but you can't be a good team at this level without some high end players. I'd argue we don't have a single one. We need 2-3 but for some reason despite our owner having the money to pay for a new building we won't pay for some top talent. I don't get it honestly.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coaching change coming soon. 3 years and no results. Each year Robbo makes a number of roster changes and the team still keeps losing. You can either say that he does not know how to evaluate talent and he ends up with bad signings or you can say that he doesn't know how to use the talent he has.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Robbo actually make the picks? Or is it upper management that says, here's the new guys, make it work. Kinda like linden and Canucks, I doubt Willie picks who they do and don't sign on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0