Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are Canuck fans Sore Losers or Idiots?

Are Canuck fans sore losers, or idiots?

• Sore Losers

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Idiots

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Appropriate reaction to the game

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs between you and Sliver it's like having ttp secretaries. Not very hot ones but helpful.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will go to hell for finding humour in all of this but this has me in stitches, probably more due to the commentator's chuckle :)

Last edited:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

My son is 19 years old. His best attributes by far are his gentle nature and a natural respect for others, especially his elders. He generally has very good common sense and is "generally" quite mature. However, when all this stuff was happening, I was worried that I may see his face on TV. I didn't expect him to be participating, but I was worried that he might be posing for a picture, to substantiate that he was "there".

I am not happy about FACEBOOK in that it really does play a part in portraying an image that many of these young people will regret later. Many of us have made mistakes or erred in judgement when we were younger but there has never been video and audio proof to cement our indiscretions like there is today.

The story of these parents turning in their child is noble, morally correct, and very sad. I would also do the same thing. But let me ask you; would these parents be willing to do the same thing if there was no proof that their child committed any of these acts? Would I be willing to do the same? I may know about it, but if no one else knows or has proof, would I still act in a noble and morally correct manner? I won't answer that now. I would have to be put in the situation and analyze accordingly. I do know this, I would act in a manner that would allow me to live with myself.

Facebook in the latest application has served society very well. Perhaps this will be a catalyst in promoting people to think about the consequences of their actions. Intelligent, mature, and ethical types do not need an entity such as Facebook to effect their actions, but if it helps thwart further acts like we witnessed, that is good.

Raising children is certainly challenging, and in this unfortunate set of circumstances, I am proud of my son. The elderly gentleman has washed the shirt and arranged to return it to my son. My son said he could keep it but the old guy doesn't feel comfortable in Hollister. ;)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son is 19 years old. His best attributes by far are his gentle nature and a natural respect for others, especially his elders. He generally has very good common sense and is "generally" quite mature. However, when all this stuff was happening, I was worried that I may see his face on TV. I didn't expect him to be participating, but I was worried that he might be posing for a picture, to substantiate that he was "there".

I am not happy about FACEBOOK in that it really does play a part in portraying an image that many of these young people will regret later. Many of us have made mistakes or erred in judgement when we were younger but there has never been video and audio proof to cement our indiscretions like there is today.

The story of these parents turning in their child is noble, morally correct, and very sad. I would also do the same thing. But let me ask you; would these parents be willing to do the same thing if there was no proof that their child committed any of these acts? Would I be willing to do the same? I may know about it, but if no one else knows or has proof, would I still act in a noble and morally correct manner? I won't answer that now. I would have to be put in the situation and analyze accordingly. I do know this, I would act in a manner that would allow me to live with myself.

Facebook in the latest application has served society very well. Perhaps this will be a catalyst in promoting people to think about the consequences of their actions. Intelligent, mature, and ethical types do not need an entity such as Facebook to effect their actions, but if it helps thwart further acts like we witnessed, that is good.

Raising children is certainly challenging, and in this unfortunate set of circumstances, I am proud of my son. The elderly gentleman has washed the shirt and arranged to return it to my son. My son said he could keep it but the old guy doesn't feel comfortable in Hollister. ;)

This. Hopefully.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER - The head of the Vancouver Police Union disputed Mayor Gregor Robertson's statement that police had no advance warning that a small group of troublemakers intended to cause a riot during Wednesday night's Stanley Cup Final.

Read more: Vancouver police say they knew trouble was brewing downtown during Cup run

In unrelated news, the Surrey RCMP reported that since their inception, Wednesday was the first day they didn't receive even one call for help. TELUS has confirmed that the phone lines were operating properly.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely cracking punch to the fcuk who was the 'hero' a few minutes earlier.

We have seen a few students from our school in some of the photos......and their names have been passed along to the appropriate people. Everyone who has the opportunity to do this should do something about it.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kid from Maple Ridge has pretty much ruined his life and embarassed his parents and family. From Elite Athlete to Criminal in the click of a camera.
At least they're making him face the music.

Vancouver rioter outed as elite athlete - Calgary - CBC News

Do these people not realize that a criminal record would likely mean being turned down for jobs, let alone fired from the ones they have and likely being turned away at the border or travelling outside the country?

I love that schools are turning their students in.
And parents are turning thier kids in.

Alleged Vancouver looter turned in by parents - British Columbia - CBC News

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love all this. It shows that despite our minority of unruly hoodlums, we have grown since 1994. I don't recall as many people turning themselves in back then nor being outed. We may not be able to totally prevent these sorts of incidences but by refusing to stand by idly, volunteering to cleanup, and bringing those responsible to justice we what Vancity is REALLY about!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg,

I've been mulling this over in my head the last couple of days... are we really further ahead?

All I keep hearing these days are Social Media this, Social Media that... to be honest, I'm not a proponent even though I guess I could be pegged as a web-head.

We hear about how Social Media is so awesome helping out all these idiots... my thought is that if it weren't for Social Media in the first place, this shite wouldn't have happened as severly as it did.

One of the first things that struck me when I first started reading about the riots (I didn't see it live on TV as I went straight to bed after the game to cry myself to sleep :( ), was so many pictures showing a plethora of camera phones and people posing in front of burning cars.

Technology isn't always as cracked up to what it is made up to be.

Except TTP.

:)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're just saying that because you probably have some compromising facebook pics of yourself don't you? ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

Just going back to what Ballbaby said about the responsibility of Facebook (and by extension, social media in general).

"Double-edged sword" comes to mind. Like with most types of technology...

Get a good night's sleep, buddy. You deserve it.:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trying to burn/explode a police car in an environment where hundreds of people could get hurt is not on any way you slice it.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad to see this guy on the front page of the Province. People like him should be given the recognition they deserve for standing up to these morons. Maybe this will make more people want to stand up for what is right and get themselves in the paper for the right reasons

At least he got one of them good...

View attachment 8605

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0