Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC High School Boys

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then the name Sasha Sesto OUGHT to senD you into a tail spin. Wasn't he part of the 91' - 92' wonder squad as well?

I know we played together for a season (didn't we?) so if you weren't in goal it simply means you never did anything to impress me with your diverting runs up front.
I guess the same could be said for you. Massimo I remember. His dad smoking like a chimney on the side lines, I remember, you I don't. With our apparent flair and showmanship we must of played well together. I'm surprised we didn't win more games. :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You ought to buy a dictionary.

Did you attend any classes while going to High School?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky take it easy on KNVB, whether he went to classes or not it would not really matter. He is from Seascum remember!!

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1986 provincials

If I'm not mistaken... in 1986 North Delta won the championship after winning EVERY single game they played in pks. Also, Alpha beat Nanaimo in pks to get to the final. There was so much snow that all games had to be played in BC Place so there wasn't enough time to play OT (in the early rounds anyway). It was an interesting year to say the least.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
86 PROVINCIALS....AGAIN

I remember sitting in the stands at B.C. Place watching my younger bro slot one of the pk's against Over the Top and his Alpha mates to bring the trophy back to N. Delta. Other brother won in 1983. A nice little footnote to this year's tourney is that my cousin has a son on the winning team. I guess that's enough bragging for one day by this old "Huskey".

silverfoxhastoomanychampionshipsinfamily.:cool:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty

And who, pray tell, played for QE who was any good in those halcyon days? QE? They were a super power, definitely.

QE were always a threat... Especially in 94' when we went to Victoria having lost only 1 game all year in the Fraser Valley Final to those bastards from Coquitlam!!!
We did brilliantly (at drinking and pishing on the parliament buildings)... :eek:
The stacked team of Harry Sandu & Co. went on to win the 15th place game against Van Tech 8-0!!! Gotta love 15th:rolleyes:

Scared for life, Guinness

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guini

I was there as well we probably were hanging out at MONTYs I remmeber it was Viva Las Vegas Victoria 94 great times. I think we (BBY NORTH) finished 6th.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We finished 2nd in 1985 to Besty and company in penalties despite missing a penalty with 10 minutes to go, which would have made it 3 - 1. Actually, we lump-ed Seaquam in the semi-finals, bringing tears to several Seahawks eyes. Unlucky.

In 1986, I believe we(Richmond) came 7th. Unfortunately, I was in Scotland at the time and missed the tourney but I heard it was quite a snow storm, which forced it to be moved to BC Place.

Captainwhoisreminiscingagain

P.S. Our fcuking goalie dropped a corner with 30 seconds to go and their jammy striker knocked it in.......

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1985-86 provincials

Oh yes... as I remember Richmond was highly touted that year. I suppose they were a little shy without the Captain -- must have been since we (Nanaimo) beat them 3-0 (I think).

Just for the record (and for you younger TTPers) Captain was MVP of the 1984-85 BCs -- so maybe he would have made a two-goal difference against Nanaimo in 85-86 -- but probably not three;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onelesstar,

If I was playing, the final score would have been 5 - 0 for you guys. :) How did you guys do in the rest of the tournament? Do you have any idea where we can find archived stuff from these tournaments? High school sports were always the most fun for me.........

Captain

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BCs

We beat Centennial in the first round; Richmond in the second round; lost to Alpha in the semis in PKs; then lost to Sutherland in the consolation final in PKs. As it turned out, with the altered draw because of all the snow etc..., we ended up finishing 6th, I think. But, we did have 4 players on the second all-tournament team; one on the first team and the tournament MVP.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
85-86

Good thing you guys had the MVP onelessstar, otherwise you might have finished 8th or 9th instead of 6th. Just like this past tourney, North Delta were the champs. :cool:

silver"oldhusky"fox

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were you on that team, silverfox?

Captain, I have no idea where to find the archived information:confused:

I always enjoyed the b-ball trips in high-school.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Burnaby Central
2. Argyle
3. Terry Fox
4. Port Moody
5. Salmon Arm
6. St. George's
7. Oak Bay
8. Point Grey
9. Abbotsford Sr.
10. Dover Bay
11. L.V. Rogers
12. Kitsilano
13. Seaquam
14. Claremont
15. Prince George

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 15 teams because Princess Margaret was kicked out because of an incident in the semi-finals - attacking the ref or something like that. Read it in the paper.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0