Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner Cup Bradner Cup 2010/11

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the divisional meeting, we have been asked to quickly lend a hand and discuss not only the new divisional alignment but to touch bace on this new cup.
The New Cup (still to be named) we all voted to get underway this year featureing the 2 Premier Clubs who didnt make the Pacific Cup and All the div 1 teams and top div 2 teams to make up 32 teams.
Single Knock out 32 teams is easyest and simplest. To run along the same time as the New Pacific Cup.
It is an optional Cup so any teams not wanting to take part can drop out and the spot can be filled by any team wanting to take part that was not included in the original 32.
The Idea of this Div 1 Cup is to add more games and fun to Div 1...Yes Div 1 still plays for the Pakenham. But now has another Cup away from the top Premier teams and lets in some of the better div 2 teams needing to see what div 1 is like and to let the 2 lower Premier teams still get the same amount of games as the other Premier Clubs.

That was the Idea put forth and voted on at the AGM.

Pretty straight forward
any more comments or Ideas?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: New FVSL Div1 Cup

I like it. It gives tougher competition to the top class Div 2 teams that look to have an easier time of it this year... LUFC Young Guns, PAU Nomads, Pomo Gunners D2, etc

Last year there was some excellent competition in D2 with the ACBC B team, FVRD, GEU Inter, Guildford Utd, etc... We're going to miss those squads this year... This cup will give us guys that stayed behind another crack at em.

So it's going to be:
Prem: Aldergrove and ND Lions
All of current D1 listed (19 teams)
plus 11 Div 2 teams? (Will this be open to U-21 and Masters Teams also?)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think that would be an awesome cup to have! that ties in alot of the divisions and gives team a good sense of where they stand, instead of always thinking they are a div.1 team or possilbly a premier team. Even though its only a single knock out and anything can happen on any given day, but at least teams can have some fun playing higher quality squads and make for great challenging matchups

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who exactly in Div.2 can take part in the New Cup? Will it be last years Div.2 promoters? Or drawn from this season's Div.2 teams?

Also how's the Div.1 alignment looking, will it be one Div.1 or split?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Talking to some folks, it sounds exactly as above. It is an Open cup with first rite of refusal to play, in priority, of Premier bottom 2, all of Division 1, and then the teams ranked by last years standings in D2... so for a new team to D2 that was promoteds from D3 last year, you would have to see a bunch of teams bail out that would be in line ahead of you, at least that is how I understand it.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I like it. It gives tougher competition to the top class Div 2 teams that look to have an easier time of it this year... LUFC Young Guns, PAU Nomads, Pomo Gunners D2, etc

Last year there was some excellent competition in D2 with the ACBC B team, FVRD, GEU Inter, Guildford Utd, etc... We're going to miss those squads this year... This cup will give us guys that stayed behind another crack at em.

So it's going to be:
Prem: Aldergrove and ND Lions
All of current D1 listed (19 teams)
plus 11 Div 2 teams? (Will this be open to U-21 and Masters Teams also?)

Will u miss us....hmmmm

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

That was what I proposed at the AGM and yes some Masters guys were interested in playing...So we could have a few Masters teams involved too...
32 - 2 Prem - 19 Div1 - 6 Top div 2 and - 5 top Masters...?
Idea ?

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

If that's the case, why not make this an FA Cup/Carling Cup style tourney and allow anyone to join, all divisions. Call it the FVSL Cup, FVSL League Cup, or FVSL Open Cup. Add the Top 2 Div.3 teams in the mix as well. Nothing like adding the possibility for potential upsets. Wouldn't that be something if a Div.3 team could upset a Div.1 and so on. And of course teams can accept or decline, so you have only committed teams in the cup. If teams in all divisions take part it would truly be a league cup. Only teams to exclude are the higher Premier teams taking part in the Pacific Cup. Just the bottom 2 in Premier as the Premier representatives. Premier teams will already have too many cups to compete in.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

32 teams makes for a quick easy knockout formula. Remember we have to be finnished by Xmas break.
The regular cups start January 15th right when you come back from Break.
Also this new Cup is to run along side the new Pacific Cup with only 16 teams and 4 weeks of games to complete,
32 teams and 5 weeks is really all you have time for.
Funny thing too...Most guys like yourself suggest a FA Cup style where div 3 can meet a Premier team by a draw....Its not the Div 3 team in most cases that doesnt want to play a Premier team,....Its the Premier team who doesnt want to play a div 3 team.. Alot of div 3 players hack the shti out of premier guys when the score gets run up.
Maybe div 3 can put a motion forward at next AGM for thier own Cup...
Our Idea was this and was voted on...we did agree to let a few Masters teams in if they wanted.
And again we thought of this for the Div 1 teams as priority to reward those who play in div 1 to make that Division more fun.

junction

Oct 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I love this idea. Is it official?

The lack of a Div 1 cup has swayed alot of guys in the Port Moody club to play div 2 the last couple seasons, after having played div 1 in years prior. It just seemed pointless for our guys to play together within our club all season, and then end up being pitted against eachother playing for the same cup with a watered down squad at cup time. This should put an end to any kind of "sandbagging" by any team.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Its official...We all voted in favor at the AGM....I agree its really what Div 1 needs to keep the Div 1 players motivated.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

So where would the teams in div 2 that were demoted from Div 1 last season be lotted? Would they be one of the first Div 2 teams invited or one of the last? This cup is still a great idea

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually from what was talked about (and dont quote me cause I dont remember the details) but this new Cup will be called the "Bradner Cup"
and will be open to any FVSL team (except top 8 Premier Clubs playing in Pacific Cup) who wish to play...FVSL Open Bradner Cup.
Im sure a post on the website on how to register will be posted soon. ($25 registration fee per team)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

August 2 - BRADNER CUP - All FVSL teams (except top 8 from Premier
in 09/10 season) are eligible to ENTER the NEW 'Bradner'Cup for the 2010/2011 Season. Please send an e-mail to admin@fraservalleysoccer.com by Aug 15 to be included in the DRAW for the 1st Round.
1st Round - weekend of Sept 17/18/19
Entry Deadline August 15, 2010
Entry Fee $25 (added to TEAM account)

Post From FVSL website....So whos in?

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great idea....as long as we dont have to play at Bradner field!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice. This is a great idea.

Just curious about name choice here. I know there is some history w/ Bradner. What was the reason for that name choice?

Personally, I think it should have been called the Dude Cup, to coincide with the Dude FVSL next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0