Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Masters: The Final

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarter Finals:

Columbus hosts UVIC

VicWest hosts Surrey United

Aldergrove hosts Westside

Surrey FC hosts Peace Arch United.

Predictions?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: BC Provincial Cup Masters: Quarter Finals

UVic
BRM
Westside
FireRangers

I will need a ferry pass - Is there service to Vernon as well?

Unclewest

Apr 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Greetings from the Island.

Well I just played in the 2 hour marathon against the firefighters. I did not think the firefighters were all over Vic West the whole game. We were the best team in the first half, I thought , Anyway we won in the end. We even ,managed to score an OG in the last five minutes of the game.We also missed a peno in the last five minutes of OT.. we were unlucky??

So we play Surrey FC ..

Anything can happen if you knock off the # 1 seeded team..

The drive is alive

Hail Hail from the uncle

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M must be pissed off, as he closed the other thread before I had a chance to post. I will forgive him, as he has had a rough week. Heads up buddy it only get's better right.

Surrey Rangers 2- Coveside-0

Holy sh*t are they a big team, very skilled and confident. We lost 2 key players within 15 minutes due to injury, and found ourselves down 2 20 minutes in. One of a free kick, the other off a corner with some shocking defending by us.

I think we regrouped well, and had as many chances as them, if not more in the 2nd half. Their big defenders definitely don't like guy's running at them. I think if we had scored early in the 2nd, they may have been beatable!

Overall they are a good team, and I think think they will go far in this cup! But for such a big team, I don't think I have ever played against a bigger bunch of cry babies. Coach, tell your boy's to shut up, and play:cool:

We were talking after the game 5 G/A in the 2 years of Provincials all from set pieces. Nothing from open play!

As a relatively new team, we have to learn how to play with the big boy's!::(

I'm sure Coach will have a different view on the game. :cool:

Overall Coveside enjoyed the game, and wish Surrey Rangers good luck!

I am quite surprised at WVFC losing. Thought they may have been to beat fo it all!

Won't even comment on Nordic losing to SU, 5,6, or 7 nothing.

PAU beat Norvan 3-0, with the consensus being"why couldn't we have drawn them"

Oh well, there's always next year.

Good Luck to all remaining teams. But Coveside will be pulling for Surrey Rangers, if they shut up:cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers Cside you and your crew battled very hard yesterday.

We got two early ones and thought we might just be able to coast our way through??? Wrong!

Coveside battled and worked hard all game long and would not go away.

They had a couple of very nice chances and really were unlucky not to get one or two.

That being said Cside we also missed three breakaways and rang one straight off the bar.

It was a very good battle and we are happy to be getting on to the second round.

Anyways thanks again Cside, it was a good little battle indeed.

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vantreight's lost in PK's to Aldergrove.

Aldergrove went up 1-0 against the flow of the play. They then notched a second 2-0. Vantreight's scored on a PK. 2-1. Aldergrove then scored again against the flow 3-1. Vantreight's then scored on a long range free kick to make it 3-2. Vantreight's scored again to make it 3-3. In to the extra two 15 minute periods, Vantreight's score to go up 4-3. Aldergrove then score in the second overtime half 4-4 with 3 minutes to go.

On to Pk's, aldergrove shoots first:

AG - score
Vant - score
AG - score
Vant - score
AG - score
Vant - score
AG - score
Vant - Saved
AG Score

It was a great game from all accounts.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 3 - Nanaimo 0

0-0 at the half even though we had many chances. 3 goals in the second to seal the deal, and about 5 missed sitters (Nanaimo's keeper was their man of the match by far). Nanaimo played hard, but really didnt have any quality chances throughout the game (Im not even sure if our keeper had to make a save all game).

So now onto UVIC........can anyone shed some light on this team?

Regs, watch out for nutmeg.....its coming soon!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus 3 Nanaimo 0
Both teams were cautious in the first 15 min. Nanaimo were not a threat at all. I think they had one shot on goal the entire game. We started slow, it was 0-0 after the first half but in the second you can tell they were getting tired and it should of been 6 -0. There is some talent and was a great day for some footy. Looking forward playing Victoria and should be a hard fought battle.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Sarge for stepping out of line, I guess two game reports are better than one.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

UVic
BRM
Westside
FireRangers

I concur.

As much as I'd like to see Aldergrove move on, they are badly overmatched against Westside.:(

Match of the week will be UVic and Columbus. Should be a cracker.:wa:

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus
Slurrey
Aldergrove
Peace Arch (PK's)

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

:knvb: New to this site, and find it quite interesting. Funny how everyone writes off the island teams from the get go. Then discover that it may not be as easy as it sounds. 2 of 4 games won against. Pretty shabby for supposedly superior teams. Playing Surrey in next round. Any good or just posers like the FF and Wolves I saw yesterday.

Alumni
Vicwest
Westside
Surrey.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Slurrey United are full of posers. If you can shut down their key man in the middle of the park who runs miles (Doug Muirhead), you should have your way with them.

Sarge, I'll be waiting :D

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not only are they a team of posers, but their average age is just 36..........Don't let the guy in midfield who looks like Santa fool you , he's looked like that since he was 25...

logfish66

Apr 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sarge, you will be in tough against the alumni. Very skilled and patient team. Lots of scoring talent and well organized in defence. I would say another loss for the mainland teams.:knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Logfish66:

First off, excellent nickname and welcome to the real heart and soul of TTP: the Masters thread(s). You make a good point about the VISL not receiving the respect it deserves (although truth be said descriptors such as "posers" are a bit harsh. We prefer words like "tossers" or "guys that live in a tree fort with a tanning bed and collect empties for a living"). In any event, I digress. Sir M is not one to ignore criticism, and not one to make excuses: we are a customer focused service over here. Having said that, many staff members have been loathe to travel over to the Island this year, after some ugly logging road blockade stories, and the tragic pinning Georgie H. after one too many of those funny cigarettes, underneath "The Log". So this year, we really had to go on the VISL's performance in last year's Provincial Cup Masters which was not up to your usual high standards. But staff have sat up and taken notice at the VISL performance this last week and have ranked sides accordingly. So just in case you missed it on a now closed thread, here is a re-run of this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

Well let us take a look at this: all if a sudden the much vaunted VMSL has taken a bit of a blow, with a number of heavyweights (no RF is still an FVSLer) falling by the wayside, the VISL has made an unanticipated representation in these rankings, and the FVSL reps, inspired by Coach with the orange shades and stylin' sportcoat, and bitchin' haircut, are all through. And well, the NSCL teams all lost and, much like Sir M in the marriage bed since about 1995, did not score. But some very interesting results this last week, and we are now down to eight teams.

So now, it is time for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). This team dispatched the #1 NSCL side Nordic 6-0 and eased up in the second half. Staff are reporting some sort of swivel-hipped dispute between Regs and Tee...more to follow. Up against VicWest next, away. Their side of the draw has gotten easier, staff report.

2. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 4). Had their way with Nanaimo this Sunday, 3-0 at Adanac (not unlike SCK's marriage proposal record). Host UVic next, these teams are looking to teach eachother the meaning of the word "respect".

3. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week's rank: 7). Big win this weekend against last week's #2 rankings side jumps this team way up. Away to Aldergrove next out on 268th, and no, that is not University Boulevard. Not even close actually.

4. UVIC Alumni. (VISL. Last week's rank: 8). Defeated #3 last week Metro Ford Wolves, a side which VISLers some may say accurately yet ungraciously, have described as "posers". A bit harsh, staff advise.

5. S.F.C. Rangers. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 5). Some FVSL staff are a bit disappointed at this ranking for the FVSL Champions. Staff majority, however, point out that this side won a game that they should have won. Although it must be said they did it without RF. Up against Peace Arch next, and staff are predicting they are on a collision course with Westside. Having said that, staff suck at predictions.

6. VicWest. (VISL. Last week's rank: 9). Staff advise that, this side, much like Skanky CDMTC Blonde actually, laid a beating at home on the Firefighters this weekend. There is a certain staff rogue sect that were of the opinion that this was no surprise anyway (Sir M not being one of them of course). Host Surrey United over in Victoria on the weekend, a match to which staff member Gordon Head will be attending and filing the appropriate report.

7. Peace Arch United. (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13). Staff recognize that this side is, like Dickens, short and hurt. But they continue to compete. Beat Norvan easily on the weekend, and are up against arch-rivals SFC up at, staff are reporting, NAP next. Should be a potential MOTW, and Sir M may steer, if he can find it, the Audi in that direction.

8. Aldergrove United (FVSL Last week’s rank: 11). An excellent win for these BC Master's debutantes over there in Aldergrove today. Host Westside next weekend.

So there are your last eight. After next week, four teams in the rankings.

One last note for you pundits out there before you post your quarter final predictions: 6 out of 8 of the home sides, in fact all save for the bottom two matches of the draw, won in the round of 16.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sarge, you will be in tough against the alumni. Very skilled and patient team. Lots of scoring talent and well organized in defence. I would say another loss for the mainland teams.:knvb:

I would say another loss for the island teams!

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The swivel did make an unceremonious appearance, but it looked more like a twirl....very effective none-the-less. The was no personal issue between myself and the twirl, but rather a cheap, dirty, straight leg;) from their #10 on my left metatarsel. Thanks for the beers BTW:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0