Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2009 - Banter, etc...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been years since I've been in this league...It sounds like I'm not missing too much (other than the great social Hairy Blue Dragons). I actually quit this league right after the game "Hollywood" didn't call some chick on a cleats up/head on tackle with me (which I still have a lump on my shin 6 years later):mad:

I do miss the trips to Yakama with the Young Guns! ...those were some good laughs...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, you could always just make tournament appearances this way you would get the best of both. As YG and the Dragons have combined forces and are the defending Champs of Vernon's big social blast!

It sounds like I'm not missing too much (other than the great social Hairy Blue Dragons).

I do miss the trips to Yakama with the Young Guns! ...those were some good laughs...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's pretty sad that the league is getting to that point where people just don't want to bother anymore...wtf happened?!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey striker14, not sure why some players or teams aren't having fun. But I do know there is a waiting list of teams trying to get into the AMSL. The AMSL is the biggest co-ed league in the lower mainland to my knowledge and like any league you will always have some bad apples including the refs which at times puts a bad taste in peoples mouths. Young Guns have been in the league forever(since 91) and have seen and heard all the bitching and complaining over the years, some of it even about YG go figure! LOL Anyways for those teams or players who aren't having fun than don't be in the league! Heck there is tons of other rec leagues to join, other than that my advice to teams who want to have a good time, bring a full cooler of bevvies and get someone to bring the bbq. Win or lose if people who are drinking and eating after a good run, the soccer game will be forgotten with in about 10 minutes!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...my advice to teams who want to have a good time, bring a full cooler of bevvies and get someone to bring the bbq. Win or lose if people who are drinking and eating after a good run, the soccer game will be forgotten with in about 10 minutes!

or better yet conductor...show up to other teams games where they have a full cooler, bbq and food and all is good ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's pretty simple really. Some teams took it far, far too seriously.

Well said Kurgan, my sentiments exactly. As some still do.
Some people just cant turn it off!

Conductor, it's hard to forget being choked 10 minutes after the game. Heck, i'm still thinking about it days later.

The league, i thought, was casual summer soccer (B Div anyways).

As for the refs, they should never be counted on to have to control a game, other than call throwins, slidetackles, and handballs. The basics. They shouldn't even have to bring their Reds and Yellows.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight I think i went to a Rugby match and a soccer game broke out.

Aftershock 2 - UJ's 1 Game called early.
We were warned and didn't take heed.

There was choking, there were takedowns, lots of whining, and even a girl who stood nose to nose with a girl wanting to fight..........TWICE!
Embarassing really

I think i'll take some time off for a bit.
:rolleyes:

So much for casual co-ed soccer i guess.

I just received the referee's report for this game. Two words: UN-Believable!

And Herb was not the ref, so I am not referring to the ref's writing skilz. I gave up guessing what Herb was trying to tell me in one email today.:eek:

Any takers?

"Yes at all the fields ,some teams has the players who have to behave if anything after you send the notice the teams involved be mentioned to you

*Herb"

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yes at all the fields ,some teams has the players who have to behave if anything after you send the notice the teams involved be mentioned to you

*Herb"

now that is some funny sh*t
classic herb email
i laughed out loud on that one Dial :p

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played a bunch of tryhards last night but our superior skill was too much for them in this game. After destroying them on the field in a game that was never in doubt we won the war after. That team should be ashamed of themselves.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0