Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Masters: Quarter Finals

Columbus 3 Nanaimo 0
Both teams were cautious in the first 15 min. Nanaimo were not a threat at all. I think they had one shot on goal the entire game. We started slow, it was 0-0 after the first half but in the second you can tell they were getting tired and it should of been 6 -0. There is some talent and was a great day for some footy. Looking forward playing Victoria and should be a hard fought battle.

OK, its about time that someone shed some light on who the HOSE is? From the sounds of his post, he was on the field with me yesterday. I wonder if he owns a Bayern Munich jersey?

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Defeated #3 last week Metro Ford Wolves, a side which VISLers some may say accurately yet ungraciously, have described as "posers". A bit harsh, staff advise.

Ungraciously !! Not at all. I have read how trips to the island are 3 points for the taking, shiite fields, and homer refs. That to me is ungracious. Teams this weekend played on Finlayson turf, a behemoth beauty of a pitch that will take its toll on the body after 90 minutes(Vic Wests home pitch). And the referees were competent and not biased at all. Perhaps even in the visitors favor on some calls. Now mainland teams are 2 less in the competition, island teams move up in the power rankings and the next round awaits.

Watching the wolves play UVIC, they seemed to play nicely out of the defending and middle third, but when they reached the attacking third there was absoloutely nothing there. The description "Posers", adequately describes the team I saw. But it wasn't just the wolves I was referring to. It was the firefighters also. The overconfidence was brimming and I know they thought they were in for a lark in the park. Add more water next time boys.

And the nickname has nothing to do with the "log" in Sooke.
icon6.gif

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

7. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Staff recognize that this side is, like Dickens, short and hurt. But they continue to compete. Beat Norvan easily on the weekend, and are up against arch-rivals SFC up at, staff are reporting, NAP next. Should be a potential MOTW, and Sir M may steer, if he can find it, the Audi in that direction.

The Audi or the park? May be a moot point...if you find the park, you may not find the Audi afterwards, due to the highly efficient, yet not always appreciated NAP valet service.

A TTP conundrum to be sure.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sarge:

Hose was with you, in spirit.

Logfish66:

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Dude:

The Audi.

Cheers.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, does that mean you know who the Hose is?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No I don't Sarge. But I have my theories, and have discussed this with others such as SCP actually. I think SCP may be convinced he knows who he is, but I am not. Hose is, kind of like Rene on this site, a bit of a mystery man.

But he may possibly be your coach...;)

pandabear

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters over 35 title

Columbus vs. Uvic who ever wins this game will go on to win the Daryl Huggess Trophy!!! due to are 7 injuries we lost a fair and square game. The teams in victoria are not too bad the goalie hacks a butt before the game starts in the dressing room. He stops the first pk and the scores on the last pk fiqure that one out. I aggree the westside team always has a good draw to the final they have an experience keeper that takes them far. Surrey United can be knocked off their pedastal if you play them hard. Good Luck to all the teams remaining!!!:):):):):):):):)

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Vic West was very lucky - to have us without 6 starters and on a bad weekend with kids cup games/coaching. They controlled the first ten mintues and that was it - they play bush soccer and when you get up at 7 to travel on a ferry and wait around for a changing room to open sometimes you just don't win.
SU - here is a scouting report for you - if you get the young ref - who did the coquitlam game have a non-starter kick him in the groin so he can't ref - because we heard he can't - call in Rene instead. Our ref was actually ok although he should have shown their only forward a red several times.
Their left back is fast - makes up for their left midfield who must have half a lung. The right back has the other half of the left mid's lung - so go down the right side - all day long. The dark haired center back is fast - the other is a butcher and plays like one - no skill at all. Their tall forward needs a good shot early and keep them coming - he gets off his game easily and takes dumb fouls. Their best play is a drop kick from their goalie and their forwaaards running. They do hustle - I'll give them that but if you don't beat them by 3 I will be surprised. They even wore bibs as they had no second jersey and are dark green so unis again will be similar. Goalie won't challenge for headers - just get it in the box - small back line. For us injuries were a factor but every dog has its day and this one was theirs - but they are similar to PCOV 9 (on a good day) - don't go down to their level. Finlayson is turf like yours - with the wind being tough. Cannot believe we lost to them average age about 37.

As for Columbus - Vic Alumni will be without their centerback - probably for a year or so - he hit heads hard with the Coquitlam player. I think it was Nick Gilbert up front for them - they play like you guys do except go forward a bit more and not as many beer bellies. Kevin and Sal should have some freedom to run - may be weak at centreback.

Good luck - I think the Island will be down to one next week -
Uvic, SU, Westside, and as much as it hurts to say - even with RF helping the other side with his apPEARance - Rangers will go through.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last time I checked Bambooboy, the draw is an open affair with all teams holding an equal shot at the prestigous Daryl Hughes cup. I guess it's natural to hope that you were knocked out by the eventual champs but some might think that kind of a post is a little self-serving...maybe even poserish.

Last year we drew Inter, West Van and the Firefighters to get to the only final we've been in and as I recall, the last time we went to the island, we came back victorious. You should stop playing so much on the turf and you might not have so many injuries.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rangers vs P A U.........

Newton Turf on Saturday at 12 noon.

It is always a battle with P A U and the boys are looking forward to the next round.

Unclewest

Apr 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Vic West was very lucky - to have us without 6 starters and on a bad weekend with kids cup games/coaching. They controlled the first ten mintues and that was it - they play bush soccer and when you get up at 7 to travel on a ferry and wait around for a changing room to open sometimes you just don't win.
SU - here is a scouting report for you - if you get the young ref - who did the coquitlam game have a non-starter kick him in the groin so he can't ref - because we heard he can't - call in Rene instead. Our ref was actually ok although he should have shown their only forward a red several times.
Their left back is fast - makes up for their left midfield who must have half a lung. The right back has the other half of the left mid's lung - so go down the right side - all day long. The dark haired center back is fast - the other is a butcher and plays like one - no skill at all. Their tall forward needs a good shot early and keep them coming - he gets off his game easily and takes dumb fouls. Their best play is a drop kick from their goalie and their forwaaards running. They do hustle - I'll give them that but if you don't beat them by 3 I will be surprised. They even wore bibs as they had no second jersey and are dark green so unis again will be similar. Goalie won't challenge for headers - just get it in the box - small back line. For us injuries were a factor but every dog has its day and this one was theirs - but they are similar to PCOV 9 (on a good day) - don't go down to their level. Finlayson is turf like yours - with the wind being tough. Cannot believe we lost to them average age about 37.

As for Columbus - Vic Alumni will be without their centerback - probably for a year or so - he hit heads hard with the Coquitlam player. I think it was Nick Gilbert up front for them - they play like you guys do except go forward a bit more and not as many beer bellies. Kevin and Sal should have some freedom to run - may be weak at centreback.

Good luck - I think the Island will be down to one next week -
Uvic, SU, Westside, and as much as it hurts to say - even with RF helping the other side with his apPEARance - Rangers will go through.

Taxman

You are a little bit harsh on the changing room comment??we always show up late as we are in the BUSH looking for our butcher Knives....

The only good player on the FF team was the big guy at the back who is strong as an ox... The rest of the team LOOKED nice in their matching track suits... Yes we will have a second strip ready this time..Enjoy the golf I hope you lose your ball in the BUSH ... Any more excuses...

Unclewest AKA Butcher

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks Uncle West - obviously you have no clue about the game or how it is played. You were lucky and are too stupid to know it. Just a few questions for you .. :confused:
What have you ever won ? :cool:
Are your parents brother and sister or just first cousins ? :eek:

Enjoy your last weekend of soccer.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman, Thanks for the game report. I thought FF had used up all their excuses for the year, but great job on coming up with a few more for the list :rolleyes:

...to have us without 6 starters
...bad weekend with kids cup games/coaching
...get up at 7 to travel on a ferry and wait around for a changing room to open
...They even wore bibs as they had no second jersey
...with the wind being tough.
...For us injuries were a factor

( and I thought things only happened in three's)

We will just add these to the previous excuses used this year.

undermanned again..oh well
had no CAT players to call upon

Had guys working shift work
They literally "threw" that game away....one of Their back up keepers
Had to play on the parking lot
They didn't want to be ranked too high
everyone on the field was 40 yrs old
The ref was terrible...

I wonder if FF will ever just lose a game? It is unlucky how the chips fall sometimes. All the other teams in the Provincials last weekend just got lucky by having the all the best referees , having all 20 healthy players, No body on the teams had kids, Everyone had changerooms to change in, and the weather was perfect. Some teams even had two sets of New Unis....

Hope your luck changes... or we might have to get you some counceling from Montel Williams.

Chin up little Bear..

I am off to the Island to gather empties, and scout.

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman. How I pity the poor folk who make excuses when they lose. Do you not think that every team left in the competition, has injury woes, kids to coach etc...

The making of a good team is the sum of all parts. NOT just your starting 11. 7 injuries, a pity, but not an excuse. Your other players on the mighty FF should have been able to pick up the hose. :wa: They failed.

Average age 37? Thanks very much. I know the boys will appreciate that one. :D

Calling our centre back a butcher is a joke. I guess when you get crunched(fairly and often)and can't seem to figure out a way past you make more excuses.

I clearly remember at the beginning of the game, some fat bloke, with at least 20 lbs on our forward taking 3 steps and lowering his shoulder, in an albeit pathetic attempt at setting the tone of the game early. Is he up off the ground yet, (what a butcher) Then, a striker(using the term loosely of course) purposely attempting to injure our stopper by stomping his ankle. Why? Because he was being marked tightly. Was his shirt or arm being pulled, absolutely, but certainly not enough to warrant a deliberate attempt to injure, (Butchers apprentice at best).

Thanks for giving us the first ten minutes of the game, until you took over. But dominating a game is not about possession in your own half, a couple of flair runs past two or three players with no end product. Winning headers in the box is great if you can head a ball. It has to go in the net Taxman, not over the net. I don't think our goalie had to make a save all day. Sorry, I forgot the shocking attempt at finishing on your only breakaway. Just as well as he was looking for his lighter most of the game. ;)

Taxman, you forgot to mention our goal or two goals as we scored for you. Actually it was our big forward that deflected the ball in off his shin for you. (there's your goal mentioned).:eek:

Our goal was a thing of beauty.:) After disposessing, in our middle third of the field, a stylish but ineffective run(one of many) we played the ball out wide and then to our big forwards feet. He easily held off your left backs challenge, shielding the ball nicely, and then turned him inside out, not once but twice :cool: before lasering a pinpoint cross to none other than our left mid(you know, the guy with half a lung, the shortest guy on the pitch, who won a header inside your box against all you big firefighters), who had made a nice supporting run to the far stick(most likely using his other lung)from inside his own half. Clinical header(he provides lessons if you like) back across the goal into the side netting. :knvb:

It is about getting stuck in Taxman, the FF are a good team, not as good as they think they are, with some quality players,, and we look forward to playing you again someday. But don't slag us because we beat you. Slag us cause were better than you.

Just read your rebuttal to Uncle West.

Your talented taxman, where did you get your wit.

What have you ever won? Thats a classic. (Youve' got brains(one can only assume:confused: :confused: :confused: ) as well as wit) If you need to know again, I will tell you.

WE WON THE GAME ON SUNDAY!!!!!!:wa: You lost the game on Sunday:eek:

Figured it out yet taxman, its not about what you've won in the past. We've all won something, even you. Remember your 3rd grade spelling bee. :) :)

It's about winning now. Good luck next year, hope you enjoyed your last weekend of soccer.:D

And keep the family lineage jokes to yourself Taxman. Poor taste!!!

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nicely put Antifan.
Great to see Vancouver teams complain about the travel, early wakeup time, wind??, etc....did he really say wind???

Taxwomen - how was your last weekend of soccer?? - maybe you will think twice about what kind of team you bring to the island next time. For all your talk that was a shite effort.

My favorite FF line after the game was - maybe we should play over 40's next year.

sacko

Dec 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Now this is some classic TTP!!! What do you think Ed?:bronco:

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow.......grade 8 flash backs.....

Firemen vs Vicwest
Having played Firemen for the last 20 years, I must say that they are a much better team than they showed Sunday. The last few years have caught up to them but they still show up every week to play. Vicwest are a bunch of hard working guys, limited talent but make up for it with effort (not slagging just being honest). Not a great game to watch but Vicwest did what they had to do to win. Firemen seemed to have trouble settling down the ball in the first half, missed most of the second half so can't say. O/T Firemen seemed to have more possession. Shootout = crapshoot.

MF vs Uvic
We started strong the first 10-15 minutes. Created some chances but could not hit the target. They adjusted their lineup to a 3-5-2 with Gilbert in the middle and he killed us with possession. Their first goal was a cross our big man misplayed which went to a wide open Uvic player. 5 minutes before half, the ugly collision occured, our guy received some stitches in the head, while their guy was released from hospital the next day according to their manager.
We switched to our usual 3-5-2 when we restarted but a bad marking decision by yours truly led to their second goal.

We quickly switched sides to start the second half as we had a 20 minute break waiting for the ambulance. We managed to contain Nick in midfield and had alot of possession through our back line and midfield. They played very well defensively and did not give us alot of room in the attacking third.

We made 2 mistakes which cost us. We each had one great scoring chance which both keepers saved, but other than that everything else was blocked or went wide and evenly played.

As for the `posers' comment and `no balls' comment. We have had a very good season. We made the League Cup final, qualified for BC's and made the League Championship Final (yet to play), so if that's what posers do then so be it. As most mainland teams know, we are a confident bunch of guys (as most are in our league) who want to win every time we play. Ask the teams we play every week if we have any balls or not. We did not perform our best on Sunday, combined with Uvic's performance did not make it easy for us.
I just hate it when people make ignorant comments off the cuff.

Uvic are one of the best teams we have played all year, they gave us the same cudos after the game as well. Columbus are in tough against them. If SU shows up to play, they will destroy Vicwest.

Somehow we ended up at the Vicwest Clubhouse after our game. Great place in someone's basement (I think). Nice to see all of their history on the walls. A place like that would result in a few divorce cases for our token lawyer Sudeyko.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0