Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are Canuck fans Sore Losers or Idiots?

Are Canuck fans sore losers, or idiots?

• Sore Losers

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Idiots

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Appropriate reaction to the game

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There ya go CSide,
Edited for PC reasons.

Well, almost edited.
Regs, a little help with Poll title please? :(

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you. I'm sure you get the idea! Not the team, the fans!

Tonight's afters, has just painted a great city in a real bad way!

Still going on dt at 10:30, news is saying riot squads from RCMP, and ABBY are just moving in!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were downtown were part of it, did nothing to stop what was happening around you or did not leave the area I personally think you are an idiot.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the scumbags that participated, photo'd or cheered on while any of this happened should be singled out and never be allowed to participate in any future public or private events in Vancouver. Be it, bars, future sporting events or public functions. You f#%kheads should be blacklisted. Makes me sick.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were downtown were part of it, did nothing to stop what was happening around you or did not leave the area I personally think you are an idiot.

Furthermore, I would love to meet you and slap you in the ****ing face!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son was downtown to watch the game. He got out early to get to skytrain. He saw a 70 year old man thrown in a water fountain by a young punk. The old gentleman was wet and cold and my son gave him his shirt. The old gentleman took my son's phone number and said he would get the shirt back to him.

I think you will find that many tried to do good things but you risked getting seriously hurt doing so. The lineup to get on Skytrain was apparently horrendous. Many people did not know where to go.

I am overwhelmed and speechless. Suddenly hockey does not appear very important at all.

I am also a bit discouraged at the representation of our city and our society. But I know that the vast majority of our community are good, honourable people.

Please identify the culprits and prosecute them to the full extent of the law. Throw the book at them. Please.

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I survived, thats all I can say.

I was Dt for the game in "forum", a bar...and after.

The atmosphere pre and during game was excellent.

Hell even after the game, directly after, wasn't too bad.

It was just a small group of punks and hooligans who went downtown to create havoc and act like idiots, which snowballed.

I'm not saying anything true canuck fans did nothing bad, they did, but the majority of it was derived from hooligans and idiots who would have probably done this if we had won.

I saw cars overturned and put on fire, some a bruins fan pushed of the stairs and taken to hospital, a man stabbed in the ****ing arm, K-9 dog squads unleashed, fog banks of tear gas, flares, retarded teen guys going "omfg boyz did you see me knock out a xop, I threw a chair through like 30 people and hammered hi, then i toook of my shirt to blend in so they couldnt identify me and booked it"..not shite word for word what i overheard some dumbass say.

People bleeding on the skytrain, waterfront station tunnel, on the freaking skytrain, smeared with tear gas.

gah, I could go on.

I'm just happy my friends and I were able to make it out relatively unscathed. when the cops on horseback started moving in, the cops around us told us to run like hell because they were about to unleash tear gas, so we just ran.

The city does have its fair share of idiots.

will comment more tommorow, but man, that was embaressing.

PS: apologize for the numerous spelling and grammatical errors.

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We saw a bunch of teen guys harassing some woman and tried to help, ended up getting attacked, but I managed to absolute hammer one guy before my friends got me and the woman out of there. I'm not proud of it, but he was throwing full cans of beer into a massive crowd of ppl before harassing her as a "boston" fan.

She was a foreighner from sweden btw(who had yellow on from sweden) and the retards couldnt distinguish the blue/yellow cross from the yellow of boston.

She wanted to "experience" canaidan hockey fans, we tried to communicate to her it isnt like this at all.

I was humiliated trying to tell her and reassure her about Vancouver.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am overwhelmed and speechless. Suddenly hockey does not appear very important at all.

I am also a bit discouraged at the representation of our city and our society. But I know that the vast majority of our community are good, honourable people.

Please identify the culprits and prosecute them to the full extent of the law. Throw the book at them. Please.

My feelings exactly.

I'm just really sad for our city this morning. How does Vancouver recover from this? We don't deserve to win the Cup if we can only celebrate peacefully when we win. I'm over the loss, but don't know when I'll be over this, don't know what to call it...disappointment?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, I voted "Appropriate reaction to the game" above.

Because that is what Canuck fans did.

The troublemakers are not Canuck Fans.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can vouch that Arthur meant to add to the comments. He's not "that guy".

Anybody downtown this morning? I assume the rioters were either gone by now, passed out in a doorway, or hopefully sitting in a cell.

Utah- how do the streets look?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like this poll as a true Canucks fan wouldn't do this. These guys/girls are people who needed an excuse to act a fool and found one. I was watching at Red Card and the atmosphere afterward was sullen and subdued, what you would expect from true fans. Enjoyed a walk down Granville afterward and the atmosphere seemed reasonable. Then I got a text from a friend asking if I had seen the fires...That was my cue to get inside and lock it down which I summarily did. Watched the scenes for maybe 20 minutes before I was too repulsed to continue and went to bed.

When I drove out of the DT core via Nelson (Cambie Street Bridge) this morning at 4:45 it appeared as though much of the garbage was cleaned up. I can't comment on the areas affected by the rioting as I steered clear of all that idiocy last night and again this morning. There were lots of drunk stragglers crossing the street East Hastings style between Howe and Seymour and there was still a heavy police presence. I wish I had woken up and realised it was just a bad dream but no, there was indeed a riot last night.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure Arthur was just adding to your comment, not actually talking about you!

I guess that's what he meant by furthermore but I got confused because most people who meet me want to slap me in the face.

I couldn't sleep half the night. I kept thinking I hope my son doesn't turn out to be one of those a--holes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Text exchange with Reedie last night before 5PM:

Regs: You at the game?
Reedie: YES
Reedie: issues on Georgia street
Regs: uh oh

This is before the game had even started :mad: