Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Masters: Quarter Finals

No ignorant comments off the cuff. Just commenting on the game I saw. You do have talent, and you seem a capable bunch. But you didn't have the balls to win that game. Yes UVIC are good, but they are beatable and have been beat this season already by, dare I say it, Island Teams. For your team, I saw no desire in the attacking third, no hustle, it was really quite shocking too watch, being down in a cup game and just going through the motions. No slagging just being honest.

Congrats on your good season. And no offense meant by the posers comment, but one does get sick of the aloof attitude portrayed by mainland teams when talking about island teams. Yes you may be tecnically better than some of us. But that counts for SFA if you don't have the desire to win. We did. UVIC did. You didn't on the day, nor did the firefighters.

Best of luck next year. Thanks for patronizing our club house. Perhaps you could pass on to Taxman, what a storied club VICWEST are. I believe we have won more National titles than the fireman.

Cheers,

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well,

On his 4th post, it appears Logfish66 has discovered smilies. Cool, yet suspicious: has anyone ever seen LF66 and 5BTs in the same room at the same time? Interesting.

I am going to go with the home field advantage trend this weekend :confused: Ok in at least half the games:

SU
Columbus
SFC Rangers
Westside

Hopefully all sides will have alternate strip because that could be the TSN turning point.

thebigkahuna

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman,

You should be embarrassed. Have another moan you baby. Didn't tissue paper come with your shorts and socks this year. We all have adversity or other committments at this age level. I'm sure every team can make excuses, but to pronounce them for all to see.....what a puftah.

I also like how you call them butchers. Look in the mirror at your team. Your team as a whole is based on brute fireman strength (what I'm saying is that it is not very graceful). That is a generalization because I know some of your guys are quality players, but as a whole the FF mantra is butchery. I know this as I have been part of games this year (and for the past 20 years)versus you lot and stud marks on my ankles for weeks after we play is not what it's about.

sniffle-sniffle-sniffle

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This is good reading! Most of you are ignoring the Liverpool vs Chelsea game to post on here. I guess the Island only has internet capabilities in the spring. Some quality stuff.

Be honest with you. I like going to the Island to play. The ferry ride is exciting. I can't wait for the horn to blow. I like when we dock and we leave the ship to bathe in that warm tropical climate, pina coladas, palm trees, and a plethora of scooters and wheel chairs. I also can't wait for the whistle to blow, play the game, then a quick trip to Vicwest's clubhouse for some refreshments, a stroll amongst their photo gallery laden with caucasian males donning afros and moustaches, posing in front of their trophies. Oh, then the ride home where we don't leave the colon of the ship. We drink to oblivion, rush home to our wives and families, pretending to be sober, not realizing they smelled us a block away.

The Island. Not many people can say they come from an island. It is surrounded by water. These people wake up everyday and say, geez, I am surrounded by water. Better go down to the park and play soccer and get my mind of that. It unites them. We cannot take them lightly...........and we don't. We know we are in for one helluva match and have to bring our best game to compete. But the ferry ride makes it all worth while.:D

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BB,
Thanks for reminding me about the ferry ride home. After releiving ourselves of our empties and bladders in the ferry parking lot we managed to board our ride home. We made it top side and headed for the all you can eat buffet and proceeded to empty our pockets full of cold ones.

I think Penk and Meers are still looking for Penk's van on level 2. It was nice of the ferry worker to announce over the PA that there presence was required on level 4 to move his van so the remainder of the cars could depart. Classic stuff once again....

oh ya, our ref was shite, did not affect outcome but shite nonetheless.

thebigkahuna

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Much agreed about traveling to the island. It is always a good time. Go a day early or stay a day later to fully enjoy the Sticky Wicket or other establishment. It gets harder when the family is at home but it's still something to look forward to. We always hope for a roadtrip when the draw comes out (as long as it's not to Aldergrove:) )

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

If any Lower Mainland team makes the final, I say take the ferry to Victoria, way better bells and the buffet is to die for. And I vote for BB for poster (no not poser) of the year.

Good bye now, I can only hold my breath for so long, off to extra time at Anfield.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor ?
Geez - it is only a game and I thought this site was called Take The Piss - ..... 15 teams will lose their last game - even if it is too windy.

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Taxman - Good decision to put up the white flag.

sacko

Dec 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

What's your take Scottyshell? It seems that Taxman has soiled the fine reputation of the F.F,'s name....

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

What's your take Scottyshell? It seems that Taxman has soiled the fine reputation of the F.F,'s name....

Scotty, is just doing inventory on what excuses have or have not been used yet, or his internet provider is having a bad day, or he doesn't like the color of his font... :D

AF TTP.

On another note: Mrs Lupo man's Magic Mounds were outstanding in the tree fort the other night after i took her for a romantic dinner in the 7 aside beer garden.

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman, of course we have a sense of humor, thats why were on this site. I love people who can dish it out but can't take it. Hang up the boots while you can.

Cheers.:cool: :knvb: :knvb: :wa: :) :confused:

Smilies for Sir. M.

Unclewest

Apr 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Taxman
Yes it's me the Butcher at the back ." No skill at all " that hurt as I have been telling my wife I am the star of our team...How did you know I was a former butcher??You should see me playing Hockey.. I forgive you for the inbred comments . I am from Langford and have heard it all..
Just a note about the big forward who missed the PK in extra time, his parents gave your keeper a ride to the heli jet and Steve sent the club an email to say thanks. We appreciate this.. I hope we meet you guys next year and we can travel to your home field.. I bet we would take up the offer to come to your clubhouse..

Unclewest

Logfish66

where are you watching the game tomorrow??

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Uncle West.

At home on the big screen. Feel free to pop by if you have the day off. Great result today. Not often this household cheers for Liverpool.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers.:cool: :knvb: :knvb: :wa: :) :confused:

Smilies for Sir. M.

Logfish, excellent use of the smilies in your 6th post. Some of the great smilies utilizers have already commented on your precosity in this area. I have recently recieved PMs from such all time great smilies connoisseurs as twoleftfeet, highlander, Rangerforever, brownguy, BullyB, the venerable 5bigtoes (who legend has it was using smilies on his third post, amazing really, if true) and one of the all time greats: Fat Monkey. Have a look at one of his famous FVSL posts:

"Gameboy, during the game we kept saying "Let Pee Wee have it. We know he'll shoot. He'll also miss the net by ten feet each time. Let him shoot."

Can you thank him for not letting us down?;) :) :D

Our keeper, Mark, was forced to make one very good save, one average save and that's about it. The bulk of your chances weren't really threatening as they were all from outside (and mostly from Pee Wee:D )

I agree that we didn't generate many scoring chances, the final third has been our achilles heel all along, but I thought we held possession pretty well throughout. Brownguy played like a man possessed and both goals were the direct result of his incredible work rate. He was without a doubt our Man of the Match.

:knvb: :bronco: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :wa:"

Now, logfish66:

Note the cadence, pacing, and understated elegance of that post. Only the genius of Fat Monkey could have thought to place the bananas, pumpkins and KNVBs one each on a prime number. But keep it coming Logfish66, it is a learning experience, and you have displayed a real virtuosity at a very early stage in your TTP career.

Those FVSL (birth place of the smilies) hall of famers will be watching you.

Closely.

Use your talent for the good.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So...you want to know my version of the game....ok

We went to the island to play Vic West...they scored...we scored...OT..no one scored....PENO'S...they scored more....we lost...so...we drank...and watched Metroford lose...and we drank more....caught a later ferry home...watched the Canucks lose...straight to bed upon arrival home...wifey happy..(we lost)...woke up Monday morning realizing I now have til next season to heal the "old" body...life goes on....GOOD LUCK to every team left...see you next year. Sorry Antifan..no excuses here.

Cheers!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Uncle west - that was very nice of penoguys parents - Steve should send them tix to Game 6.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good for you Scotty no excuses! As for the Victoria team. Relax. You have won one game. We'll see you guys in Surrey...Watch out for them BTW. After all, they were VMSL league champs this year.

My pics:
Columbus(although I hate to admit it)
both Surrey teams
WFC

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

QUOTE=Scottyshell;216211]So...you want to know my version of the game....ok

We went to the island to play Vic West...they scored...we scored...OT..no one scored....PENO'S...they scored more....we lost...so...we drank...and watched Metroford lose...and we drank more....caught a later ferry home...watched the Canucks lose...straight to bed upon arrival home...wifey happy..(we lost)...woke up Monday morning realizing I now have til next season to heal the "old" body...life goes on....GOOD LUCK to every team left...see you next year. Sorry Antifan..no excuses here.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Well done Scotty... You guys are a good lot!! Seriously. and now TTP( Insert Hug here) Hope to see you guys next year. Should be a cake walk though, since your average age will then be 41 and you'll probably have grand kids ;)

By the way, Strathcona Hotel... on fire tonight for the Nucks game. Even a bike rack out front for sirM to lock up his Audi. Then you can see KNVB :knvb: and Eagles :bronco: Dance!!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M

I'm so glad you can recognize the obvious thought that went into that post.;) It was without a doubt, the most difficult time I have had formulating the exact way to express myself while TTPing.:eek: I'm just glad it's over.:cool:

Besides, there's not much else to do out in the Valley. Here's my schedule for the week.

1. Milk cows.:)
2. Rent Beta video tape of Vancouver Canucks first round game 4 vs. Dallas, as that's considered a new release out here and no one in the Valley can afford cable.:(
3. Work on excellent TTP smilies.:p
4. Practise banjo for Deliverance recital.:D
5. Yell at cousin/wife to get me a beer.:rolleyes:
6. Watch Rangers beat Peace Arch 3-1 Saturday.:eek:

:bronco: :knvb: :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0