Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. Being a Hurtado type player (without the speed) my whole career, I know this.

Glad we have this guy. The finishing will make our sub par squad look better than it is.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, Harvey trying to step on a ball and losing it while up 2-0 led directly to 2-1 and almost a thrown away win... he needs a sub at 75 minutes whenever they are up - which fortunately isn't often - because he has no clue how to defend in any situation...

It was refreshing to finally see RT kick the ball forward... of course, he was standing in his own goal at the time, but still...

Anyone else notice that the late calamities in the box were again aided by the inability of Ousted and Waston to get on the same page with respect to balls in the air around the penalty spot? For me, that's really the bigger issue with Robbo - there are technical issues with this team so obvious even a Sunday league wanker coach like myself can identify, yet he hasn't fixed them... for years.... fat Sigi please....
I yelled at the TV, "Fcuking hell again! You gotta be sure when you punch!"

Terrible finish, but as much as we hate Dempsey, he's quality. That turn and left peg, quality. He's on a different level, the cnut.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win. That was everything I thought Freddy would bring. He gets on the end of things and has a nose for goal. He has a very incomplete game but if we can get him chances in those positions he will actually score them. This team still isn't good enough in my opinion. Despite Dude feeling we have the pieces, I think we are 2-3 pieces away.
Yep. Being a Hurtado type player (without the speed) my whole career, I know this.

Glad we have this guy. The finishing will make our sub par squad look better than it is.

Dude I think that was a blessing from God making sure you weren't running to fast thus allowing the rest of us to admire your hair. You never had to put in the extra strong hold like a Hurtado does, allowing for beautiful flow. That was your strength. And we all admired it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win. That was everything I thought Freddy would bring. He gets on the end of things and has a nose for goal. He has a very incomplete game but if we can get him chances in those positions he will actually score them. This team still isn't good enough in my opinion. Despite Dude feeling we have the pieces, I think we are 2-3 pieces away.

Dude I think that was a blessing from God making sure you weren't running to fast thus allowing the rest of us to admire your hair. You never had to put in the extra strong hold like a Hurtado does, allowing for beautiful flow. That was your strength. And we all admired it.

Nicest thing anyone has ever stated about my career, thanks.

I want that printed on the plaque when @lfc4 finally gets around to retiring my jersey, as well as chiseled into my gravestone.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic: I stated we had enough to challenge for a playoff spot (5th), but certainly not much better. Last two home games, with that finishing, proves it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno if that works.

Dude is kinda a single name, all encompassing entity.

Kinda like Madonna, but better hair, fewer hit songs.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me our whole squad adds up to like Kaka's salary...

You have to look at Toronto and think they can't sustain those three DPs can they?

I didn't know Shweinstager would have got that much at $5.6M either.

And, $350K for Ashley Cole?
Seems a bargain at that.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guessing Schweiny just told Chicago to match his current salary. Otherwise he could have kept collecting fat paycheques in ManU's reserves.

In the few games he has played in MLS so far he's actually looked worthy of the DP tag at least.

Laba at $800K+ is the biggest shocker for me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laba carries RT around every match, so for me he's worth $800k if not more...

LOL.

Laba has lost his shine, and that has been the case since Koffie was traded. Regs called it. For me, the whole squad imploded w/ that one move.

I'd be OK moving Laba on (if anyone will take his contract), and getting on board playing McKendry. If you can develop that guy, it opens up so much flexibility building the squad over the next few seasons.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm okay with moving on from Laba to get someone better not McKendry. I want players that can control and dominate the middle of the park not projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0