Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2009 - Banter, etc...

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons try hards?!?!? Come on now, you must be taking the piss there right? So far this year we are the only team I've seen purposely toe punting and calling shinnys in the middle of the game just for shites and giggles. Obviously we haven't played too many games yet, so I hope there are other teams out there like us. We do stupid things on purpose just to get a laugh and then hang out to have drinks after the game. Isn't that what this league is about? I think the try hard teams have to be the ones that have guys who go out of their way to check the girls on the opposing team.

About the 6 players on the field, that was our bad. We thought the rule was 6 guys and 5 girls on the field, we didn't know that the goalie didn't matter. However, we did play much of that game with only 4 guys on the field because Notty was injured and Jeff Yoon only lasts 20 minutes at a time :)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons try hards?!?!? Come on now, you must be taking the piss there right? So far this year we are the only team I've seen purposely toe punting and calling shinnys in the middle of the game just for shites and giggles. Obviously we haven't played too many games yet, so I hope there are other teams out there like us. We do stupid things on purpose just to get a laugh and then hang out to have drinks after the game. Isn't that what this league is about? I think the try hard teams have to be the ones that have guys who go out of their way to check the girls on the opposing team.

About the 6 players on the field, that was our bad. We thought the rule was 6 guys and 5 girls on the field, we didn't know that the goalie didn't matter. However, we did play much of that game with only 4 guys on the field because Notty was injured and Jeff Yoon only lasts 20 minutes at a time :)

Gomesy...when's your suspension up?:p

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far this year we are the only team I've seen purposely toe punting and calling shinnys in the middle of the game just for shites and giggles. Obviously we haven't played too many games yet, so I hope there are other teams out there like us. We do stupid things on purpose just to get a laugh and then hang out to have drinks after the game. Isn't that what this league is about?

So you are making a mockery of the game then? Brutal.

I don't doubt it's hard to turn it off when you are that good.
I appreciate that you guys play stupid for the rest of us.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

this is true. you guys were messing around a bit out there...i could tell.
it was a good game in the end, and the moment you were scooped for the extra guy, you switched it up without too much of a fuss
thank god i didn't really have to take that walk to the car for the rule book :p

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers 3 - Butter - 2

I was golfing so i don't know how the game went. Anyone with recap?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I heard the Jackoffs traded you for a paps blue saying they play better without you and your wife is more fun when you are not around. I would keep my eye on Matty if I were you.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 6 Beernuts 1

well...our first slaughter of the season
i actually asked the referee to call the game with 5 minutes to go because the carts were still smacking them at the net looking to bury as many as humanly possible and i thought our goalie had seen enough. :rolleyes:
plus, i was thirsty
our guys were DEAD at the end of this game...the carts gave us a good run
we were in the game in the first half only down 3-1 but they turned it on in the 2nd half and that's how it ended

next game not until may 24th...huge gap...good for my injuries
only 3 games in and my body is shutting down already :eek:

have a great long weekend!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UJ's 4 - Barely There - 1
Good Game, Brutal Field, Superb Refereeing.

'Nuff said

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight I think i went to a Rugby match and a soccer game broke out.

Aftershock 2 - UJ's 1 Game called early.
We were warned and didn't take heed.

There was choking, there were takedowns, lots of whining, and even a girl who stood nose to nose with a girl wanting to fight..........TWICE!
Embarassing really

I think i'll take some time off for a bit.
:rolleyes:

So much for casual co-ed soccer i guess.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight I think i went to a Rugby match and a soccer game broke out.

Aftershock 2 - UJ's 1 Game called early.
We were warned and didn't take heed.

There was choking, there were takedowns, lots of whining, and even a girl who stood nose to nose with a girl wanting to fight..........TWICE!
Embarassing really

I think i'll take some time off for a bit.
:rolleyes:

So much for casual co-ed soccer i guess.

Wow. All the more reason I won't be involved with the league next year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't blame you Dial.

Really, there should never be red or yellow cards in a co-ed match.

There was one fun part when our left back got a ball off a clearance and while Aftershock was complaining about an offside or something, she shot it from just over center and put it in the top corner over the keeper who was distracted by the complaining.
Quite funny actually

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This league all started to go downhill when I "almost killed" Big M.

I wasn't even trying hard.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where do I sign up, this league was great before they banned slide tackling and fighting, it was un-cool to be a try-hard came around, glad to see things are getting back to the old ways, should be called the Iron League.

Hairy Blue Dragons Forever

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0