Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7 a side tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, you can't bitch about a Premier team entering this tourny? If you are so offended by them not backing out then why wouldn't you have backed out as you knew they had entered? Bitch...Bitch...Bitch!

I don't care that they did'int back out........but to beat a div 3 team and then say they SUCK!!! show's great class..

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it sucks losing to a Premier team as our team would get destroyed as well but if anything it shows the lower level teams how far off that level they are and what to work on?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it sucks losing to a Premier team as our team would get destroyed as well but if anything it shows the lower level teams how far off that level they are and what to work on?
we never lost to acbc though...we were the only team that didn't....

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we never lost to acbc though...we were the only team that didn't....

That's good! Quite a few years back our GEU Premier team went to this tourny and won as well and similar to this we went undefeated and tied 1 game I believe. Other teams looked at us as well and thought it was unfair that we went but what can you do...as it's open to everyone.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nobody has a problem with it being open to everyone and there being an imbalance of playing levels, that's fine. we all just wanted to go out and have a fun kick-around and a few beers anyways. but, again, the "you suck" comment is completely uncalled for and yes, it was directed towards the poco pacific as it was said in reaction to totti's comment.
and acbc didn't 'destroy' poco in the final, it was 2-1 with 3 minutes left when acbc got two to put it away.
hope there is a 7-a side tourney again next year! it was a great day and i'll go every time. i wouldn't mind the heat being turned up a few degrees though!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their are until next year a div 1 team and in all fairness this was suppose to be a 7 aside tourney with two seperate draws a div1/prem and a div2/3/u21 but not many teams wanted to play so they had to combine everyone who applied

And this should be a sign after, what, 6-7 years running this failure that most people just don't care?

Before this, the FVSL used to run a full 11 a side tourney for each division. I think top 4 teams from each div. Qualified. Back then, there were three 1st division sides: 1a, 1b, and 1c, then they had div. 2

Anyhow, I can understand why they don't do it now- must be a logistical nightmare- but the 7 asside is simply not appealing to most players. The 11 asside at least served for some very good competition, some prize money, and bragging rights.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before this, the FVSL used to run a full 11 a side tourney for each division. I think top 4 teams from each div. Qualified.

ah, the good old days. i remember playing quarter-final games the week before and then the final four and finals on the same weekend, it was good times.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was fun, it was competitive, and it was taken fairly seriously by the teams involved. To get in you had to place top four in your table of 10, so it meant only the better teams took part. The way I recal it was a simple format: 1 played 4 & 2 played 3 in a home / home series two weeks prior to the finals weekend. And, if I recall correctly, it was the last weekend on the calendar.

I don't know...the 7 asside is pretty lame to me. At least this playoff style format added some extra competitiveness to the season, because teams wouold battle for the final spot, and there was some money on the line. The year we won our table, I think we took home $150/$200 or something.

Edit: it was a total of 8 teams (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, etc), and the final weekend featured 4 teams: semis on Saturday, Finals on Sunday.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad the fvsl brought back the 7's!!! it was a fun day....cold but fun. Hey ghouse next year i here that Brazil is bringing there best 7's players....so you better start stacking!!!!

you piss take me then i piss take you back,and now i have no class..

you do suck

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse aren't those lyrics from a Digital Underground song? Check with Odog it's his genre -

"you kiss me and I'll kiss you back" you piss take me.....

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
you piss take me then i piss take you back,and now i have no class..

you do suck

"piss take" is one thing, but to blatantly say that a team 3 div's below your team sucks is ridiculous and to repeat it just makes you look like a joke. and by the way, notice how none of your players have said anything like this, take a hint, you're making them look bad. try putting on some boots and getting out there before you start putting other guys down.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i never said your team sucked i said you suck you guys can dish it out but cant take it. ps i did play a few times this year against doctors orders (thats why i coach)2 heart attacks . Ps i scored a beautiful mucker off my left toe, tsn turning point for sure.
Now lets give this weak ass 7 aside thread the boot. im out of here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0