Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Guru, I don't play with the Lomas, but a guy can dream, can't he?:)
Just thought by the team you named on the profile meant the team you play for.. not the team you aspired to play on.... I played football with them... YEARS ago!!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
It's guys like Nutmegs that made my decision not to play co-ed such an easy on. I've seen the guy train by kicking bamboo tree's with his shins, Jean Claude Van Damn style to toughen them up for hospital balls, 50/50's, blind dates and such. It's no fun playing against someone who is always poking eyes out with nipples, breaking guys noses with elbows... nutmegs is a disgrace to the sport let alone co-ed.
Love it. :p

Sorry for the confusion guru but everyone was talking about the game last night so I assumed you were as well. I guess that almost one week later, you still weren't over losing the game that you didn't really care about winning, right? :rolleyes:

BTW, if you want evidence of rough play, you should check out the bruises on our female centre mid who took a beating from Matty at least twice during the game but never came on here to whine about it. :D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to burst your buble Nutmegs, but contrary to YG belief, not everyone on TTP was talking about your game last night... the world only revolves around that team on game days... this is a travel day for them. My first comment was quoting Conductors comments about Herb allowing the game to run long enough to let us score... when in fact the game was 20 minutes short.... Previous to me posting that, there was only a score posted in reference to the game last night... Again, not everyone cares about YG...

funny how you twist it to sound like I'm whining about the loss... if you knew anything, you'd know I don't care a fig about a win... it's all the hand washing I had to do to get the blood out of the jersey!!!

So Dan's shoulder to to Snowmans chest was in retaliation to him kicking some fluffy's shins? see, now that makes sense:rolleyes:

Any way, like I said, you deserved the win, you got it, so drop it. This is way past the allowable time frame to post about a game, and I don't want the NET Nazi's to banish me.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Dragons by 2 is my prediction unless The Rob plays. If so, then I'll take Cheatside by 3.
I will be there and most likely in net with "The Dragon Power" along side me. Change your prediction. Mine would be Cheatside by nine.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had the priviledge to watch the Young Guns vs. Jackers game and I think the jackers are a bunch of wimps and need to toughen up. Seriously the game didn't look like it was that much fun to play in and I think that is one of the reasons most teams don't want to play competitive anymore. I also hear that teams are no longer wanting to go to Vernon because they don't want to play the Young Guns, just a rumour I am starting.
I agree with Nutmegs Snowman did have some dirty challenges but I wonder if it may have been a reaction to the type of game that was being played.

Speaking of teams nobody likes to play Butter lost our game against those dirty tryhard Rockets. Lucky for them the game was played at the Osler cow pasture and the field conditions fovored their no skill tryhard style they have become known for. Good luck to them in the next round and remember to try hard and win at all cost.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds typical of YG's to me. All the hacking and leg breaking.
Reminds me of a game 2 years ago when i made the mistake of ramming my nose into someones elbow. Don't know what i was thinking.

Nutmegs was that your elbow then too?
I couldn't tell, my eyes were swollen shut to quickly to get a number.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Sorry to burst your buble Nutmegs, but contrary to YG belief, not everyone on TTP was talking about your game last night... the world only revolves around that team on game days... this is a travel day for them.

I don't know about you but I thought this was a results and banter thread and since YG vs BDGC was the only co-ed game last night, most people would be talking about it on the TTP co-ed thread the next day.

And really what would people do without YG? Some other poor shmuck of a team would be lambasted on here, but it's okay we've got tough skin, we can handle it. :D

Bring it on guru! ;)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Nutmegs was that your elbow then too?
I couldn't tell, my eyes were swollen shut to quickly to get a number.
Actually that wasn't me - it was another SU girl that we brought in for her one and only co-ed appearance. I think I even saw Dial go up to her, specifically point you out and whisper something in her ear.;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
And really what would people do without YG? Some other poor shmuck of a team would be lambasted on here, but it's okay we've got tough skin, we can handle it. :D

There is always the Beercnuts Megs...ha ha ha...we're comin' up there with ya next year...imagine the shite that is gonna fly then :rolleyes: It's actually kinda nice...you guys take the heat off us...

You know what...people have to stop bitchin' and whinin' about the YG's and how they hate playing them...just play the freakin' game...win or lose, have fun doin' it...does anyone reallycare to beat them?! Honestly now...WHO CARES?
And when someone DOES beat them...a protest is filed by the YG's and they win anyways (D'OH! low blow :p )

It's all about the sideline festivities anyways, ain't it?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns this, Young Guns that. All I really want to know about them is whether or not they took their team name from an overrated but entertaining western from the '80s (starring Emilio Estevez, Lou Diamond Phillips and a young Nutmegs, of all people). If so, they could be in danger of copyright infringement. Bastards!

P.s. I heard KNVB was in the running to be in the cast but all the donkey parts were eventually given to American asses. Damn unions.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's official!
PHP:
[/ I also hear that teams are no longer wanting to go to Vernon because they don't want to play the Young Guns, just a rumour I am startingPHP]
Thanks to STD's comment and teams Like GURU's who can't make up there minds, the tournament is cancelled.
I was also told that some team from the lower mainland promised to pay there entry fee's up there in cash last year.Then the cheap c*nts after doing poorly took off without paying!:mad:  I heard of dine and dash when I was a kid, but was shocked to here that a team of 18 or so players could all be so pathetic!
Anyways good luck to everyone that is still playing, for those that are done enjoy the rest of the summer!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Seriously the game didn't look like it was that much fun to play in and I think that is one of the reasons most teams don't want to play competitive anymore.

The new terms we use are "Groups A, B and C." I don't buy the "competitive" vs "recreational" semantics. People use those terms too loosely in this league and they are not accurate definitions of what takes place on a consistent basis in this league that you so cowardly (and wisely) deserted. ;)

Sorry STD, but there are far more cards and referee "abuse" at the Groups B and C level. So much for "recreational" soccer, eh?

BTW, did you happen to catch the apparent assault during the Orca Bay/Cosmos game on Sunday? I think the Cosmos guy decided to tap out after he couldn't break the choke hold. Smart move. That would have been a fun game to play in.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon... do the YG's have a rubber chicken and half naked broad that sports stickers? BUTTER ROCKS! We play a shite game-o-football but we can shotgun beer (Funbox can keep em down now) better than most.

And that sums out the details of our final as well... :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Actually that wasn't me - it was another SU girl that we brought in for her one and only co-ed appearance. I think I even saw Dial go up to her, specifically point you out and whisper something in her ear.;)

That girl was amazing. She could actually put her elbow in her own ear! That's when I walked up to her and said, " The elbow in your ear trick is pretty cool, but I bet you can't put your elbow through Yoda's face." Like I said, that girl was amazing!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That girl was amazing. She could actually put her elbow in her own ear! That's when I walked up to her and said, " The elbow in your ear trick is pretty cool, but I bet you can't put your elbow through Yoda's face." Like I said, that girl was amazing!
I dated a girl like that. Amazing at parties. You should have seen all the ways she could smoke a cigarette.

killerboot13

Jan 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for one look forward to co-ed league and am very sad to read that Vernon is off due to the lack of commitment! I am commited!

anywho...

In regards to all the shyte being said about the games played recently (not naming any teams for a reason) generally the team that won probably should have, the disputes are not about the outcome but rather the content of the football games being played. YG's (oops sry) do not worry...no one is disputing whether or not you should have won, but as we are sitting at home nursing our bruises, breaks and concussions, we feel the need to lash out at someone...and we choose you!

thanks for an AWESOME season guys
see y'all soon!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I think I even saw Dial go up to her, specifically point you out and whisper something in her ear.;)

That doesn't surprise me the dirty bastard!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So? Is vernon on or not?
I need to book my tee times if i'm going!!

Somebody phone Gavin and find out!!!

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think we can ever have enough young gun bashing, I heard guru has a diary his family writes in and reads aloud on sunday evenings. It took him a week to transcribe it on to the computer though. Ok back to YG inc. why are the most popular people always the bullies. In the bdgc game last night, they had kvale hop on one leg so they could say they beat us with 10 players and scored goals with knees. They then picked up their gear and moved to the other side of the field at the end of the game to drink their propel. No kidding I tried one of their beers and they charged me 20$ for some electrolites. Guru I have an insert to add to family diary on the tackle on wade. It's a sad day when we can't "send wade".

Thanks AMSL; BDGC enjoyed another fun year.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
So Dan's shoulder to to Snowmans chest was in retaliation to him kicking some fluffy's shins? see, now that makes sense:rolleyes: QUOTE]

Wow, that's a first, sometimes a fluffer but never a fluffy.
Yours truly,

-Princess

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0