Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 on 3 Tournament Winners at BC Place

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, Captain Shamrock, Randy Celebrini, and the mystery player I can't remember? Was it Rick Celebrini? Any other TTP members have this on their resume? :rolleyes:

Ah the memories - WAB, what year was that again? :confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't remember, all I know is that my B-ball skills were diminishing rapidly. So that must have been 1990 or 1991. I didn't know Celebrini was on that team. But you brought out a 5'11" plumber that just rebounded, passed to Celebrini, and check their worst player.

In the end, we won those mugs!

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just learning how to walk at that time as I was a late bloomer. However I did own a basketball with the chicago bulls symbol on it. Does that count
:D

Cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it was all about the mugs. Surely we can find this information on the 'Net? It was such a prestigious tournament..............

Come to think of it, I think we actually played AGAINST Randy. Does that sound right?

Reallygettingoldandcan'trememberanything

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B said:
I was just learning how to walk at that time as I was a late bloomer. However I did own a basketball with the chicago bulls symbol on it. Does that count
:D

Cheers
JB

No, it doesn't you cheeky bastard. ;)

Learningtowalkmyarse

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes! Randy was on another team. In fact we beat Randy's team. He was awesome. Really tough to stop. We had 4 players though, a couple of your buddies from University.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB... if you get a pick up game going, you'd should bring your goon out, helmet or not.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still stunned to have learned that:

1) WAB played alongside BC High School legends Ron Putzi and Joey deWit, and

2) WAB was a provincial select-level basketball player? Wow. We've got an assload of hoop talent on TTP. Burnsie is the undisputed BUMP champion of North America, I know KNVB was some sort of demigod for Seaquam basketball, I still have my bronze medal from this summer's ELS Whistler 3-on-3 extravaganza (hey, the thread is about 3-on-3 memories), WAB started for one of the four best High School teams in BC history (according to the Vancouver Province), Sandman seems to know a lot about Dook....

Could a TTP 3-on-3 challenge be in the cards? No. But it's always nice to dream.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap, should we get a high school football thread going also? I heard Al Bundy once scored four touchdowns in a game for Polk High!

You guys are nothing. My grade seven basketball team went undefeated two years in a row. They kept me back a year, you see, as I was so damn good.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
I can't remember, all I know is that my B-ball skills were diminishing rapidly. So that must have been 1990 or 1991. I didn't know Celebrini was on that team. But you brought out a 5'11" plumber that just rebounded, passed to Celebrini, and check their worst player.

In the end, we won those mugs!
I believe I played in this tourney. We placed third and beat some small asian guys wearing Saramento Kings jerseys in the consolation game.

Good times.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vancouver Nighthawks called. I wasn't interested.

WAB - were you wearing leg warmers or was that shorts when Craig Preece blew by you?

Amongst the trees.

Buckfast

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm in for a little TTP 3 on 3
1991 "AA" BC champion....2 years @Concordia and stint at OUC where i threw in 10 3's in one game vs Cariboo.
(last time i played i threw in a stellar 3pts in 25 minutes)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My B-Ball resume includes an '89 AAA BC Boys Basketball Championship Ring, a year in which i recieved expert Tutalige from BC MVP Derek Welsh all year, and i too have a 3 on 3 Championship Mug from a year or 2 after that.

Once went 7-10 versus Kamloops High in their own tournament. Might still be a school record..........then again, might not. :)

Is my resume sufficient for at least a tryout for Team 3on3 TTP?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anybody still follow the game at the HS level? Maybe we should have a TTP bookie event for the final 16. I'm off to New West tonight to watch the Lower Mainland semis. Mcmath vs St.Georges and Kits vs New West...4 top 10 teams. The North Shore finals are being played to capacity crowds with people being sent away due to lack of seating! Almost like a Richmond/Steveston game from the late 80s.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey!

When I was in Grade 10 at LA Matheson we went about .340 that year.
However, I got a nice wee trophy for "Best Offense" at the year end awards banquet due to my 11.2 point average.
Obviously my shitty team was holding me back from greater things.

Am I in?

I'll bring the water bottles and towels.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could someone do something for me please?... I was wondering if there is any chance you can stop Yoda from posting anymore of his high school ball stats? I fear it'll only lead to him popping over to mums house, digging around in the crawl space and counting up his sports day ribbons. I don't think I could bare reading how small his blue to red ratio was in grade 4. Fcuking painful.

You're a all-star

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
I'm in for a little TTP 3 on 3
1991 "AA" BC champion....2 years @Concordia and stint at OUC where i threw in 10 3's in one game vs Cariboo.
(last time i played i threw in a stellar 3pts in 25 minutes)
Another guy out of the woodwork.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
WAB - were you wearing leg warmers or was that shorts when Craig Preece blew by you?

Amongst the trees.

Buckfast
Preece was awesome, but we beat ND twice that year. Average victory spread was 22.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0