Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BPL TV Shock - What to do Saturday Mornings?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bell launched Setanta today - channel 420 for you guys.

I've heard that StarChoice *will* be carrying Setanta as well ... since they are the satellite arm of Shaw anyways.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What am I missing? Yesterday at 7 am there was an EPL game on ch 22 - Man City 2 - West Ham - 0. I assume this is to end.

I missed it but read that the Score was showing Man U and Reading at 8 am today. Is this all ending with Setanta?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos,

Sportsnet gets the second choice game on Saturdays at that time slot and that is the only game they will show. Setanta has all the other games on Saturdays.

The Score has the first choice Sunday morning game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take anything bad i have said about Star choice and Setanta.

They manned up and i had free service for saturday morning.

I don't know what SportsWorld has but i saw EPL coverage last night on the fox Soccer Report. Not sure what is going on but they had highlights.

The Score needs to show their Footy Highlight show at a better time tham 6:30 pm eastern on Saturday as that is a tad inconvienient

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Setanta actually had decent quality feeds for their games, I actually had a good weekend of footy watching, will have to get rid of FSW Canada now and pony up the $15 a month for Setanta. The rugby and AFL was good too, as I see they took that from FSW too. Will GolTV be showing Serie A now? I noticed Setanta seems to be saying they'll have the Eredivise and Bundesliga as well.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their commercials are somewhat misleading...they can't show SPL games here in Canada or they would break their agreement with the RSC's and CSC's across Canada. I think they are advertising their Internet or ITVN box thingy when they say that, or it is just a generic thing they broadcast.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Shaw, the only thing that bugged me about the Setanta channel was that the guide did not always show what it was supposed to, for example, the Aston Villa vs Liverpool on Saturday was a suprise, though a pleasant surprise :D I also set the PVR to record the EPL/BPL highlight show last night and was dismayed to see they showed something else.

That said, the quality of the picture was very good.

I found the Score's presentation to be utter bollox :mad: Lose the in-house 'panel' and don't cut into the game to give an update on the other game you are not showing... fcukwits.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Regs. I was looking forward to the highlights myself last night but they were showing the Villa / Liverpool game ...... again.

That muppet on the left of the in-house panel is a fcuking idiot. Has absolutely no insight to the game and should join Steve Armitage in some curling rink somewhere :mad:

His comment about Ronaldo was fantastic :rolleyes: 'He's only got one move - the stepover. Everybody knows he's going to do it but still can't defend it'.

Awesome .........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the left? Brian 'superstar' Budd? At least he has a bit of a personality - the choice of Paul James for commentary is mind-numbingly, erm, stupid... he does some stuff on GolTV as well - why is this guy even on TV?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Setanta + The Score + Rangers Supporters Club + Sportsnet + Fox World Sports = Divorce

Don't forget Gol TV , Bucky. :)

I'm going to go with the Setanta........and I'm going to have another wee watch of the Celtic/Falkirk game tomorrow morning at 9:00.

BTW, does anyone have a link to find the exact games/sports which will be shown on this Setanta? :confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0